hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nick Walsh

Once again an away team at Easter Road chalk up 20 fouls.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The keeper catching the ball outside the box while both his feet were planted outside and the ball was even further outside of it was laughable. Yet again, the easy way out as he would have potentially had to send him off. Instead just pretend it didn't happen and you don't have to make a decision.
    Do you think he would have sent Marciano off if he had done the same?

It's pretty clear to me that Marvin Bartley's card has been marked by Scottish referees.

Foul after foul by various Morton players went totally unpunished, but the first player into the book was Bartley.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    It's pretty clear to me that Marvin Bartley's card has been marked by Scottish referees.

Foul after foul by various Morton players went totally unpunished, but the first player into the book was Bartley.
    I actually thought the Morton player ran across Bartley who accidently tripped him, but maybe he is just a bit cuter at such things than I was!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    The linesmen in Scottish football are clearly instructed not to flag for anything without the referees consent other than offsides. They don't even flag for throw ins until the ref has indicated. If that's the way they want to officiate the game then that's fine, however all wrong decisions then become the refs problem, not his flag bearers who are only there to signal things.
    They dont flag now for fouls or incidents cos they are miked up to the refs ear instead. They still influence his decisions or lack of as we seen twice tonight!

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaz_1875 View Post
    Dont think there was any intention there, just an unfortunate similarity between words
    Just to clarify, I was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I actually thought the Morton player ran across Bartley who accidently tripped him, but maybe he is just a bit cuter at such things than I was!
    Whatever happened, it looked really soft, and to put Bartley in the book for it just seems to stink to high heaven.

I also thought he had a generally decent game until the last 5 minutes.

I didn't see Bartley's booking properly but it looked soft.

The goalkeeper handball was the linesman's call and he let him down badly (as he did several times).

He was duped into thinking McGregor head butted their player and he'll be embarrassed to see it back.

I thought the linesmen were very poor tonight and were more culpable than the referee.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I also thought he had a generally decent game until the last 5 minutes.

I didn't see Bartley's booking properly but it looked soft.

The goalkeeper handball was the linesman's call and he let him down badly (as he did several times).

He was duped into thinking McGregor head butted their player and he'll be embarrassed to see it back.

I thought the linesmen were very poor tonight and were more culpable than the referee.
    Duped?? He was standing between the pair when it happened. The fact he had to ask his linesman shows how utterly inept he is.

and not for the first time this season either

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    The linesmen in Scottish football are clearly instructed not to flag for anything without the referees consent other than offsides. They don't even flag for throw ins until the ref has indicated. If that's the way they want to officiate the game then that's fine, however all wrong decisions then become the refs problem, not his flag bearers who are only there to signal things.
    N'ah, unless something's been briefed out that I've missed that's not the case. Just last week the ref gave a throw in against us but the west stand official gave it to us, the ref then changed his mind as the assistant clearly had the better view.
    Could have been a one off mind!

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    N'ah, unless something's been briefed out that I've missed that's not the case. Just last week the ref gave a throw in against us but the west stand official gave it to us, the ref then changed his mind as the assistant clearly had the better view.
    Could have been a one off mind!
    It's definitely not the norm, I find myself exasperated at nearly every game watching the ref give the wrong decision while the linesman stands there holding onto his flag for dear life looking terrified.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Do you think he would have sent Marciano off if he had done the same?
    The way the red cards have went for us this season? There's a good chance he would have.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Up until the final 5 minutes I didn't think he had a bad game and people are just looking for excuses to deflect away from another shocking performance. Could just be me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Exactly this. The ref actually had a relatively decent game - I didn't see Bartleys yellow incident in first half so not sure about that, but he played good advantages and brought back their players to book them when needed. He correctly sent off the Morton fud, and as you say it was the lino that got McGregor sent off and the lino that should have have flagged when keeper out the box.

Lennon had to go as well for parading about the pitch like that, but it was great to see a Hibs manager with who cares so much
    Agree with the above. People are looking for excuses here. That was one of the better referreeing performances this season imho. - I did miss the pagger at the end tho.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    It wasn't a niggly game at all and for the most part the ref was fine.

No problem with a few decisions not going our way or vice versa, it's part of the game.

The over analysis of refs after every game we drop points is mind numbingly boring and smacks of sour grapes though. They make mistakes in every game in every league in the world, just as all of our players do.

Not worth getting worked up about last nights game that's for sure.

First Team Breakthrough
    Watching these referees who are paid very handsomely for the work that they do take the easy, cowards way out every single ****ing game is ridiculous now. As soon as there boy got sent off, I said McGregor would be sent off. As soon as Lennon was sent off I said Duffy would also get sent off. And you're trying to tell me that in that 30 man stramash that nobody done anything worse than what McGregor done? Or anything else "worthy" of a red card? He didn't have a ****ing clue what happened, wanted to be seen to be dealing with it and so he sent off the obvious one (there player) sent off McGregor to even it up (for nothing) then decided it would be nice and even if he sent off both managers aswell. And to think that these guys are paid a full time footballers wage to perform absolutely horrendously week in week out in a part time job.
    That's exactly it!

