65 minutes on th park an contributed hee-haw

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could somebody please tell me how this guy gets a game. :-(

As opposed to who?

He's awful and shouldn't get near the team going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    As opposed to who?
    Graham

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Graham
    We were a better team when Holt was on the pitch.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

To battle with their defenders but too often he gets too caught up with that rather than challenge for the ball. In fairness more often than not he has been getting fouled in games and gets nothing so I get the feeling he is wanting to throw himself about rather than play. Should focus on the football.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This. He may not be the greatest option but bloody hell hes better than Brian Graham!

Absolute nonsense but crack on.

I said the same at the wkend they are both not good enough holt and graham but we are stuck with them.

Holt was very poor tonight

Left by mutual consent!
    Graham
    Graham wasn't on for the first 65 mins though which was what he was talking about. Holt like the rest of them blows hot and cold but I think him and Cummings are our best 2. I think the problem tonight was the way the team was set up.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    didn't score any goals with either on the pitch tbf

@hibs.net private member
    Neither Holt nor Graham should be with us next season. I think both try there best and you could argue Graham hasn't been given enough starts to impress but it's vital we have a better partner for Jason next year

Disagree. I am a big Holt fan as I used to watch him at Norwich and he was a very good player in the premier league, obviously I know he's no where near the level he was, but he still gets about and bullies defenders and helps Cummings an awful lot.

He hasn't scored a lot of goals for us and at the end of the day that's what you want your strikers to do, but I don't think Cummings would be on nearly as many as he is this season if he had Graham next to him instead. If you watch Holt for ten minutes you realise how much of the dirty work he does off the ball. I can understand how he frustrates some fans though.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Called a fat basturd regularly
    Booed
    Mocked when he did win a header

Some very classy hibs fans at our games. Sometimes watching on its like fans were WANTING him to fail and actually itching to say something before he even touched the ball.

Contributed as much as Keatings/Cummings and Mcginn (other than his shot in the first minute) tonight. Seems he's the target for the fans itching to have a go. Boyle beat his man umpteen times but almost every ball in was shocking. Maybe if wingers reached their man with crosses we'd utilise him more.

Last season (and the season before) fans wanted a man that held the ball up, won free kicks and was a nuisance to centre half's. Holt isn't the most technically gifted nor the most agile but I always feel we play better with him in the team
    Last edited by GreenNWhiteArmy; 29-03-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Left by mutual consent!

Keatings? Cummings? Boyle?

McGinn? Bartley?

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Booed

Some very classy hibs fans at our games. Sometimes watching on its like fans were WANTING him to fail and actually itching to say something before he even touched the ball.

Contributed as much as Keatings/Cummings and Mcginn (other than his shot in the first minute) tonight. Seems he's the target for the fans itching to have a go. Boyle beat his man umpteen times bur almost every ball in was shocking. Maybe I'd wingers reached their man with crosses we'd utilise him more.

Last season (and the season before) fans wanted a man that held the ball up, won free kicks and was a nuisance to centre half's. Holt isn't the most technically gifted nor the most agile but I always feel we play better with him in the team
    Well said!

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought Holt looked leg weary and jaded the whole game. Needs rested and Graham deserves a chance.

Booed

Contributed as much as Keatings/Cummings and Mcginn (other than his shot in the first minute) tonight. Seems he's the target for the fans itching to have a go. Boyle beat his man umpteen times but almost every ball in was shocking. Maybe if wingers reached their man with crosses we'd utilise him more.

This! Very true. It annoys me hearing some of the support (especially at the top of Sect 43 in East tonight) moaning at him for every minor mistake. Too many fans go to football games and know nothing about football

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    I thought Holt looked leg weary and jaded the whole game. Needs rested and Graham deserves a chance.
    Probably true, but was in the FF tonight & there were a fair number of fans on him from the start & quite frankly the whole team was rank.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    That must have been a helluva bad pint of Guinness after the hearts game cos he's done bugger all since.

Holt made a few bad decisions in the first half when he tried to wrestle with his man instead of jumping to win the header and he was crucified for it. He also underhit a pass to Keatings early in the second half.

