hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Duff Jimmy

Duff Jimmy

Just watched part of his post match interview, ah dislike him even more now.
    https://twitter.com/ClydeSSB/status/...125686273?s=09

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by al1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a fan either - 'though not sure there's too much in that short clip to get too annoyed about?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Not a fan either - 'though not sure there's too much in that short clip to get too annoyed about?
    A little tbh, seems to be playing "I never saw anything" and " I've never been in the situation before" card. It resembles a kid saying "I've never had detention before" and "it wasn't me and I never saw anything". He was the instigator and so was the ref, should have whipped out the red before McGregor got there and the ruckus occurred.

Left by mutual consent!
    Bawbag.

@hibs.net private member
    Classless dig at Lennon at the end. Prick.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I don't know how this works? Get in the face of the opposition manager to clearly defend that tackle say it all. I hope he gets an 8 game stadium ban.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking, just not used to posting and assumed everyone was on the same wavelength as me 😊

As a football man he's a complete imposter.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well done Neil Lennon, you stood up for Hibs. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by al1875 View Post
    Should never been hibs manager.

Don't really get all the hatred for Duffy as this was all just a bit of handbags and I don't bear 20 year old grudges.

I don't see what's wrong with the interview either. It's an admission that he got carried away but it's just passionate people having verbals. The part at the end was as light hearted as you'll see and is only taken seriously if you're looking to get offended.

Lennon said that anyone would do the same as he did if the shoe was on the other foot but I'm sure he'd behave in a similar way to how Duffy did had he been the Morton manager. There's a marked contrast in the tone of both interviews and even though it's not in Lennons nature, maybe he needs to chill a bit.

Duffy has certainly improved as a manager and he's got a Morton team playing really well, standing toe to toe with ourselves and playing a passing game.

Maybe it's just me but the modern football fan in the era of social media doesn't half like demonising and vilifying other clubs, supporters and managers for things that would seem pretty trivial in the past. I become even less keen when the clubs involved are under half the size of ourselves.

Too much hate. Let's move on, concentrate on Duffy's attributes on the park and get this league won.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Don't really get all the hatred for Duffy as this was all just a bit of handbags and I don't bear 20 year old grudges.

I don't see what's wrong with the interview either. It's an admission that he got carried away but it's just passionate people having verbals. The part at the end was as light hearted as you'll see and is only taken seriously if you're looking to get offended.

Lennon said that anyone would do the same as he did if the shoe was on the other foot but I'm sure he'd behave in a similar way to how Duffy did had he been the Morton manager. There's a marked contrast in the tone of both interviews and even though it's not in Lennons nature, maybe he needs to chill a bit.

Duffy has certainly improved as a manager and he's got a Morton team playing really well, standing toe to toe with ourselves and playing a passing game.

Maybe it's just me but the modern football fan in the era of social media doesn't half like demonising and vilifying other clubs, supporters and managers for things that would seem pretty trivial in the past. I become even less keen when the clubs involved are under half the size of ourselves.

Too much hate. Let's move on, concentrate on Duffy's attributes on the park and get this league won.
    Seems fair well said

His body language, tone, wording are all signs for me that he is culpable for kicking that all off, he knows what he has said and done playing it down, he looks very j comfortable answering those questions, with a real arrogance and dismissive attitude .. That's the second time one of his thugs have committed a horrendous tackle in the dying stages of a game and its created problems. Fyvie got done by Qitongo at their place 2 seasons ago when the ball was on the touchline going out and ended up out for about 6 weeks ..not the same furore after the challenge then our manager was a lot more laid back.
    Duffy mentality nastiness with a mask on for the media ...opposite of Houston who shows it outwardly!!
    we need to turn them over down there desperately ..

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    is it just me or does Duff Jimmy look like one of those bloated junkie type guys who is uncomfortable wearing a suit but has to as he wants to impress the judge in court??

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Statement from Duff Jim. Tosser.

Firstly, I would like to say that I watched the footage on television last night and, from my point of view, I was embarrassed when I saw my reaction.

"I am not going to get involved in a public debate with the Hibs manager, but what I would state is that I categorically, 100 per cent did not ask for a ‘square go’ or use anything even remotely like that term.

Yes, I acted immaturely – but I’m not 12 years old."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I'm with you 100%. Don't see anything wrong in his comments at all & I'm sure NL would be the 1st one to have a wry smile at his parting remark. FWIW Jim Duffy, actually played football for London Hibs when he was at Chelsea, IIRC. He was a fine guy who never said a bad word about our club.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Harmless joke

An absolute bell-end he is (and has the head to prove it)