Without fail I watch and pull my hair out at the vast majority of referees constantly taking the easy decision, irrespective of whether it's the correct decision. Not only big decisions like last night, but every single little niggle, throw in, goal kick, offside, and shirt pull in the whole game. I think it often tends to be the case down south as well, but the standard of officiating up here is honking right down to the nitty gritty. There are no doubt some biased referees in Scotland, but I'm more worried about the severe infestation of bottlers in these positions, always looking to give themselves the handiest afternoon possible rather than doing their ****ing job for once.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Ran close to the player and I think might have been pointing at him and then player decided to fall to the ground. Cheat, simples. Its a mans game and he should get double the suspension for the tackle and cheating but he won't.

We can't buy a penalty really even stonewallers, we tend to get red carded the same time as the opposition for mass brawls after they do their 5-6 bad foul...something isn't right. Bartley gets booked and sent off for touching the opposition.

I pose this question if McGregor hadn't stormed in among the rest would the Morton player have been sent off? No, pretty sure it was going to be a booking...
    In a nutshell. I wonder what we did wrong to upset the SFA officials?

I've never been one for conspiracy theories but I'm beginning to wonder about the "competence"of our referees.Yet again I see a team that commits far more fouls than us not reflected in the number of cards.I see a player taken aside while the referee points to various parts of the field (5 I think)where he has fouled but there is no card.A few Minutes later I see Marvin booked for a push from behind his first foul.I read the newspapers this morning and discover that my eyes did not deceive me,Gaston did catch the ball outside his area.A season where red cards have been rescinded.It stinks.

Classic tactics in the championship. No wonder scottish football is so bad when we have managers like Duffy and Houston sending out teams to disrupt the other team rather than go and try and win the game. Only the pars have come at us this season and even away we've have been faced with 4-5-1. We are never going to develop players when teams like hibs spend most of the game trying to get past fouls and gamesmanship. Lets see how we do in the spl. I suspect we will surprise a lot of people though it shouldn't be that much of a surprise given our cup runs. The one thing this season has shown and the two under Stubbs is we are inconsistent. That's what Lennon needs to get to grips with.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I've never been one for conspiracy theories but I'm beginning to wonder about the "competence"of our referees.Yet again I see a team that commits far more fouls than us not reflected in the number of cards.I see a player taken aside while the referee points to various parts of the field (5 I think)where he has fouled but there is no card.A few Minutes later I see Marvin booked for a push from behind his first foul.I read the newspapers this morning and discover that my eyes did not deceive me,Gaston did catch the ball outside his area.A season where red cards have been rescinded.It stinks.
    Oliver committed 3 fouls within 90 seconds of play, and had committed a couple prior to that, before being spoken to by the referee and told no more. He committed at least 2 more that I noticed during the game without receiving a caution.

Bartley conceded a free-kick, his first foul of the game, and the referee proceeded to give himself a wedgie while running towards Bartley as he tried to extricate his yellow card from his pocket.

No sour grapes, just baffled by the inconsistency.

I do believe that for whatever reason there is a bias against hibs. The one in the media is clear to see but I find that funny and just makes winning all the sweeter. Having officials bias against us is no laughing matter. Every time we get Stephen McLean as ref you don't notice he is there as he is great at what he does. most of the other refs wait far too long to get the cards our and the other mgrs exploit it. Plus Bartley's two sending off rescinded. As long as we go up I'll consign this season to the bin but next season it needs to be sorted. Btw who in their right mind thought putting Walsh in charge of last night's game thought it was a good idea. Surely we must speak to the refs supremo re the fouling we have to put with. It's so blatant or do they just rotate the refs. Had McLean been in charge of a few of our games we would be out of sight by now.

Bartley deserved his booking last night. Was frustrated after chasing after a couple of their boys but was a completely needless and petulant trip that rightly earned a yellow card.

Don't think so.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    The officials last night were worse than the officials on Saturday and that is saying something. Nick Walsh is nothing short of incompetent. This was the same referee that sent Bartley off against Ayr United.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Right enough, Bartley and McGregor do look similar.

J
    Absolute nonsense. Bartley's hair is shaved while McGregor's is spiky.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    It wasn't a niggly game at all and for the most part the ref was fine.

No problem with a few decisions not going our way or vice versa, it's part of the game.

The over analysis of refs after every game we drop points is mind numbingly boring and smacks of sour grapes though. They make mistakes in every game in every league in the world, just as all of our players do.

Not worth getting worked up about last nights game that's for sure.
    Agree with this. As for the keeper catching the ball outside the box we were inline and I thought he was just outside, mate thought he was inside. Itwasveryclose.

Don't think so.
    But you also thought he was booked for a "push". The incident took place in front of me and he very clearly deliberately tripped his opponent's legs, off the ball.