hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Would you have taken 4 points from the last two games if offered that beforehand?

Based on our overall form this season it was probably too much to expect maximum points from the last two games so I would probably have taken 4 if offered. With games fast running out we'll surely get over the line and while we're clearly not going to do it in imperious fashion the bottom line is getting out of this league. At this stage of the season a workmanlike title win will suffice.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yes. Absolutely. Especially if you'd offered Morton losing a game in that period.

I'd have bitten your hands off for it. Given how we have played for much of this season, and the majority of the last 2 games, I'll take any points we can get.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I'd take 4 from our next two as well

We're gonna win this league. Because all the other teams have dropped points in games they should have won. And that's it.
    We've been dire in many games this season and tonight was another. We should be taking full points at home in front of a packed ER. Always.

Yes

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Yes, only if you said Morton would lose to Dunfermline.

The positive spin on it is that over the two games we've bagged three points more than Morton and there's now two games less to play. I can almost see the finishing line.

Tonight was probably one of our worst performances of the season and although a win would have been great, a draw is certainly not a disaster.

Probably. It's the two points dropped at home to Dumbarton that was unacceptable.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    In our last two games we've gained 3 points on Morton, 4 on Falkirk and 1 on Utd.

More than happy with that. If we're going to throw the league away we're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd have bitten your hands off for it. Given how we have played for much of this season, and the majority of the last 2 games, I'll take any points we can get.
    Right settle doon, only 3 times this season have we failed to pick up any points from a game

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Right settle doon, only 3 times this season have we failed to pick up any points from a game
    We've picked up a lot of 1 points though, including at home.

2 home games and 4 points is a better return than I was expecting tbh, I thought based on our current form we might end up with only 2. Given how other results panned out that probably would have been ok as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    We're gonna win this league. Because all the other teams have dropped points in games they should have won. And that's it.
    We've been dire in many games this season and tonight was another. We should be taking full points at home in front of a packed ER. Always.
    Easter Road was far from packed and we have no right to beat anyone. We are the best team and we are top, nothing else matters this season.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Easter Road was far from packed and we have no right to beat anyone. We are the best team and we are top, nothing else matters this season.
    So the Scottish Cup doesn't matter,ridiculous statement.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    In our last two games we've gained 3 points on Morton, 4 on Falkirk and 1 on Utd.

More than happy with that. If we're going to throw the league away we're doing it wrong.
    This is a good sense of perspective. It wouldn't be the Hibs way to Skoosh it. Also we've "consumed" two games in the process.

As a fan base we have to go through the wringer.

To quote the Tank Corps motto from World War One.

'From mud, through blood to the green fields beyond'.

J

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Definitely would have, said at the start of the season as long as we went up champions I wouldn't mind if it was by one point. This is a horrible league with teams that stop you playing football, which has made our team look worse than we are.

I still confident this team would be top six (at least) in the top division but we've got the summer to get ready for that anyway. As it is we are tip and on course to get promoted without play offs so I'm not complaining.

Yes I would have but I'm not happy about the standard of play. Mind you Falkirk and Morton were rubbish too.

I would certainly have taken a win and a draw against Falkirk and Morton .... what has put a slight dampener on that is failing to get 3 points at home to Dumbarton, that would have looked a really poor result this morning if Dunfermline hadn't ended Morton's terrific home run of form last Saturday .... if we had beaten Dumbarton we would practically be out of sight now.

Dunfermline were terrific last time out at Easter Road and have since beaten Morton away .... Saturday is far from a 'gimmie' and it wont help if their pitch is still as bad as it looked in their Scottish cup tie against Hamilton.

Our biggest advantage is that in this league there doesn't appear to be any game you can definitely predict as a banker .... in the last few weeks the teams finding form have been those in the bottom half with St Mirren, Ayr Utd, Dumbarton and Dunfermline all picking up points ...... just look at the league table, the team bottom of the league has only lost 14 of 29 games and Hibs are the only team who have won over half our fixtures .... practically every team from top to bottom has drawn a third of their fixtures.

This is a tough league and tough leagues tend to be won by teams with the best defensive records ...... its the very fact that though we have perhaps drawn too many games we are extremely difficult to beat that is going to win us this league .... between them the clubs who are our biggest challengers have managed one win against Hibs in a total so far of eleven attempts.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Yes. But possible one from the Falkirk game and three from Morton.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    So the Scottish Cup doesn't matter,ridiculous statement.
    Compared to promotion it takes second fiddle. Playing brilliant football is also far down the list of priorities. Promotion is all that matters.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I would certainly have taken a win and a draw against Falkirk and Morton .... what has put a slight dampener on that is failing to get 3 points at home to Dumbarton, that would have looked a really poor result this morning if Dunfermline hadn't ended Morton's terrific home run of form last Saturday .... if we had beaten Dumbarton we would practically be out of sight now.

Dunfermline were terrific last time out at Easter Road and have since beaten Morton away .... Saturday is far from a 'gimmie' and it wont help if their pitch is still as bad as it looked in their Scottish cup tie against Hamilton.

Our biggest advantage is that in this league there doesn't appear to be any game you can definitely predict as a banker .... in the last few weeks the teams finding form have been those in the bottom half with St Mirren, Ayr Utd, Dumbarton and Dunfermline all picking up points ...... just look at the league table, the team bottom of the league has only lost 14 of 29 games and Hibs are the only team who have won over half our fixtures .... practically every team from top to bottom has drawn a third of their fixtures.

This is a tough league and tough leagues tend to be won by teams with the best defensive records ...... its the very fact that though we have perhaps drawn too many games we are extremely difficult to beat that is going to win us this league .... between them the clubs who are our biggest challengers have managed one win against Hibs in a total so far of eleven attempts.

Yes. I know we're by no means playing lovely football however even last night we were unlucky. Mcginn hit the post after 30 seconds, Cummings went close, mcgregor brought a great save from the keeper and holt missed narrowly straight after. Throw in grahams chances in the second half and we could've been looking at a very different result. Despite the draw we're 10 points clear and quite frankly I don't care about next season until there's a C sitting beside our name on the table, we may not play beautiful football like we did on occasion under Stubbs however reality check we finished 3rd last season and didn't even reach the play off final in either season. I'm pretty sure if we got told at the start of the season the football won't be great but with 6 games to play we would be 10 points clear albeit Morton have a game in hand, throw in a Scottish cup semi final we all would've settled for that.

Over those two matches things have moved from a position when the title was in the hands of Morton. If they won their remaining nine matches (two against Hibs) then would be champions regardless of what Hibs did.

Now they are in a situation that even if they win their seven remaining matches, Hibs can afford to lose two and still be champions.

The the teams below Hibs are dropping points. Falkirk were on a great run and lost two matches (Morton and Hibs), Morton dropped four points from their last six, Dundee United have been in freefall.

Yes four points from those two matches will do fine.

In this league I wouldn't have taken nine. One must have standards. But to be fair we've probably taken out the last of our two rivals by this sequence of results, though it's hardly been impressive.