hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Inside/outside the box

Looked to me that the keeper handled outside the box but benefit of doubt given to Morton.

Looked to me like mcginn was fouled inside the box but benefit of doubt given to Morton.

Thoughts?

Edit: I sit in line with the 18 yard line
    Last edited by Monts; 29-03-2017 at 10:38 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looked to me that the keeper handled outside the box but benefit of doubt given to Morton.

Looked to me like mcginn was fouled inside the box but benefit of doubt given to Morton.

Thoughts?
    McGinn I thought he got right, but I did think the keeper caught it just outside. But I'm a fair bit away so can't say for certain.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    id like to see the footage of the handball, looked pretty clear cut

Thoughts?
    Wasn't too sure about the keeper incident but did think at the time that McGinn was a yard or so inside the box. Sometimes these things just happen too quick so for all I know I could be talking a load of mince. Would like to see video replay if there's any floating about.

First Team Breakthrough

Thoughts?
    Both incidents outside the box for me

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    From where I was sitting in the East, the Morton GK clearly grabs the ball with both hands outside the box. Was astonished how he got away with that!

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

Thoughts?

The keeper handled outside the box 100%.

I think McGinn was outside the box when he was fouled though.

@hibs.net private member
    I didn't have the best view of either but I thought both were outside the box. The Keeper one looked clearly outside.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    I thought the keeper had his feet on the line but he was leaning right out to catch so handball for me, as per the lino was yards behind play so have himself no chance to give a fair call.
    McGinn was tackled just outside but either his momentum or his "Tom Daley" lunge made sure he landed well inside the box.

@hibs.net private member
    Looks just outside on the highlights but difficult to be sure

Untitled-1.jpg

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I thought it was out the box from the west upper on the wrong side of the half way line. Height did help however, difficult for the ref but the linesman would have had a better chance.

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    From the TV , I would say definitely 100% outside the box
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

@hibs.net private member
    McGinns was definitely outside.

Untitled-1.jpg

Thoughts?

I'm in the FF right behind where it happened. I could see his feet on the line so it had to be outside the box. Another thing I noticed tonight was that the East linesman was very poor at keeping up with play. His positioning was terrible and he was out of position to make the correct call on this incident imo.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I'm in the FF right behind where it happened. I could see his feet on the line so it had to be outside the box. Another thing I noticed tonight was that the East linesman was very poor at keeping up with play. His positioning was terrible and he was out of position to make the correct call on this incident imo.
    Doesn't the line form part of the box? So if a foul happens on the line it's a penalty. If the keeper handled it on the line it's OK.

Personally, I thought his hands were outside the box.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    On the line is inside the box.

Tbf to the ref with the handball he looked over to his linesman who was bang in line with the incident and got nothing from him. He even gestured to him to say something.

Can't blame him for looking for help as the linesman had a far better angle. What the ref seems to have forgotten is that linesman are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to making decisions.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    keeper caught it outside the box, i was right in line with it

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Looks just outside on the highlights but difficult to be sure

Untitled-1.jpg
    This is after he has pulled the ball into his arms. Arms looked well outside when he first handled it and stopped Boyle getting a run in on goal. Should have been a red card. Only linesman knows why he did not flag it!

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Doesn't the line form part of the box? So if a foul happens on the line it's a penalty. If the keeper handled it on the line it's OK.

Personally, I thought his hands were outside the box.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    On the line is in the box. The point I was making was that his feet were on the line but his hands were forward of that.

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    keeper caught it outside the box, i was right in line with it
    The instant reaction form the fans inline with the handling incident suggests it was outside the box. It looked like literally everyone jumped to their feet and shouted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Tbf to the ref with the handball he looked over to his linesman who was bang in line with the incident and got nothing from him. He even gestured to him to say something.

Can't blame him for looking for help as the linesman had a far better angle. What the ref seems to have forgotten is that linesman are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard when it comes to making decisions.
    The linesman was late in arriving on the scene imo. He was behind play and wasn't in line with the incident at the moment it -the in or out move - took place.

The keeper took the ball into his hands outside the box, the give away part was that he came backwards when he recieved the ball to get inside it ....he knew it if your in the box then your in why go back a step or so ??
    Absolutely right that east stand linesman was woeful he is still out here trying to make a decision yet as to whether to in and get changed out of his kit ! At times was 4-5 yards of the line of play.
    Do these people just apply from off the street and are given a couple of weeks training before they are given a game ??? Because most haven't a clue ...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    This is after he has pulled the ball into his arms. Arms looked well outside when he first handled it and stopped Boyle getting a run in on goal. Should have been a red card. Only linesman knows why he did not flag it!
    I was quite careful to get the ball at its furthest point outside the box. Feel free to get a better picture.

Blog Entries
    I was quite careful to get the ball at its furthest point outside the box. Feel free to get a better picture.
    Well done with that. Per the pic both feet are on the line, ie in the box, therefore even if ball was forward of his feet it would be an extremely tough call to make. However we do often see corners given when a keeper is inside the playing area but his arms are over the goal line. The consequences however are far less punitive which may have influenced the decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    On the line is inside the box.
    Think he's saying that if the keeper's feet were on the line then then the ball has to be outside the box, given that he's holding it in front of him

Fair enough, in that case it was a tough one for the lino to call. But from my seat behind the goals keeper clearly handled outside the box!😆

That picture shows the ball is outside the box and from where I sit in the West Upper his arms were, when initially grabbing the ball, more outstretched outside the box, making it an even more simple decision for the linesman.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Think he's saying that if the keeper's feet were on the line then then the ball has to be outside the box, given that he's holding it in front of him
    Exactly.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    found this, confirms it is the position of the ball that dictates

Unlike many sports regulations, in which foot positioning matters, the position of the ball dictates whether the goalie can touch it. If the ball is over the line and the goalie is holding it, then the referee may blow the whistle and stop play. Conversely, a goalie who is standing completely outside the box may touch a ball that is inside the goal box area without penalty.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.