hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Joke of a red

Quote Originally Posted by hibsfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why Neil Lennon should not be nowhere near this club. We go on about wanting to be a family club yet his behaviour tonight was worthy of criminal charges - a bit like the effort shown by Jason Cummings in recent weeks

2. Log in to remove the advert

Shocking challenge no wonder Lennon went mental, especially when it was on a player whose career has already been blighted by injury. The Morton player should be bloody embarrassed by his actions afterwards as well, a thug and a cheat.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Lennon v Duffy Square go. Easter Road Money spinner. Full house for sure. Could also put the Morton injury feigner v Darren McGregor on the card just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    Hahaha - Marv ends up carrying away half their dugout! Outstanding!
    The big man sorts the whole lot of them out and gives Puffy a decent old shove as well. And what was Lennon meant to do? His captain gets scythed down right in front of him, give a round of applause? Lennon was probably barely a half step on the pitch and old Puffy comes roaring in to have a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Holy ****. This is the worst post I have ever read on here.
    Clearly a roaster.

Quote Originally Posted by jane_says View Post
    What an absolute disgrace. The fact the referee is standing between their boy and McG and he still gives a red is unbelievable. Lennon did lose the plot a bit but 100% Duffy started the whole fracas. **** this ****** league and the ****** teams in it. Can't wait to go up.
    yes ref is right beside darren to see no contact. Darren then does best hold others back. Spineless decesion as was yellow after. Ref and linesmans tonight shocking. I dont believe anti Hibs its just ref standards crap and until held accountable for bad games wont change.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    just seen it again this morning, never a sending off in a million years, the official was about 1 yard away from the boy who went down so surely must have seen there was no contact, that boy from morton must surely get hammered for that, it was cheating plain and simple

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Darren will have the red rescinded. NL will get at least a 3 game ban...and that is deserved. It is never ever acceptable for a manager to get involved like that.
    sorry but you couldnt be more wrong if you tried, any manager in any walk of life should defend his staff, if someone assaulted one of my guys and then i had a manager from another dept come in to my face saying god knows what id be going nuts as well

If there's even a hint of a head gesture from McGregor then the red card will stand as it can be given for intent. The boys theatrics were a disgrace but that's not the point.

Worth appealing though as the beaks might see things differently but I doubt it (probably Huns involved somewhere).

Even if he is suspended we have decent cover at the back now. McLean, Ambrose, Stevenson, Hanlon and Forster should be enough for a few games.

This is why Neil Lennon should not be nowhere near this club. We go on about wanting to be a family club yet his behaviour tonight was worthy of criminal charges - a bit like the effort shown by Jason Cummings in recent weeks
    What team do you support?

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Could McGregor have been red carded for intent but this does not excuse the Morton player crumbling to the ground as though he had been shot

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    yes ref is right beside darren to see no contact. Darren then does best hold others back. Spineless decesion as was yellow after. Ref and linesmans tonight shocking. I dont believe anti Hibs its just ref standards crap and until held accountable for bad games wont change.
    The ref is right there but he's not necessarily looking at the incident. I think it happens to the side of him (peripheral vision stuff) and that's why he's asked the linesman. I don't usually stand up for refs and I'd been giving this one pelted most of the night but I can see why he maybe wanted a 2nd opinion.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Could McGregor have been red carded for intent but this does not excuse the Morton player crumbling to the ground as though he had been shot
    He would have been sent of for "violent conduct" e.g. the ref thought McGregor did indeed headbutt the Morton player, ref can't send him off because he thought McGregor intended to headbutt him.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    He would have been sent of for "violent conduct" e.g. the ref thought McGregor did indeed headbutt the Morton player, ref can't send him off because he thought McGregor intended to headbutt him.
    Like the old story about Steve Heighway.
    He asked the ref if he would be sent off if he called him a ****. The ref said yes.
    Heighway said, "Well what if I just think you're a ****? Could you send me off for that"? The ref said no.
    Heighway says to the ref "Well in that case, I think you're a ****".

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he can. If a player tries to boot an opponent but misses then just because his aim is poor or the opponent takes evasive action doesn't take away from the fact it's violent contact.

That was up there with the hun that got mulgrew sent off for Aberdeen

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    I'm pretty sure he can. If a player tries to boot an opponent but misses then just because his aim is poor or the opponent takes evasive action doesn't take away from the fact it's violent contact.
    There's huge difference. If you take a swing at someone but miss, there was obviously intent.

McGregor never made a head butt movement, therefore any intent is only imagined.

Worst post on the topic to date.

Well done.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    Likewise I was west stand third row and could see it clearly: thing that gets menis the ref was no further than 5 yards away from mcrgregor and the Morton boy. I could see from 25 yards the boy dived better than Tom Daly
    Which is a worrying, if not sinsister, sign for McGregor - how on earth that ref believed that a head-butt had actually happened right in front of him is just unbeleiveable ?

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Excellent point

What happen with Mulgrew and the Rangers player?

Practically a like-for-like incident that could site an example for the appeal

Testimonial Due
    An earlier poster I think got it spot on, there was so much going on around the referee, he took the option of sending someone off from both sides and both managers as they were on the field of play.
    This way its up to the powers that be to make any further action, either to admonish or take more action.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    There's huge difference. If you take a swing at someone but miss, there was obviously intent.

McGregor never made a head butt movement, therefore any intent is only imagined.
    Firstly my point was in response to a post that said he couldn't be sent of if the ref only thought he intended to head but him but hadn't actually hit him. i'e. had missed.

I also think DM does make a forward movement, which in no way makes contact and I seriously doubt the intention was to make contact, but it does allow the ref (linesman) to believe he intended to nut him. Hopefully he gets off with it but I'm not certain he will.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Which is a worrying, if not sinsister, sign for McGregor - how on earth that ref believed that a head-butt had actually happened right in front of him is just unbeleiveable ?
    Yep, linesman 10 yards away tells him, but ref is right beside it and does nothing until linesman tells him, bizarre. Pity the other linesman had not told him keeper had handled outside the box. All stinks imo.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    Yep, linesman 10 yards away tells him, but ref is right beside it and does nothing until linesman tells him, bizarre. Pity the other linesman had not told him keeper had handled outside the box. All stinks imo.

Linesman is no more than 3 or 4 yards away and is there before the cheat has hit the ground. He actually has a better view than the ref who is closer but not looking directly at the incident.

@hibs.net private member
    Did we appeal it? Can he play tomorrow?

If the appeal is rejected presumably he'll miss Morton away?

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Linesman is no more than 3 or 4 yards away and is there before the cheat has hit the ground. He actually has a better view than the ref who is closer but not looking directly at the incident.
    OK then that explains why the ref took his advice before getting it wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco G View Post
    OK then that explains why the ref took his advice before getting it wrong!

Correct!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Not convinced it should have been a red but McGregor shouldn't have went charging in like that and we'd have been a man to the good. It was a bit silly and rash and was never going to gain anything (when does it ever?).

We picked up similarly silly yellows against Falkirk. There was an incident when their player took Shinnie out when he was through into a dangerous position and Boyle ran over and gave him a wee shove. End result = both booked. It happened 2 minutes after Cummings was booked for diving (questionable again). So in that short space of time we'd had 2 silly errors of judgement and they had one terrible tackle that haulted a threatening attack and we had 2 bookings to their one.

We know the refs are rubbish, but let's stop giving them excuses to exercise their rubbishness.
    Mon the Hibs.