hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Player Ratings

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

Player Ratings

Marciano - Nothing to do. Some poor kicks - 5
    Ambrose - Strolled through the game. Nice passing and skill - 7
    Hanlon - Never troubled. Understandably looked tired at the end and subbed - 7
    McGregor - Commanding. Joke of a red. If the SFA are neutral then he'll be playing Saturday - 7
    Stevenson - Played well. 100% as usual - 7
    McGinn - A few glimpses of the great player he is, but mostly poor - 4
    Bartley - Some shakey moments. Worked hard. Joke of a yellow - 5
    Keatings - Never really in the game. No real impact - 4
    Boyle - Our only real threat tonight. Poor final delivery - 6
    Holt - Looked off the pace. Mostly poor other than a few bright moments - 4
    Cummings - Looked jaded. Never threatened the goal - 4

Forster - Little time on the pitch. Shocker of a foul against him - 2
    McGeouch - Ditto as above - 2
    Graham - Looked sluggish. No impact - 2

Ref and Linesmen - very poor again. Got the few big decisions wrong - 1

Lenny - Thought McGeouch came on far too late, and too many changes for me from what was a decent performance on Saturday. 10/10 for passion at the end though and for defending himself and his players.
    Last edited by The Harp Awakes; 29-03-2017 at 11:37 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Marciano ..... 5 ..... nothing to do, but some of his kicks didn't go to areas where Hibs players had a chance to compete for the ball.

Ambrose ..... 6 ..... pretty well strolled it, but not as effective going forward as he has been in recent games.

Hanlon ...... 6 ..... rarely troubled, but a few times allowed Morton players to get in front of him and win the ball and gave it away in a bad area at one point with a shocking pass.

McGregor .... 7 ..... won all of his battles as usual, the guy hardly ever has a bad game.

Stevenson .... 8 .... my MOM ... got practically everything right and dug us out of a few tricky spots with some excellent play.

Bartley ..... 6 ..... did what he does, but contributes little going forward, I still need convinced that its not overkill playing him in games like this one when both McGinn, McGeouch and Fyvie ... not to mention Martin are all capable of fighting their corner in a midfield scrap but are all better going forward than Marvin is.

McGinn ..... 5 ..... one of his poorer games for Hibs, he gave the ball away far too often with some bad passes and just failed to impose himself on the game.

Keatings .... 5 .... totally ineffective, looks less and less like a starting player every time he gets 90 minutes, though he did try to get more involved in the last 20 minutes.

Boyle ..... 6 ..... did well in the first half especially, does great to get into positions but rarely seems to find a killer final ball ... at one point in the 2nd half he had beaten his man and had a chance to get a left foot shot away, but instead cut back outside onto his right foot and tried to beat the same man again looking for a crossing position ... just have a go man !!! ..... I would like to have seen him switched to the left for 10 minutes to see how he got on.

Cummings .... 7 .... going against the grain a bit from the opinions I've seen from other people tonight, I thought he used the ball very well when he got it, he had next to no service and I don't know how anybody can expect him to score with so little possession in the areas where he needs it to be effective.

Holt .... 5 ..... won about 10% of the balls played up to him and continually makes utterly futile mistimed jumps that have no prospect whatsoever of winning him the ball, did little to link the play and looked ponderous throughout the game, deserved to be hooked.

SUBS:

Graham .... 5 ..... always looks busy and at least managed a header that came close, which was better than any of our other forwards on the night.

Forster ... 3 .... not on long enough to do much, hope he is ok.

McGeouch ... 2 .... think he kicked the ball once and that was to play near enough the worst pass of the evening.

The Ref ...... not so much what he did as what he didn't do .... allowed Morton far too many fouls without any action and then booked Bartley for his first foul .... allowed the Morton player to sucker him into sending off McGregor, even though he seemed to be in a position to clearly see there was no contact.

Neil Lennon ..... It seemed a strange decision to leave out McGeouch after he played so well on Saturday ... every manager in the championship must know by now what sort of a game NL expects when Bartley is in the team and if you ask me his inclusion encouraged Morton to think we wouldn't be as dangerous going forward and so it proved, yes Morton rarely troubled us at the back, but the same could be said for us at the other end of the park.

I take it the lower numbers on your keyboard don't work on the 1st team Nae Nookie?!!
    Seriously some of them would be lucky to get a number 0 on tonights display.

Discounting Morton?

After watching Houston's Falkirk set out last Saturday to kick us off the park - first bad foul fifteen seconds after kick-off - I thought Morton at least tried to play football last night. They did not sit in. They had a real good go. The stramash at the end apart of course. We must remember that we are the Chelsea or Celtic of this league and every team coming to ER play out of their skins. In many ways the SPL next season will be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I take it the lower numbers on your keyboard don't work on the 1st team Nae Nookie?!!
    Most of my higher scores were for our defenders who kept a clean sheet in what was a tough game, Morton are clearly a decent outfit and put everything into this game ..... Lewis stood out and deserved his 8 IMO especially considering some of the stick he gets at times. I never saw Cummings give the ball away once and though he wasn't a danger I thought his overall play showed a maturity that is growing all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jijihibby View Post
    After watching Houston's Falkirk set out last Saturday to kick us off the park - first bad foul fifteen seconds after kick-off - I thought Morton at least tried to play football last night. They did not sit in. They had a real good go. The stramash at the end apart of course. We must remember that we are the Chelsea or Celtic of this league and every team coming to ER play out of their skins. In many ways the SPL next season will be easier.
    Such a good go that our goali didn't have to make a proper save.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    He's marking out of 100.

