hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stubbs speaks

From what I'm lead to believe Stubbys will be back in the summer and Lenny will be off.

Dempster will also be away.Probably Sevco as she has been approached before.

Ah well, onwards and upwards

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From what I'm lead to believe Stubbys will be back in the summer and Lenny will be off.

GGTTH
    So the person responsible for hiring/firing managers is leaving in the summer but we're also going to fire and then hire a manager. Will Leeann do that before she leaves, or do you know what her yet to be chosen replacement would do?

This would be a chin scratcher if it wasn't absolute boll*cks.

GGTTH
    Utter crap

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    You have to give Lennon credit for Commons and Ambrose. Why wouldn't you?

Martziano, Holt and Shinnie have all contributed. Laidlaw has done okay when needed overall.

Stubbs had plenty of misses too given he was allowed to sign lots of players. Three keepers that were pretty debatable in impact, Sinclair, Dagnall, Watson, Feruz, Dje Dje, Kennedy and Eckersley for example.
    Stubbs had to rebuild an empty squad following relegation. Some were 100% signed quickly to get people in. But also some lf those names were not failures and were half decent. Kennedy was clearly a talented boy but struggled to find a role in 3-5-2. Dje Dje was average and better than the dross we saw line up when we got relegated. Eckersley never played and was purely for cover. Dagnall actually started his Hibs career really well but the elusive first goal failed to come and killed his confidence.

Lennons signings have been iffy imo. Shinnie has been disappointing due to iconsistency. Holt hasnt scored anywhere near enough and he clearly doesnt rate Graham himself.

GGTTH
    Stop making stuff up, just makes you look daft.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar

GGTTH
    Hahahahahahaha

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

GGTTH
    And where did you hear all this?

United we stand here....

I don't understand the "how do I top this" comment. Maybe he wouldn't be topping it but at least if he stayed and got promotion he would be meeting his objective. It was hardly job done nothing else to do here, There was loads still to be done, the job he was here to do wasn't anywhere near complete.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

GGTTH
    I'm hoping that you are just gullible and have posted that in good faith.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Stubbs had to rebuild an empty squad following relegation. Some were 100% signed quickly to get people in. But also some lf those names were not failures and were half decent. Kennedy was clearly a talented boy but struggled to find a role in 3-5-2. Dje Dje was average and better than the dross we saw line up when we got relegated. Eckersley never played and was purely for cover. Dagnall actually started his Hibs career really well but the elusive first goal failed to come and killed his confidence.

Lennons signings have been iffy imo. Shinnie has been disappointing due to iconsistency. Holt hasnt scored anywhere near enough and he clearly doesnt rate Graham himself.
    As ever with these things you can make a case for any of the signings you want to. They were all signed for a reason, some worked, some didn't.

My very minor point was just that this eye for a player stuff with Stubbs wasn't necessarily true. He did sign well but he signed a fair volume of players and a number of those also didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    As ever with these things you can make a case for any of the signings you want to. They were all signed for a reason, some worked, some didn't.

My very minor point was just that this eye for a player stuff with Stubbs wasn't necessarily true. He did sign well but he signed a fair volume of players and a number of those also didn't work out.
    Which players didn't work out? What was the ratio? Every manager makes signings that for one reason or another doesn't work out.

GGTTH
    If Lennon decided to leave I wouldn't be surprised to see Stubbs back at ER ..... it would be tempting to replace NL with a manager who knows the club and players well and who is loved by the fans .... but I cant see why NL would want to leave after getting Hibs promoted, so whoever lead you to believe this is probably talking bollox.

As for Leeann Dempster ...... she is probably in the top 10 of UK football club administrators just now, the only thing that would possibly stop a huge club from poaching her is their apprehension at the difference in the size of the job involved between the likes of Hibs and say Aston Villa or Newcastle United. As for SEVCO .... Why on earth would LD want to go to a club where the owner tells blatant lies about the amount of money he is going to spend on it, especially when she is cemented in at a stable club and making a decent wedge every year .... LD isn't stupid, if she does decide to leave it will either be to a job in outside industry or to a club that isn't a basket case.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If Lennon decided to leave I wouldn't be surprised to see Stubbs back at ER ..... it would be tempting to replace NL with a manager who knows the club and players well and who is loved by the fans .... but I cant see why NL would want to leave after getting Hibs promoted, so whoever lead you to believe this is probably talking bollox.

As for Leeann Dempster ...... she is probably in the top 10 of UK football club administrators just now, the only thing that would possibly stop a huge club from poaching her is their apprehension at the difference in the size of the job involved between the likes of Hibs and say Aston Villa or Newcastle United. As for SEVCO .... Why on earth would LD want to go to a club where the owner tells blatant lies about the amount of money he is going to spend on it, especially when she is cemented in at a stable club and making a decent wedge every year .... LD isn't stupid, if she does decide to leave it will either be to a job in outside industry or to a club that isn't a basket case.

I would say the step up from Motherwell to Hibs is pretty big. Let's just hope she enjoys working in Edinburgh for a few years yet.

GGTTH
    You've made a right tit of yourself there.

2014/2015 2nd in the league/ league cup quater final/ scottish cup semi
    2015/2016 3rd in the league/ league cup final and scottish cup winners

Not a bad record to leave on. Great manager in the cups, too stubborn in the league. Refused to move away from the diamond that didnt work. Refused to play with width.

He was never going to beat winning the cup with us, anything else would have tarnished his reputation. Thats why i think he jumped as soon as he could. Rotherham was never a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

please correct me if I am wrong but according to the last report and accounts the top paid Hibs director was paid circa £120k. that was presumably her. In today's mad world that is peanuts. While few Scottish clubs could out bid that a similar role in the English championship would probably pay around £500k with substantially more in the EPL. I really hope she stays as I would credit her as the critical factor in our recent success but we can't beat that.....
    Last edited by Islington Hibs; 03-04-2017 at 01:02 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    please correct me if I am wrong but according to the last report and accounts the top paid Hibs director was paid circa £120k. that was presumably her. In today's mad world that is peanuts. While few Scottish clubs could out bid that a similar role in the English championship would probably pay around £500k with substantially more in the EPL. I really hope she stays as I would credit her as the critical factor in our recent success but we can't beat that.....
    I wonder what she was paid at Motherwell. Did she move for the money or to put herself on a bigger platform. In any walk of life if you are good at your job there is always the chance to better your self financially.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    I wonder what she was paid at Motherwell. Did she move for the money or to put herself on a bigger platform. In any walk of life if you are good at your job there is always the chance to better your self financially.
    I suspect she thought she had taken Motherwell as far as she could and Hibs offered more opportunity. Hibs are growing and indeed the franchise, to use a term I hate, is literally at a 40 year high, and I hope she still sees upside potential.

In a Scottish context there is perhaps only two jobs that could be available that offer more potential- Scotland and The Rangers. Some role with Scotland might be interesting, simply as the 'Scotland' football brand has so materially under- performed over the last 20 years. The Rangers would be very risky- opportunity for sure but realistically so many issues and could end in massive tears....

Not sure if she is well known enough for a major team in England, but clearly there is cash and opportunity there.

Lets hope she stays with us for years to come. I think she has done a brilliant job at many levels.

For me i think Lennon would love the chance to play the huns, sellik and hertz next season, cant see him going anywhere, but, if he were to go, it should be after we beat sellik in the Scottish Cup final.
    Oh and I wouldnae mind seeing stubbsy back in his place if he does go.