hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    You know what is embarrassing, all these idiots on the match thread saying that lennon is a disgrace and is no hibs manager.

Video evidence proves beyond all doubt that no hibs players or staff acted that badly. Morton players and staff are the ones who should be embarrassed

2. Log in to remove the advert

Morton player makes a dangerous foul against our player.

Morton player feigns injury like a pussy.

Morton manager - a bald, knuckle dragging cretin - comes into our manager's technical area for a "square go".

And unlike Colin Calderwood and others of that ilk, damn effing right our manager won't take that ****.

Neil Francis Lennon, soon-to-be Hibs Championship winning manager, I salute you sir.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People who don't like Lennon and talk of "class" need to see that for too long we've had "ehm well maybe I was wrong and I'll need to change and blah blah blah" essentially just blaming themselves (the manager that is) rather than the officials, opposing players and opposing teams. What did that get us? Decline and relegation. We can't appreciate Leeann for doing virtually the same - standing up for the club - and whine at Lennon...

Lennon is 100% right and he has my backing. From what I see he separates Duffy from McGregor as well so Duffy should be the one with the lengthy ban and so should his player. Shocking behaviour from a club I hope wither back down to where they belong. Pace and fitness is all they have, no skill. Prefer Falkirk or Dundee United to come up if any.

Would prefer Dundee United or the 11th placed Premiership team in the play-off to join us in the Premiership next season. Falkirk and Morton can rot with the garbage.

@hibs.net private member hibsitis's Avatar
    There's not much focus on our performance here. It's hard to believe duff Jimmy didn't orchestrate this and Lennon took the bait. Sets the tone for the next game which won't be about skill which suits them. Also moves analysis away from a really poor Hibs performance which no doubt suits Lennon too. The narrative tonight shouldn't be about injustice it should be about our lack of capability.

Proud of him. Tackle was disgraceful and the boys actions afterwards were ****ing pathetic. Lennon absolutely right to defend his players.

Not often I do but as I left with a minute or so to go before the finish, I missed the drama that unfolded. Heard the boos and Lennon's Green Army chant as I was making my way out the ground. I could only therefore go by what people were saying at the bus stop and what I read on Hibs.net on the bus on the way home.

All the talk about Lennon throwing five punches and being a disgrace appears to be OTT and unfounded looking at the clip on SSN. Seriously couldn't see any punches being thrown. Yes Lennon was on the park getting involved but who can blame him. Having to sit there week after week watching our players getting hacked down by the likes of the Falkirk thugs and now Morton and in the main them getting away with it. It's the officials who should be receiving a lengthy ban for their incompetence. Absolute disgrace what they get away with.

Now watched the Lennon interview and have to say well done for standing up for his players and for confirming that the red card will be appealed. A good passionate interview.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsitis View Post
    There's not much focus on our performance here. It's hard to believe duff Jimmy didn't orchestrate this and Lennon took the bait. Sets the tone for the next game which won't be about skill which suits them. Also moves analysis away from a really poor Hibs performance which no doubt suits Lennon too. The narrative tonight shouldn't be about injustice it should be about our lack of capability.
    No sorry that is wrong. We played badly but a player getting scythed down in the 90+ minute and then the perpetrator feigning a headbutt is more of a talking point. We were pretty inept but to just ignore the last 5 minutes would be false. Need a club who batters home on injustice rather than just take it. We've had Bartley sent off twice this season for nothing and now McGregor...cheating is the focus and getting out of this league through whatever way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Not often I do but as I left with a minute or so to go before the finish, I missed the drama that unfolded. Heard the boos and Lennon's Green Army chant as I was making my way out the ground. I could only therefore go by what people were saying at the bus stop and what I read on Hibs.net on the bus on the way home.

All the talk about Lennon throwing five punches and being a disgrace appears to be OTT and unfounded looking at the clip on SSN. Seriously couldn't see any punches being thrown. Yes Lennon was on the park getting involved but who can blame him. Having to sit there week after week watching our players getting hacked down by the likes of the Falkirk thugs and now Morton and in the main them getting away with it. It's the officials who should be receiving a lengthy ban for their incompetence. Absolute disgrace what they get away with.

Now watched the Lennon interview and have to say well done for standing up for his players and for confirming that the red card will be appealed. A good passionate interview.

Nail on the head. Well said. After tonight, even more delighted Lennon is our manager.

@hibs.net private member hibsitis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    No sorry that is wrong. We played badly but a player getting scythed down in the 90+ minute and then the perpetrator feigning a headbutt is more of a talking point. We were pretty inept but to just ignore the last 5 minutes would be false. Need a club who batters home on injustice rather than just take it. We've had Bartley sent off twice this season for nothing and now McGregor...cheating is the focus and getting out of this league through whatever way possible.
    Really? So the nonsense at the end trumps the awful performance? Jeez.

Left by mutual consent!
    The only complaint I have over this is Lennon didn't manage to kick Duff Jimmy square in the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    Exactly what you want in your manager. Someone that will defend you and have your back when needed.

I did say in another thread that perhaps he needs to cool it a bit but ultimately what else can you do in that situation. You can't argue much with what he says.

