hibs.net Messageboard

Hopefully no more parked buses!

Watching Hibs is very frustrating. Fact. But watching hibs in the championship where teams literally have 10-11 men behind the ball is incredibly frustrating.

If/When we get out this league I am confident we will actually play a lot better in the premiership. Teams like Aberdeen, Hearts, Rangers and even teams like St Johnstone will be more open and that's when we will play our best football. It is so so so infuriating trying to watch us go out and play games against teams who park the bus and we struggle to break them down.

I think Lennon will really getting us winning a lot of games if we get to premiership next season (Dont want to tempt fate). I just can't wait to get out of this league and watch us play some good football and hopefully watch more enjoyable games!

GGTTH

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching Hibs is very frustrating. Fact. But watching hibs in the championship where teams literally have 10-11 men behind the ball is incredibly frustrating.

If/When we get out this league I am confident we will actually play a lot better in the premiership. Teams like Aberdeen, Hearts, Rangers and even teams like St Johnstone will be more open and that's when we will play our best football. It is so so so infuriating trying to watch us go out and play games against teams who park the bus and we struggle to break them down.

I think Lennon will really getting us winning a lot of games if we get to premiership next season (Dont want to tempt fate). I just can't wait to get out of this league and watch us play some good football and hopefully watch more enjoyable games!

GGTTH

Morton didn't park the bus tonight; they went 4-4-2 and tried to attack. We had plenty of chances but the final delivery was garbage (Keatings and Boyle) and the finishing woeful (Holt, Cummings, Graham).

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Morton didn't park the bus tonight; they went 4-4-2 and tried to attack. We had plenty of chances but the final delivery was garbage (Keatings and Boyle) and the finishing woeful (Holt, Cummings, Graham).
    They were 4-4-2 behind the ball.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post

GGTTH

Were you at the game? Morton came and had a go at us. We pegged them back in the 2nd half but never looked like scoring.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Were you at the game? Morton came and had a go at us. We pegged them back in the 2nd half but never looked like scoring.
    Exactly.
    We have had 3 seasons of most teams parking the bus and still can't suss it out how to break them down

If people think when we go up to the premier league all of sudden we are going to get heaps of room and guys like Holt/Keatings etc are going to start scoring alot more they will be in for a shock.

Imo a good 6/7 teams in that league will sit in and hit us on the counter, every team knows that's the best way to get a result against us

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    If people think when we go up to the premier league all of sudden we are going to get heaps of room and guys like Holt/Keatings etc are going to start scoring alot more they will be in for a shock.

Imo a good 6/7 teams in that league will sit in and hit us on the counter, every team knows that's the best way to get a result against us
    Exactly.

Your bottom 6 types like Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Ross County etc will all come to ER and play exactly the same way Championship teams have. Hopefully we sign a player or 2 capable of the bit guile it takes to break down teams like that on the summer.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Personally i think this is a myth.St mirren didn't park the bus and absolutely pumped us.
    We were 2 up against dunfermline,they had a go and in all honesty should have pumped us.
    The crux of the matter is we're not as good as we think we are and the football we're playing,with the odd exception , is pi**.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Exactly.

Your bottom 6 types like Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Ross County etc will all come to ER and play exactly the same way Championship teams have. Hopefully we sign a player or 2 capable of the bit guile it takes to break down teams like that on the summer.
    Indeed. People have short memories, The SPL is a slightly better standard of war of attrition.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    Personally i think this is a myth.St mirren didn't park the bus and absolutely pumped us.
    We were 2 up against dunfermline,they had a go and in all honesty should have pumped us.
    The crux of the matter is we're not as good as we think we are and the football we're playing,with the odd exception , is pi**.
    I think that's about right. As for tonight, then Morton most certainly did not "park the bus" and over the piece played better football than we did. A minute of madness took the gloss of what was a competent performance. It was another very disappointing performance from us tonight, simply not good enough.

Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone outside of Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen will quite happily go to ER looking for a point, we've made it completely clear how to get it in the last 3 seasons.

Ross County sat back in the League Cup final, soaked up the pressure, and caught us with a last minute suckered punch.

It's crucial over the summer we get players in that can breakdown this sort of game plan and someone who puts the ball in the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    They were 4-4-2 behind the ball.
    The played round us all night in midfield... nothing final third....but they weren't behind the ball by any means.

@hibs.net private member
    Sorry to the OP but we need to shake this mentality, it's frankly crazy to think playing against better teams will benefit us!

Based on that logic I look forward to us giving Barcelona a pasting soon!

Jokes aside, if part time sides can figure us out and frustrate us, what's stopping teams with the better players doing the same but more effectively?

I agree we've may find a few teams in the SPL will come at us and therefore leave gaps defensively but we still really struggle to score goals and playing better defenders and keepers won't help that.

We have a great core of players and a good manager but we need to invest in 2-3 attack minded players in the summer. Maybe even more depending on who leaves.