hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Joke of a red

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How has the ref fell for that? The boy that committed the assault and dived should be ashamed.
    assault is actually against the law. was Jonny Law involved at any point. could not see from the East,what was going on in amongst the brawl

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Bit rich telling players to calm down then going totally radge yourself. Totally classless imo.
    Says the man with an avatar promoting violent behavior

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Bit rich telling players to calm down then going totally radge yourself. Totally classless imo.
    Nonsense.

Classless is wading over from your own dugout to have a go at the other manager who is rightly outraged at a terrible challenge.

You have no idea what Duffy said to spark the reaction and I'd rather have a manager who will stand his ground and fight his corner against fuds like Duffy instigating that kind of crap than a welt like Cathro who'd **** his pants.

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    What an absolute disgrace. The fact the referee is standing between their boy and McG and he still gives a red is unbelievable. Lennon did lose the plot a bit but 100% Duffy started the whole fracas. **** this ****** league and the ****** teams in it. Can't wait to go up.

@hibs.net private member
    If you watch the sky sports news coverage closely I think you will find that the ref himself was the last man to touch the player before went down holding his face.... disgraceful 😂

In all seriousness though, shocking performances from the officials, totally lost the game, not the first time this season. How are teams expected to play the game if the opposing teams just want to draw out reactive behaviour and ruin the actual sporting side to the game, refs are supposed to be in control of this but time and time again we face unprofessional behaviour from both opposition and officials

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    Hahaha - Marv ends up carrying away half their dugout! Outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Thanks for posting that link. Great to see a Hibs manager passionate about our team and it's clear he's no pushover! The outrageous tackle followed by a cowardly fake injury from a non existent head butt is the real issue here. No wonder Neil Lennon was raging. He is clearly passionate about Hibs. Good man - he deserves our total support.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Is it just me but was he about to give the player a booking for that tackle before the ruckus? It looked like it...confirms the nonsense of Scottish football. It seems the logic is "can I send a Hibs player off as well?" If answer no, book player. If answer yes, red card both of them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dannym180...06452968206336

Here is that tackle and the 'headbutt' also shows Duffy running over to Lennon and as Lennon described "asking for a square go"

Surely that red card will be rescinded

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Are people seriously criticizing Lennon for this? Hibs player gets lmost halved in two (anyone seen the Seamus Coleman injury?) and Lennon protects his player and by extension his club (our club).

Have a word. I'm actually not a massive Lennon fan but he has got this spot on. How else can you deal with this pish?

Bite your tongue and nothing happens and we/he looks weak. I'm sick of these bampots coming to Easter Road and thinking they can get away with this ****.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Is it just me but was he about to give the player a booking for that tackle before the ruckus? It looked like it...confirms the nonsense of Scottish football. It seems the logic is "can I send a Hibs player off as well?" If answer no, book player. If answer yes, red card both of them.
    Yep was going in to his pocket for a yellow....Red card was in his top pocket

I hope Jordon Forster has not suffered a serious injury. The lad is not that long back after being out for a while with a bad injury.

Where is the justice if Oyenuga gets the same punishment as Darren McGregor? Oyenuga knew straight away he was going to get sent off so he feigned injury to get McGegor sent off too. Cheating b******.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the clown watched morton players foul(and a few wee words with a couple of them) then straight in to the pocket to book Bartley with his first foul

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I hope Jordon Forster has not suffered a serious injury. The lad is not that long back after being out for a while with a bad injury.

Where is the justice if Oyenuga gets the same punishment as Darren McGregor? Oyenuga knew straight away he was going to get sent off so he feigned injury to get McGegor sent off too. Cheating b******.
    He wasn't though, incompetent ref was going to book him. Took the riot and the opportunity to red card McGregor to send the original "tackler" off. Good referees here, eh?

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not even comparable...telling players to slow the game down and not to rush everything is the same as losing the head at a disgraceful tackle followed by a shocking degree of play acting by a grown man?...what world do you live in? Name another manager who would not be raging at a tackle then play acting like that in the 90+ minute...the game was virtually over so why did Morton player lunge in and then pretend like he had been shot? Stop blaming our manager and look at the cheats ffs. Duffy was grabbing at McGregor and over at Lennon's technical area as well. How the hell is Lennon the focus here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    Nonsense.

Classless is wading over from your own dugout to have a go at the other manager who is rightly outraged at a terrible challenge.

You have no idea what Duffy said to spark the reaction and I'd rather have a manager who will stand his ground and fight his corner against fuds like Duffy instigating that kind of crap than a welt like Cathro who'd **** his pants.
    I like a manager to stand up for his team and himself as well but it has to be controlled.

Honestly he was in a foul mood all night. He wasn't just telling players to calm down like someone else suggested. All around me folk were commenting on how he was whinging and moaning at the players, swearing, kicking things at the dugout, banging the dugout and seemed to be sitting sullenly most of the second half. He just didn't seem himself all night. We can all have bad days, right? I just worry for Lenny a wee bit, he kinda looks like a man who thinks the whole world is against him.

He may be justified in being angry at Morton players and staff at the end there but the red mist descended and he just lost it.

Either way, rightly or wrongly, it was the most exciting thing that happened all night and hopefully tv pictures will clear it all up and red cards rescinded.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus hibs View Post
    If only the team had shown the urgency they did during the scrap l, the whole game. Another dissapointing ER perdormance
    Totally agree m8

Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    Hahaha - Marv ends up carrying away half their dugout! Outstanding!
    Just noticed that - like a wheelbarrow

He wasn't though, incompetent ref was going to book him. Took the riot and the opportunity to red card McGregor to send the original "tackler" off. Good referees here, eh?
    Sorry, just to be clear, are you saying the referee was only going to give the Morton player (Oyenuga) a yellow card? I'm not sure how you would know that for a fact.