P.s. why is it Clyde 1 doing an interview and not Forth?
    All press were there, it's just that the girl from Clyde recorded it on her ipad ;-)

@hibs.net private member
    Would you have taken 10 points clear at this stage of the season before the season started?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    You know what is embarrassing, all these idiots on the match thread saying that lennon is a disgrace and is no hibs manager.

Video evidence proves beyond all doubt that no hibs players or staff acted that badly. Morton players and staff are the ones who should be embarrassed
    Aye one even saying he'll still have a drink with lenny on sat night but will sit here slating him!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by grammyb111 View Post
    All press were there, it's just that the girl from Clyde recorded it on her ipad ;-)
    In that case I'll let it slide... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Would prefer Dundee United or the 11th placed Premiership team in the play-off to join us in the Premiership next season. Falkirk and Morton can rot with the garbage.
    That would be my preference too.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Love the man.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    A little in this case and at this time. We have McGregor banned at the moment until it, surely, gets rescinded so as you can imagine the "nonsense" at the end takes precedence at the moment.

Can I ask if Forster had a broken leg would you still have the same view of the "nonsense" being less important than the awful performance?

First Team Breakthrough
    There is without a doubt a lot of hibs fans that don't seem to take to Neil Lennon and are happy to be jumping on anything. A managers and captains job is to protect your players and in all honesty that is what has happened last night. Neil Lennon has so far won every big game he has had to and yes a win last night would have taking us very close to the league. However a win this weekend and a draw next week would take us closer. He said he would win the league and potentially ugly and so far that looks the case. If we don't win the league I'll be the first man to start a Lennon out post :)

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    Yet there's folk on other threads saying he's out of order and shouldn't be anywhere near the club. There either at the wind and fishing or are completely out if touch with the reasons this club is where it's at. You want heart, fight and passion? Well there it is.
    I wasn't at the game and didn't see the incident. But I have since spoken with my dad and a mate who are both pro Lennon. They thought Lennon's behaviour was an embarrassment to the club and completely over the top reaction.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    I wasn't at the game and didn't see the incident. But I have since spoken with my dad and a mate who are both pro Lennon. They thought Lennon's behaviour was an embarrassment to the club and completely over the top reaction.
    Your old man and his mate might review their assessment after looking at the very clear SSN footage.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Why not view it first, not as if there's no highlights of it... a lot of people were quick to chastise Lennon before they seen it again and ended up looking pretty foolish.

He reacted in a manner I'd suggest the majority would if being asked for a square go in the aftermath of an assault on a team/clubmate.

Great interview

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    We are all Neil Lennon
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    We are all Neil Lennon
    This. Sooner we're out this league the better
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

It's not the first time he's reacted like this. He obviously has a mental problem and wants counselling although I can't believe he hasn't been down that road already.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    It's not the first time he's reacted like this. He obviously has a mental problem and wants counselling although I can't believe he hasn't been down that road already.
    You are oblivious to the fact he has depression and has been down this road many times but offset it against stating he clearly has problems? I'd say that's hardly a sound working knowledge of the man that qualifies you to make such a statement.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

We are all Neil Lennon
    At last a Hibs manager that won't take any crap from anyone. How long have we all been waiting to see that?

You are oblivious to the fact he has depression and has been down this road many times but offset it against stating he clearly has problems? I'd say that's hardly a sound working knowledge of the man that qualifies you to make such a statement.
    But it's ok for you to call out a player for having injuries 'in their head' on another thread?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Reaction being the key word. He instigated nothing and his reaction is understandable.

If you look at the facts what went on in the initial part of this was not that unusual an awful tackle when the game was almost over, a reaction because of where it happened ..but nothing to different from what has been seen all over the football world ..what kicks it off is when Duffy appears in the Hibs technical area and is straight into Lennon's face, if he had stayed where he should have been it would not have kicked off the way it did..the Morton player Forbes I think who came back a few times wanting to get towards Lennon needs retrospective action. With regards to McGregor sending of the animal commits an awful tackle 2 players square up, as happens frequently with the 90% outcome 2 yellows ..there player cheats by feigning head butt, TV footage shows no headbutt .. Outcome should have been straight red for the tackle and if ref bottled that which was a possibility given his lenient handling of the game a second yellow for the numpty and at worst yellow for Daz for squaring up to him ..equals a second yellow and red for the animal..
    Whatever has gone on Lennon was absolutely irate and he may have a reputation but something has been said by Duffy and Hus clan which provoked that level of response,...
    Warchi g it unfold no one else on Hibs bench reacted over the odds, but it looks like the majority if the Morton bench came over aggressively to the Hibs technical area and got involved, I note a grey haired guy from their bench ..trying to get at Lennon when the bottle merchant Duffy had been ushered away a couple of yards .. If their behaviour us not looked at more seriously than ours then bias theory will add more fuel to the fire !!!
    Game there needs,a top grade referee for it cos they will come out very aggressively to try and make it a physical battle to wind us up and with the p&as poor leniency watched in recent weeks, it has the signs of being another refereeing farce ....
    Last edited by eastcoasthibby; 30-03-2017 at 07:05 AM.