Other than that he had a few nice touches and flicks towards the start of the game and towards the end of the half (when he started to jump and challenge for the ball) he got a lot better.

I thought he had a good 20 minutes at the start of the second half, keeping possession under pressure, playing a good ball over the top to Cummings and killing a ball nicely under pressure as it dropped out the sky to help keep possession.

I thought we looked far worse when he went off, as we do just about every time we do when he's not on the pitch.

I thought we looked pretty inept overall in the final third tonight, as we have done far too often and we've struggled for goals for a long time. As regards next season I think I'd keep all the defenders, the goalkeepers, Fyvie, McGinn, Bartley and McGeouch. TBH I don't know if I would be particularly devastated if we got rid of every other attacking player. If we got a few quid for Cummings then we'd have a bit of a budget for new forwards and wide players. I'm sick of seeing Boyle beat his man all ends up and just know that we're not going to score from him being in a very dangerous position. I'm sick of us failing to get heads on crosses and I'm sick of us pondering on the ball 40 yards out with no idea how to break down a defence. Better teams than the ones in our league will come to Easter Road and park the bus next season and we need to have some better answers to that.

was noticeable last Saturday that Holt was a bit weary. added to that, and also tonight , a lot of long balls punted up to his area and he was just not getting many of them. Graham should have started last week and tonight. Holt could then do a 20 minute shift if reqd.

Iv never rated him, he has his better games but it's the championship, we need a striker to score more than 4 goals by the end of march.

Sometimes when the opponents are pinned back he is good at dropping deep, holding it up and playing it wide. That's not enough imo.

I wish he would stop trying to shout how tough he is or thinks he is and focus on the game.

Fwiw I though Graham looked good tonight when he came on and it's unlike me to praise him.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    was noticeable last Saturday that Holt was a bit weary. added to that, and also tonight , a lot of long balls punted up to his area and he was just not getting many of them. Graham should have started last week and tonight. Holt could then do a 20 minute shift if reqd.
    how about putting Efe up front with Jason. Silky soccer skills combined with aerial threat..............

how about putting Efe up front with Jason. Silky soccer skills combined with aerial threat..............
    It's not as mental as it sounds.

I've even wondered about sticking Forster up there. He'd win flicks and he attacks the ball brilliantly at set pieces so I could see him getting on more crosses than any other player we have.

I actually think Ambrose looks like he's playing within himself a bit, I think he's lost a bit of confidence at Celtic and it has affected him. He looks great when he strides forward but when he gets to a certain position he seems to hold back a bit. I'd like him to just run at teams from deep. With Bartley in the team we should be able to re-shuffle and get a defensive shape back if he loses the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It's not as mental as it sounds.

I've even wondered about sticking Forster up there. He'd win flicks and he attacks the ball brilliantly at set pieces so I could see him getting on more crosses than any other player we have.

I actually think Ambrose looks like he's playing within himself a bit, I think he's lost a bit of confidence at Celtic and it has affected him. He looks great when he strides forward but when he gets to a certain position he seems to hold back a bit. I'd like him to just run at teams from deep. With Bartley in the team we should be able to re-shuffle and get a defensive shape back if he loses the ball.
    Mental? Its brilliant dont you know

He's been absolutely terrible recently, summed it up for me when he under hit a 6/7 yard pass to Keatings then had the cheek to give Keatings a dirty look.
    He's simply not good enough and will need replacing in the summer if we want to compete in the premiership

Booed

Well said mate. Totally baffles me when fans (not just ours) abuse their own players with insults.

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Well said mate. Totally baffles me when fans (not just ours) abuse their own players with insults.
    he got some applause tonight, from me and others around me for a couple of good moves he was involved in, but, that does not hide the fact that he is leg weary and getting near the end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    he got some applause tonight, from me and others around me for a couple of good moves he was involved in, but, that does not hide the fact that he is leg weary and getting near the end of his career.
    It's the personal insults that really annoy me. Heard tonight "get that useless fat b*****d to ******." There's just no need in that at all, disgraceful.