hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dylan McGeouch

@hibs.net private member

Dylan McGeouch

Why was our best midfielder on the bench tonight? Unbelievable. I'm beginning to think there is some truth in these rumours that Lennon doesn't like him. When McGeouch plays Hibs play. Bewildering - If he is not fit don't put him on the brnch but if he is he's the first name on the team sheet for me

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why was our best midfielder on the bench tonight? Unbelievable. I'm beginning to think there is some truth in these rumours that Lennon doesn't like him. When McGeouch plays Hibs play. Bewildering - If he is not fit don't put him on the brnch but if he is he's the first name on the team sheet for me
    Very surprised to see Dylan on the bench tonight. Having said that, he went down very heavily on the touchline on Saturday and looked to have taken a strain. I suspect Lennon didn't want to risk him tonight for fear of another lengthy injury.

I expected Dylan to start tonight, think the only reason I could give would be because Saturday was his first game in a while, he looked very tired at the end, maybe lennon didn't want to push him too much with another game a couple of days later

Quote Originally Posted by ivan03 View Post
    I expected Dylan to start tonight, think the only reason I could give would be because Saturday was his first game in a while, he looked very tired at the end, maybe lennon didn't want to push him too much with another game a couple of days later

Left by mutual consent!
    Waste of a wage since he signed for Hibs. Always injured or some other excuse. Get rid.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by connerg View Post
    Waste of a wage since he signed for Hibs. Always injured or some other excuse. Get rid.
    Very constructive, I wonder if your manager in work will ever say that about you :)

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by scotiaf View Post
    Very constructive, I wonder if your manager in work will ever say that about you :)
    My Line Manager at work does not work for Hibs and either do i. Your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by scotiaf View Post
    its a fair point he's made. Not one I agree with but I understand why he thinks that. I just hope McGeouch can prove him wrong.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    its a fair point he's made. Not one I agree with but I understand why he thinks that. I just hope McGeouch can prove him wrong.
    Sorry but i don't see his point! My point is. Dylan, since he signed for us, has not been the the player he was on loan. Hibs need to get promoted and he's not the player we thought he should be in Scotland's second tier.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan03 View Post
    That's fine for not starting him but no reason not to bring him on when we struggled through the second half

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Strongly disagree. Dylan is exactly the type of player we should be standing by. A class act when fit and has done more than enough to be given some leeway.

Although he's not got the swashbuckling style of Mcginn, or the pace and skill of Scott Allan, he plays with his head up, is agile, can pick a pass and actually puts his foot on the ball now and again to see if there's anything on.

I'm a big fan of Dylan 🙂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Strongly disagree. Dylan is exactly the type of player we should be standing by. A class act when fit and has done more than enough to be given some leeway.

Although he's not got the swashbuckling style of Mcginn, or the pace and skill of Scott Allan, he plays with his head up, is agile, can pick a pass and actually puts his foot on the ball now and again to see if there's anything on.

I'm a big fan of Dylan 🙂
    All very too infrequent. Has anybody read my first reply?

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Couldn't believe it when I found out he was on the bench! As said, we play much better when he plays!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Couldn't believe it when I found out he was on the bench! As said, we play much better when he plays!
    Yes, great player but does he have the desire?

Yes, great player but does he have the desire?
    Of course he does. Why would anyone doubt it?
    not his fault he wasn't given an opportunity tonight when the game was crying out for his talent

First Team Breakthrough Stoney Hibee's Avatar
    He is a player who more often than not has a positive impact on the team when he plays. As the last couple of years have shown he is injury prone, if the answer is that he can only play 90 mins once a week then we have to live with that.

Let's be honest, if he was never injured and played every week he would not be playing for us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Of course he does. Why would anyone doubt it?
    not his fault he wasn't given an opportunity tonight when the game was crying out for his talent
    Our manager must have thought different. First tackle made on him and he goes down, then subbed. Seen it all too often with Dylan.

Our manager must have thought different. First tackle made on him and he goes down, then subbed. Seen it all too often with Dylan.
    He played the full game on Saturday and wasn't subbed and wasn't subbed tonight so not sure what point you're trying to make. He has as big a heart as anyone in the team and more skill than any he is just unfortunately injury prone. You think he feigns it for some obscure reason?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Laughable he was pivotal in us winning the cup and has been tremendous in many games. He has an injury but when he doesnt play it is night and day IMO.

Are your eyes painted on?

Didn't expext him to play 2 games in a row after so long out.

What tonight showed is what was already glaringly obvious to most people. We are a far, far better side with a fit Dylan McGeouch in it. Having a player who's 1st thought is to do something positive with the ball quickly and efficiently is exactly what we have lacked for much of the season.

It's probably a forlorn hope but I would love us to get him to the stage where he can play 10-15 games in a row.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Suspect this is Lennon's way of teaching him to rid himself of all the injuries that are in his head.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Suspect this is Lennon's way of teaching him to rid himself of all the injuries that are in his head.
    I really, really hope not.

It won't work and if DM does have a mental issue that he believes he's injured when he's not then being dropped for a few weeks won't change that. Given Neil Lennons own very public battle with mental health issues I thankfully can't see him going down that route.

Oh my days the lad had a big role in us winning the Scottish cup in may and 10 months later is a waste of a wage. He's had injury problems and works hard to get better, when he is on the pitch he's one of our best players if not the best.
    Lots of players have chronic injuries it's about managing them, he's not going to play 2 games in 4 days not a chance. He did warm up for at least an hour last night, wonder if Lennon just used last night as part of his rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Didn't expext him to play 2 games in a row after so long out.

What tonight showed is what was already glaringly obvious to most people. We are a far, far better side with a fit Dylan McGeouch in it. Having a player who's 1st thought is to do something positive with the ball quickly and efficiently is exactly what we have lacked for much of the season.

It's probably a forlorn hope but I would love us to get him to the stage where he can play 10-15 games in a row.
    Nail on head.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Or managing him with a view to him playing more games between now and the end of the season.

If Dylan only plays 4 more games this season and 2 of them are in the Scottish cup I'll be happy. We'll do enough to see the league out without risking him and he could vital in us going for 2 in a row.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Or managing him with a view to him playing more games between now and the end of the season.
    I hope that's the reason. I'm only basing this on Lennon's treatment of Cummings earlier this season.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Dylans time at Hibs has proved he needs to be treated delicately.

Hes been consistently injured throughout the season, so playing 2 games in 4 days isnt a good idea, especially against 2nd & 3rd place teams in the league. He only started on Saturday due to McGinn not being available.

Bartley has turned a corner since we have been playing a 442. Looks more composed and has put in some very good displays. Very hard to drop McGinn or Bartley unless injured.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I would suggest this is the answer.

Some slavering total Tom Kite on here.

Dylan is under contract and therefore the charming suggestion we "get rid" is meaningless. Equally bollox is the idea that Lennon doesn't like him and that it is all in his head.

For about the millionth time. It is called chronic injury, By all accounts Dylan has one. Disappointing, frustrating and pretty sad for him. On that basis a bit less speculative crap and a bit more sympathy would be in order.