I'm not defending the referee or his assistant by the way. From what I've heard, it was on the say so of the assistant that he sent off McGregor. I did see Darren remonstrating with the assistant as he went off.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Why did he speak to the linesman before sending off DM? He was standing right next to him during the incident. If he's been sent off for the head but then it should immediately be rescinded on the grounds that he's taken advice from someone with a worse view than his own. It defies belief that he's asked for advice when he was so close to the incident.

United we stand here....

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I like a manager to stand up for his team and himself as well but it has to be controlled.

Honestly he was in a foul mood all night. He wasn't just telling players to calm down like someone else suggested. All around me folk were commenting on how he was whinging and moaning at the players, swearing, kicking things at the dugout, banging the dugout and seemed to be sitting sullenly most of the second half. He just didn't seem himself all night. We can all have bad days, right? I just worry for Lenny a wee bit, he kinda looks like a man who thinks the whole world is against him.

He may be justified in being angry at Morton players and staff at the end there but the red mist descended and he just lost it.

Either way, rightly or wrongly, it was the most exciting thing that happened all night and hopefully tv pictures will clear it all up and red cards rescinded.

His demeanour before the scrap was in keeping with our performance. He wasn't happy and rightfully so, we should be taking it to them more and that tonight was up there in terms of midfield performance. McGinn and Bartley didn't work. I'd have started with 3 in the middle and Cummings upfront with Boyle and Keating's providing support. They passed it around Bartley and McGinn far too easy.

His reaction in the ruckus was no different to Wenger's way back when Arsenal player got a shocker 2 years ago. See the difference people are not looking at is - Wenger didn't have a baldy mad man angrily standing 5 yards away looking for a fight. Wenger didn't watch a referee prepare to book a leg breaking tackle and then watch a player pretend to have been headbutted full force. Lennon is fine, people want to make a big deal of it and pull the focus to him. He suffered the same at Celtic. Why care? You'd think Lennon ran across to Duffys dugout and knocked him out the way people are talking.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Fans complain when players and managers talk in cliches. Here Lennon tells it from his perspective and fans will have a go at him. If duff Jimmy did ask him fir a square go then he should have the book thrown at him. One should remember he was Director of Football at Hearts when Rix was manager and Romanov in charge. They do say you can judge people by the company they keep.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Sorry, just to be clear, are you saying the referee was only going to give the Morton player (Oyenuga) a yellow card? I'm not sure how you would know that for a fact.

I'm not defending the referee or his assistant by the way. From what I've heard, it was on the say so of the assistant that he sent off McGregor. I did see Darren remonstrating with the assistant as he went off.
    He was going into his short pocket for the yellow. Red is in top pocket is it not?

OK so referee is in touching distance of both players involved but he relies on linesman's call for the incident? Come on, does that not scream incompetence? Both for them being wrong and also that a guy can't fully recall/understand what he has seen and witnessed 1 yard in front of him. Pretty sure he is actually touching both players when Oyenuga goes down (shot).

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    No complaints about either Lennon or McGregor's actions. I want to see people sticking up for their team.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Duffy is an arse and the boy who tried to half Jordan is a spineless twat.

He was going into his short pocket for the yellow. Red is in top pocket is it not?

OK so referee is in touching distance of both players involved but he relies on linesman's call for the incident? Come on, does that not scream incompetence? Both for them being wrong and also that a guy can't fully recall/understand what he has seen and witnessed 1 yard in front of him. Pretty sure he is actually touching both players when Oyenuga goes down (shot).
    The bit in bold - that's what you were basing your opinion upon that the referee was only going to give the Morton player a yellow card. I just wasn't sure, and I didn't notice that.

If you're correct, that's incredible. A clearer red card you couldn't imagine.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    The bit in bold - that's what you were basing your opinion upon that the referee was only going to give the Morton player a yellow card. I just wasn't sure, and I didn't notice that.

If you're correct, that's incredible. A clearer red card you couldn't imagine.
    Yes watch the footage when you can, he clearly runs in going into his short pocket. He had no intention of sending the Morton player until the ruckus.

I may be wrong and he might just have chosen to keep both cards in the same pocket for handiness of something but I thought there was an etiquette to these things...

Quote Originally Posted by hibsfan View Post
    This is why Neil Lennon should not be nowhere near this club. We go on about wanting to be a family club yet his behaviour tonight was worthy of criminal charges - a bit like the effort shown by Jason Cummings in recent weeks

Holy ****. This is the worst post I have ever read on here.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    It was never a headbutt, but I thought at the time Darren McGregor was going to get sent off. He did dip his head into the head of the Morton player and with the incompetent officials we have in Scotland there is always the possibility that will result in a red card. Hopefully it will be rescinded, he's been our best player this season in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Rubbish. He lost control of himself complhetely. Poor behaviour for a manager. I sit very close to dugout and he seemed to be in a rage right from the first whistle.

Someone needs to have a quiet word with him.
    "Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man" - Kenny Rogers (Coward Of The County)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wasn't at the game however, let me say, I'm getting really sick to death of being on the wrong side of biased and incompetent refereeing decisions week in, week out. Why are they consistently against us? I'm sure there are reasons - shady ones.
    Last edited by snooky; 30-03-2017 at 12:06 AM.