Marciano - 4. Nowt to do, kicking garbage again.

Ambrose - 5 Usual solid self at the back. Not a lot offered going forward.

McGreggor - 6. Fine. Harsh sending off

Hanlom - 6. Decent return

Stevenson - 7. Our MOTM

Keatings - 3. Anonymous

McGinn - 4. What has happened to him?

Bartley - 4. Nothing going forward and we struggled in the midfield battle which is why he's there.

Boyle - 6.5. Gave their full back something to think about. Would have been 8 if he could provide a final ball and improve his decision making.

Holt - 3. Up there with his worst games for us and I usually like him.

Cummings - 5. Service to him was brutal. He's been better but was far from the worst last night.

Marciano 6 - Little to do.

Ambrose 7 - Nice, composed display. Been a great signing.

Daz 7 - Solid as ever, wish he'd actually nutted that roaster at the end.

Hanlon 6 - Sloppy at times but understandable after a spell on the sidelines. Great to see him back.

Stevenson 7 - Mr dependable was my choice for MOTM. Rarely put a foot wrong all game.

Boyle 6 - Had a few good runs but really needs to improve his final ball. He can be far too rash in the final third.

McGinn 5 - Really wasn't Super John's night, I'm afraid to say. Glimpses of his quality at times but nothing really came off for him.

Bartley 6 - Alright. Wouldn't have been my choice to start the match.

Keatings 4 - Want him to do well but whenever he gets the chance from the start he contributes very little. His delivery kept him on the park.

Cummings 5 - Very little service, didn't do a lot with the service he did get.

Holt 4 - Like him but he was very poor tonight. Should have been hooked earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    He's marking out of 100.
    No he isn't .... he tends to take into account how tough the opposition make it when he gives his marks .... some of the marks given in recent weeks have been influenced by disappointment at the result rather than objectively looking at a players effort as well as performance .... I for one wont be giving 2s and 3s to a player I think had a bad game so long as the effort is there.

I gave Holt a low score because I thought he was totally ineffective and it was the same with Keatings ..... I didn't think they weren't trying, if I had thought that the performance of both of them would have been a 3.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Marciano - 6 - had absolutely nowt todo.
    Ambrose - 7 - You can see his confidence is returning
    Hanlon - 7 - standard
    McGregor -7- standard
    Stevenson - 7- looks far better as a full back rather than a wing back
    McGinn - 5 - poor
    Bartley - 6 - decent game
    Keatings - 4 - offered very little
    Boyle - 6 - our only threat tonight. It'd help him if one of our centre forwards actually showed some interest in getting into the box
    Holt - 3 - Not as bad as Saturday but still awful.
    Cummings - 5 a couple of good moments but easily looked after by the Morton defence. It's probably help if strike partner was in the same vicinity as him occasionally

Forster - 6 - not on long
    McGeouch - 6 - thought we looked better when he cam on.
    Graham - 5 - Did better than the guy he replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Marciano - 6 - had absolutely nowt todo.
    Ambrose - 7 - You can see his confidence is returning
    Hanlon - 7 - standard
    McGregor -7- standard
    Stevenson - 7- looks far better as a full back rather than a wing back
    McGinn - 5 - poor
    Bartley - 6 - decent game
    Keatings - 4 - offered very little
    Boyle - 6 - our only threat tonight. It'd help him if one of our centre forwards actually showed some interest in getting into the box
    Holt - 3 - Not as bad as Saturday but still awful.
    Cummings - 5 a couple of good moments but easily looked after by the Morton defence. It's probably help if strike partner was in the same vicinity as him occasionally

Forster - 6 - not on long
    McGeouch - 6 - thought we looked better when he cam on.
    Graham - 5 - Did better than the guy he replaced
    He played about 4 minutes. Slack pass to Keatings that went out for a throw. He should of been on the park from the 60 minute for either McGinn or Bartley.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    He played about 4 minutes. Slack pass to Keatings that went out for a throw. He should of been on the park from the 60 minute for either McGinn or Bartley.
    Agreed. The pass you mentioned took a huge bobble. He shouldn't have been left out. He was ready to come on for 10 mins before he actually did come on.

I agree with the general impression that our defenders did better than our attacking players but feel that we really do need more in an attacking sense from our full-backs - especially playing in the Championship. So - although they defended well I feel that 7s and 8s for Ambrose and Stevenson is very generous.

So -taking into account the poor distribution from them in the final third as well as their solid defending I'd give both 6.