hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tackle, Headbutt, Fight

Clear footage here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/alirv5/status/847207013625024512

2. Log in to remove the advert

Doesn't look great from McGregor and whilst Lennon's initial reaction is completely justified, to keep going radge for that long smacks of playground posturing to me.

Worst thing is of course the initial tackle though.

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't look great from McGregor and whilst Lennon's initial reaction is completely justified, to keep going radge for that long smacks of playground posturing to me.

Looks to me like Duff Jimmy has said something that has clearly wound Lennon up - I have to say I love the passion and the fight from Lennon though

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    Looks to me like Duff Jimmy has said something that has clearly wound Lennon up - I have to say I love the passion and the fight from Lennon though
    Passionate yes, embarrassing yes.

Not the behaviour expected from the main man in one of Scotland biggest clubs.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    Duff Jimmy entered the Hibs technical area instigating the confrontation. Lennon seamed to react to what was said.

Doesn't look good for MacGregor but the Morton player did feign contact as well.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

McGregor will get done as he put his head forward however the guy falling down needs shooting for that reaction. Not sure the tackle was that bad to merit the reaction to be honest. Just happened at the wrong area of the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Duff Jimmy entered the Hibs technical area instigating the confrontation. Lennon seamed to react to what was said.

Doesn't look good for MacGregor but the Morton player did feign contact as well.
    Absolutely did a disgraceful reaction.

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post

On this occassion yes I agree with you - I was meaning in more general terms

Gamer IDs

It's strange one, I absolutely love the passion he is showing and it is something we have lacked but that is no way for a high profile public figure to conduct themselves.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Anything but. I think Lennon wanted to have serious words with Puffy.

Duffy sanctioned for getting in Lennons area, Lennon sanctioned for his reaction, Daz lowered his head hence a red, shocking challenge and blatant acting afterwards so another red.

The ref got it all right.

First Team Breakthrough

Couldnt agree more. I dont think Leanne or Rod will be pleased with his behaviour. Way over the top.

It's strange one, I absolutely love the passion he is showing and it is something we have lacked but that is no way for a high profile public figure to conduct themselves.
    His initial reaction was understandable however it ran on too long and he needed to step back. Easier said than done though.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Daz. Did move his head but it looks more like a gesture more like a point at forster or what are you (head nod) doing
    ""

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    His initial reaction was understandable however it ran on too long and he needed to step back. Easier said than done though.
    Totally agree. At work people push the wrong buttons all the time to wind you up, whether it's in a board room, shop floor, building site you just can't react like that especially after the initial reaction as you say.

Ps that's not me calling for his head although I've never liked him 😀

Totally agree. At work people push the wrong buttons all the time to wind you up, whether it's in a board room, shop floor, building site you just can't react like that especially after the initial reaction as you say.

Ps that's not me calling for his head although I've never liked him 😀
    I am the opposite really like him however as can be seen last night he can lose it out of proportion IMO. good to have a passionate manager however needs to reign it in at times, he will be hammered for this though.

Who cares? I'm passed nice Hibs. For three years this league has taken the utter piss out us. Last night was episode 337 etc. The mcginn incident, the handball, and then that disgusting challenge and play acting added to that absolute welt Duffy getting into the hibs technical area.

Lennon's interview was spot on. It'll be bad old lenny again.

I hope he uses it to say its us against everyone else. As fans we should be united behind the club and Lennon as they stand up to the absolute joke that this league and the governing bodies in this country are.

Lets just smash our next three games including a convincing win at morton. We can send that prick duffy a "better luck next decade" card.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gutted he never laid out Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I am the opposite really like him however as can be seen last night he can lose it out of proportion IMO. good to have a passionate manager however needs to reign it in at times, he will be hammered for this though.
    Have not watched it again, wanted to give my reaction at the time. From FF it looked like a leg breaker challenge with the ball nowhere near. Not surprised at what happened next because instead of moving in and giving a red the ref did not react until the mayhem started.

Re Lennon, he thought his player had got a bad one and was rightly livid. So when Duffy got involved he fought his corner. Thankfully we have a manager with passion and I don't blame him at all for what happened next!

