hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holt

If he'd stop wrestling with the defenders and concentrate on just trying win the ball and play football, also I wish he'd stop going away out to the left wing, he's an overweight slow striker who can't score, stop trying to be some mobile advanced forward trying to create chances for others.

A big disappointment again and Graham isn't any better.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Holt did no less tonight than Cummings did, the problem tonight was the lack of support and opportunities fed to the strikers and the lack of shape and ideas within the midfield.

The fact these were issues and Lennon persisted with the same shape is what should be criticised tonight, as opposed to individual performances.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He's a striker who doesn't score. Problem is we don't have anyone that's much better.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neither Holt nor Graham should be with us next season. I think both try there best and you could argue Graham hasn't been given enough starts to impress but it's vital we have a better partner for Jason next year
    Agree both holt and graham are terrible

Holt gets a game because he is the fighter and physical threat that was 'missing' from too many previous Hibs line-ups. We deserved our 'soft touch' reputation.
    I'm convinced that a lot of the draws we have suffered this season would have ended in defeats previously if not for the presence and impact of Holt.
    Holt doesn't score enough, true, but his contribution can't be underestimated as we approach the finishing line 10 points clear of our closest rival.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 29-03-2017 at 10:44 PM.

What did we create when he went off?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post
    Holt did no less tonight than Cummings did, the problem tonight was the lack of support and opportunities fed to the strikers and the lack of shape and ideas within the midfield.

The fact these were issues and Lennon persisted with the same shape is what should be criticised tonight, as opposed to individual performances.

exactly a double substitution...with FOUR minutes to go, as for individual performances, well done McGregor and Ambrose..that is all

oh aye, what the heck was going on with Dylan stripped and ready to come on, only to get the tracksuit back on...then back off again a few mins later
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 29-03-2017 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Called a fat basturd regularly
    Booed
    Mocked when he did win a header

Some very classy hibs fans at our games. Sometimes watching on its like fans were WANTING him to fail and actually itching to say something before he even touched the ball.

Contributed as much as Keatings/Cummings and Mcginn (other than his shot in the first minute) tonight. Seems he's the target for the fans itching to have a go. Boyle beat his man umpteen times but almost every ball in was shocking. Maybe if wingers reached their man with crosses we'd utilise him more.

Last season (and the season before) fans wanted a man that held the ball up, won free kicks and was a nuisance to centre half's. Holt isn't the most technically gifted nor the most agile but I always feel we play better with him in the team

Bit is bold was embarrassing. Who needs enemies
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    exactly a double substitution...with FOUR minutes to go, as for individual performances, well done McGregor and Ambrose..that is all

oh aye, what the heck was going on with Dylan stripped and ready to come on, only to get the tracksuit back on...then back off again a few mins later
    I thought louis had a good game. I thought we started well and was an entertain first half an hour, then we started to fade a bit. Second half started poorly (we usually concede at this point) and when the game was crying out for McGeough to be introduced we didn't make any changes, eventually swapping Holt for Graham rather than a tactical switch. We didn't seen to have a Plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post

Bit is bold was embarrassing. Who needs enemies
    That was the final straw for me. Had a few arguments on the back off it because I wasn't having that.

Probably not worth the hassle mind you but it really riles me

@hibs.net private member
    I think he did ok tonight apart from the first 20 minutes where he was very poor. I think he has been poor for about 2/3 of the games this season but has got worse lately. He is not alone in that. What annoys me most is where he plays and the complete lack of desire to get in the box. It frustrates me because when he is in the box he does get involved and frequently get on the end of a ball. He could easily have scored twice tonight. Unfortunately his finishing has been appalling this year too. In short he looked unfit when he arrived and has got progressively less mobile as the year has worn on. I hope we can do much better next year than Holt and Graham for that matter.

Holt has been dreadful the last 2 games and I like the big guy...anybody who says differently is surely at it. However how bad was keatings, Mcginn and Cummings tonight- why the hell does Keatings over hit so many corners and free kicks...does my box in it really does!! Neck on line tin hat on but we missed Shinnie tonight...he is our most creative midfielder...maybe except Dylan when fit

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Holt has been dreadful the last 2 games and I like the big guy...anybody who says differently is surely at it. However how bad was keatings, Mcginn and Cummings tonight- why the hell does Keatings over hit so many corners and free kicks...does my box in it really does!! Neck on line tin hat on but we missed Shinnie tonight...he is our most creative midfielder...maybe except Dylan when fit

Actually don't think Cummings did much wrong tonight generally didn't waste possession and some decent balls in the box. Didn't look like scoring mind I blame those around him for lack of creativity

