hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Lennon is spot on, some of the decisions were horrendous.

1. Allowing the pars to take free kicks a metre closer than where the incident happened.
    2. SJM booked for his 1st foul.
    3. The (non) penalty.
    4. Letting the pars CH's hold and foul Graham all game.
    5. Booking DM for diving when he was taken out.
    6. Letting play continue after Keatings got halved.
    7. Ignoring Cummings getting dragged to the ground in the penalty box.

Just some of the things I witnessed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His job this season was to get us out of this division. He has nearly completed that task.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    We cant keep blaming the refs. The truth is we have a number of players who are not good enough to turn all these draws in to wins
    This. The referees decision should have been irrelevant today. We are playing against garbage. If we could score goals it wouldn't be an issue. It's poor, poor stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Just my feeling but I think that once he has Hibs promoted Lennon will leave, I think he is well aware a substantial minority of Hibs fans didn't want him from the begining & others have now jumped on the Lennon should go band waggon. He will probably feel that to a degree he has redeemed himself after his Bolton gig & look to now move on. On a personal note I hope I'm wrong.
    You could be right.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Just my feeling but I think that once he has Hibs promoted Lennon will leave, I think he is well aware a substantial minority of Hibs fans didn't want him from the begining & others have now jumped on the Lennon should go band waggon. He will probably feel that to a degree he has redeemed himself after his Bolton gig & look to now move on. On a personal note I hope I'm wrong.
    I think you're right and each to their own but I think I'd be quite happy if that turned out to be the case.

I'm in a similar head space but I don't think he'll leave because of a few fans not seeing the bigger picture. I think he'll go because he'll never be given the budget he wants to build his own squad. I also hope you're wrong.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Just my feeling but I feel the exact opposite. If there are any Hibs fans against Lennon the they are in the minority and I don't think any bandwagon is gaining momentum. Anyone not supporting Lennon just now is just daft (and counter productive) as we look to confirm our place in the top division.

I think Lennon recognises the flaws in the team but is managing them well to get over the line. He will be here next season and I reckon we will see quite a different team.

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    I wish Neil would focus on playing some decent football rather than spend his time blaming referees, yes there have been some poor decisions but our football is dire.
    You do know he's retired?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post
    Just my feeling but I feel the exact opposite. If there are any Hibs fans against Lennon the they are in the minority and I don't think any bandwagon is gaining momentum. Anyone not supporting Lennon just now is just daft (and counter productive) as we look to confirm our place in the top division.

I think Lennon recognises the flaws in the team but is managing them well to get over the line. He will be here next season and I reckon we will see quite a different team.
    I can't disagree with any of this.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Possibly the uninspiring football is why he want the focus to be elsewhere.
    You've posted this nonsense before, so can you back it with any proof or is just anti Lennon crap?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This. The referees decision should have been irrelevant today. We are playing against garbage. If we could score goals it wouldn't be an issue. It's poor, poor stuff.
    Unfortunately it wasn't just like most of the decisions by refs against us this season !!!

Coaching Staff

Hope your right & I'm wrong.

@hibs.net private member hibsitis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    His job this season was to get us out of this division. He has nearly completed that task.
    Yes. But a good manager would have done it much more easily and entertained us at the same time. There's no rules that day it's got to be this horrible.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    Lennon is spot on, some of the decisions were horrendous.

1. Allowing the pars to take free kicks a metre closer than where the incident happened.
    2. SJM booked for his 1st foul.
    3. The (non) penalty.
    4. Letting the pars CH's hold and foul Graham all game.
    5. Booking DM for diving when he was taken out.
    6. Letting play continue after Keatings got halved.
    7. Ignoring Cummings getting dragged to the ground in the penalty box.

Just some of the things I witnessed.
    The Keatings and Mcgeouch decisions were outrageous. Sure Keatings took studs to the chest and the ref didn't even give a foul.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsitis View Post
    Yes. But a good manager would have done it much more easily and entertained us at the same time. There's no rules that day it's got to be this horrible.
    Equally theres no rule says it has to be pretty either.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    The Keatings and Mcgeouch decisions were outrageous. Sure Keatings took studs to the chest and the ref didn't even give a foul.
    The challenge on Keats was very high, and should at worst been a foul for Hibs

@hibs.net private member

Absolutely agree. 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Haha Lennon leaving after hibs get promoted.....

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Not really sure what you mean by not supporting him but I'd be quite happy if he left tomorrow.

I'm not suggesting we should sack him but I've got big concerns about the amount of goals we score.

If that makes me daft then so be it.

Left by mutual consent!
    To elaborate, I don't know any hibs fans who would be averse to giving Lennon a shot in the premiership and given we are in a semi final and two games away from the greatest achievement of a non-rantic club in the modern era, it's too hasty to judge quite exactly what Lennon wants.

@hibs.net private member
    Sorry but if we don't win another game then we will be caught.

The amount of draws is ridiculous.

I've honestly never witnessed such consistently dreadful refereeing this past couple of seasons in over 50 years of supporting.

At least in the 60's and 70's it was blatant corrupt Hun masonary at work. You knew what you were up against.! This is schoolboy, attention seeking, cowardly-buffoonery weird stuff.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Yup, agreed.

I think he will relish the challenge of going up against Rangers, Celtic and Hearts instead of the crap we've had to endure this season.

He seems to love it here and I don't see him being in a hurry to head south again.

Quote: This is schoolboy, attention seeking, cowardly-buffoonery weird stuff.

I love that. I might even get it on a t-shirt 😉

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Sorry but if we don't win another game then we will be caught.

The amount of draws is ridiculous.
    Will we, aye?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Was Darren not down after getting blootered in the head (only listened on the wireless) does that not count as a head injury?? This meaning the ref should have stopped the game??

Lennon is settled in Scotland, if he did leave what team would he manage? No one up here apart from Celtic probably and I doubt he would go back down south tbh

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRC View Post
    Was Darren not down after getting blootered in the head (only listened on the wireless) does that not count as a head injury?? This meaning the ref should have stopped the game??
    He blocked a shot with his head and went down. The referee was slow to react to most of the game and appeared to take forever to award free kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    Quote: This is schoolboy, attention seeking, cowardly-buffoonery weird stuff.

I love that. I might even get it on a t-shirt 😉
    I know, sorry.

But I seriously don't even know what to shout at some of these theatrical clowns anymore.! Their 'decision making' leaves me genuinely open mouthed and speechless. Never seen anything like it. They've actually worn me down.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Who was he waving at in the main stand at the end of the game?
    Looked quite bizarre