First Team Breakthrough VivaHiberña's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Duffy sanctioned for getting in Lennons area, Lennon sanctioned for his reaction, Daz lowered his head hence a red, shocking challenge and blatant acting afterwards so another red.

The ref got it all right.

I have to agree, while Lennon was provoked that's no way to behave. Certainly not becoming of a Hibs manager.

If also like to say hats off to Martin Boyle for being the only player on the park who had the maturity to not get involved.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Both players go head to head and the issue will be whether McGregor is deemed to have made an action towards the Morton hacker. For what it's worth, I wouldn't class it as a headbutt, just a guy really annoyed that someone had just hacked down his teammate (a guy who has spent a lot of time out with injuries). I think it's 50/50 that the appeal will be successful.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

He's not a high ranking politician or a captain of industry, he manages a group of men who play a game for a living. No real harm was done and it gives us all plenty to talk about instead of concentrating on the really important stuff in life. I really have no problem at all with the way he behaved last night, it just adds to the drama for me.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    If we're going to kid on that that's a headbutt and a red then we're going to have to invent a while new colour of card for the tackle.

The fact is, the ref books their 7 after his fourth or fifth foul and he gets some semblance of control. He never controlled the game at all last night. Quite frankly, the tackle on Boyle not long before that was a clear red too, right into his ankle.

Sorry but the situation with McGregor and their thug happens week in and week out ...with the outcome a yellow a piece..the fact their player feigned an injury ..should add weight to his punishment for cheating ..or does their player get 2 reds if McGregor's is,a red, one for the tackle the second for as described ..

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    He's not a high ranking politician or a captain of industry, he manages a group of men who play a game for a living. No real harm was done and it gives us all plenty to talk about instead of concentrating on the really important stuff in life. I really have no problem at all with the way he behaved last night, it just adds to the drama for me.
    It's not been a game for many many years now unfortunately.

I think McGregor will fail any appeal because of " intent ", but the compliance officer should be doing the Morton player for simulation as well and additional to any punishment for his red card.

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    If we're going to kid on that that's a headbutt and a red then we're going to have to invent a while new colour of card for the tackle.
    Exactly, there is no way in the world that's a headbutt. It was more like a shove with his chest and the guy went down as though he had been smashed by a Tyson right hook. He was sent off for his shocking tackle and should receive another red for feigning injury (I'm sure a Hibs player was sent off retrospectively not too long ago at hunbrox for doing the same)

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    The fact is, the ref books their 7 after his fourth or fifth foul and he gets some semblance of control. He never controlled the game at all last night. Quite frankly, the tackle on Boyle not long before that was a clear red too, right into his ankle.
    Don't think 7 was booked but 6 definitely was and within a minute of being booked, had committed another two fouls.
    In the first half, the ref warned about making four fouls before gesticulating 'no more' but how many times do players get booked by refs for committing the four fouls (they do exactly what that ref last night done, point to 4 different areas of the park to let everyone know why he booking the player).

After all said and done, I don't why players want to get involved in the first place. It was a shocking tackle and there was only ever going to be one action, a RED card. It gives us an advantage right away but as soon players start getting involved, it give officials the excuse to even things, just WALK AWAY FFS.

Too many on here on their high horses re Lenny saying not fitting of a Hibs manager blah blah blah clearly dont like him anyway so an excuse to have a go.
    Lenny is right he will be the bad guy usual.
    Glad we have a manager that has passion (and shows it) and will stand up to what he sees in front of his eyes.
    He will get us promoted at first attempt.

Am I right in thinking as Darren's red was for violent conduct he would miss 3 games? (unless the appeal is successful of course).

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Too many on here on their high horses re Lenny saying not fitting of a Hibs manager blah blah blah clearly dont like him anyway so an excuse to have a go.
    Lenny is right he will be the bad guy usual.
    Glad we have a manager that has passion (and shows it) and will stand up to what he sees in front of his eyes.
    He will get us promoted at first attempt.

Spot on