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Actually don't think Cummings did much wrong tonight generally didn't waste possession and some decent balls in the box. Didn't look like scoring mind I blame those around him for lack of creativity
    I think he has been a bit off the boil last 2 games and when he doesn't score we struggle mate...nobody else steps up to the plate

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    I think he has been a bit off the boil last 2 games and when he doesn't score we struggle mate...nobody else steps up to the plate

Yeah agree that when he's not at it we don't look dangerous. Thinking back when we had commons and Humphreys providing some final product Jason generally tucks them away. I get the sense he gets frustrated at lack of service so goes looking for the ball and finds himself in areas of the pitch you don't want your main striker, out wide crossing in as an example we want him on the end of the crosses if that makes sense.
    Last edited by SMAXXA; 29-03-2017 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Yeah agree they when he's not at it we don't look dangerous. Thinking back when we had commons and Humphreys providing some final product Jason he really tucks them away. I get the sense he gets frustrated at lack of service so goes looking for the ball and finds himself in areas of the pitch you don't want your main striker, out wide crossing in as an example we want him on the end of the crosses if that makes sense.
    Bang on mate I think we have really missed Commons and Humphrey...no idea what's going on with his injury??

I really like Holt as a player. Very intelligent player. However, having said that, think he need dropped for a few games as he appears leg weary and tired. if I am being honest, been like that since the hertz game at e/r. Needs a wee rest I think. Play Keats as an out & out striker with Dylan as the "number 10" role.

Holt prefers to make space and take the ball down instead of flicking headers on but it's not been working. Maybe he needs a rest.

However, he won just about all his headers when he decided to start jumping in the second half. He has it in him and it's not as if he can't do it...he just chooses not to :-D

He was very poor tonight.

Holt has been hopeless all season. 3 goals in the Scottish Championship in March? This amazing work that only the Hibs.net intelligentsia can see is like the unseen work of Brian Kerr. It doesn't exist.
    He doesn't score goals. He doesn't create goals. We don't score more goals when he's in the team. All of this is fact.
    We will win this league despite Grant Holt.
    Thankfully he won't be here next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been consistent all season with my views. He is awful, past it, over it. Get rid.
    But I remember folk on here rated James Collins.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Firmly in the Graham must start the next game camp.

The guy wins flick ons, runs the channels, and offers more of a penalty box threat than shot shy Holt.

I can't see how anyone can judge him as "murder" or "terrible" considering he gets 10 mins max at the end of each game.

Also, Holt needs a rest. We could do with him sharp and fired up for Aberdeen as he looks not too bad when he can be bothered (derbies mostly)

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    I've been consistent all season with my views. He is awful, past it, over it. Get rid.
    But I remember folk on here rated James Collins.
    I sometimes wonder how many goals Collins would have scored in the Championship then quickly make myself forget all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I sometimes wonder how many goals Collins would have scored in the Championship then quickly make myself forget all about it.
    I'm pretty sure Collins got 6 goals in the relegation season playing in a tougher league with a much worse team. I don't see Holt being able to match him. And Holt has had more game time.

People treated tonight as let's moan at Holt night. Was slated everytime he made a mistake but players like Cummings and Mcginn who should be shining even more in these games get off with it. Not saying he played well but neither did Mcginn or Jason

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alihibs1 View Post
    People treated tonight as let's moan at Holt night. Was slated everytime he made a mistake but players like Cummings and Mcginn who should be shining even more in these games get off with it. Not saying he played well but neither did Mcginn or Jason

McGinn and Cummings normally play well though. They have credit in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    McGinn and Cummings normally play well though. They have credit in the bank.

Holt normally plays well, had credit in the bank and was nothing like as bad last night as some people are making out.

If he'd stop all the wrestling nonsense with the defenders and actually concentrate in just winning the headers etc, when he did this he won quite a few and that's when the sarcastic cheering started. He's been poor most of this season, over the hill and a shadow of the player he was.

It was quite noticeable that a lot of the crowd wasn't particularly happy with him last night. Doesn't surprise me given how ineffective we are in the final third as a team and how even more ineffective he is as an individual when it comes threatening the goals.

Not in to the ironic cheering, that's not right. But it would seem a fair number of people in the crowd don't see what he's adding to the team at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Holt normally plays well, had credit in the bank and was nothing like as bad last night as some people are making out.
    Has credit in the bank with some people. I think the reaction of the crowd last night would suggest that's not the majority though.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 30-03-2017 at 07:38 AM.