hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Morton

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK...just for starters. Why play Bartley who has limited 5 yard movement against a quick and nimble midlfield? We should have been playing round them rather than the other way round. SJM ended up playing deeper therefore much less affective as he had to cover all the time. Our attacks were always down the side of Boyle but our midfield were never there to support any cut back opportunites. Thankfully out defence was very solid...Hanlon and Ambrose were top class tonight. Id have started with martin for some energy and bite in midfield. That way we wouldn't have been chasing the ball as much as we were. We setup as if were were playing against the hammer throwers of falkirk.....Morton actually have quick and nimble midfielders. We were slow and ponderous. Lennon goes home happy with the draw as we are closer to winning the league but it was a very poor performance from Hibs.
    My response was in the context of your repeated use of the word "transference" throughout this thread. That's what BF's "Eh?" was about. It's the type of word I'd expect to hear said in a rather robotic Dundonian accent. I do agree, however, that the team was set up wrong tonight.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    An amazing rambling analysis. I particularly enjoyed the last sentence.
    Join in then? Was ti all great and we were hard done by with the 90th minute tackle?

OK...just for starters. Why play Bartley who has limited 5 yard movement against a quick and nimble midlfield? We should have been playing round them rather than the other way round. SJM ended up playing deeper therefore much less affective as he had to cover all the time. Our attacks were always down the side of Boyle but our midfield were never there to support any cut back opportunites. Thankfully out defence was very solid...Hanlon and Ambrose were top class tonight. Id have started with martin for some energy and bite in midfield. That way we wouldn't have been chasing the ball as much as we were. We setup as if were were playing against the hammer throwers of falkirk.....Morton actually have quick and nimble midfielders. We were slow and ponderous. Lennon goes home happy with the draw as we are closer to winning the league but it was a very poor performance from Hibs.
    absolute nonsense, Bartley is always going to be our deepest lying midfielder, closer to more breakdown balls than SJM and also more accurate with his passing tonight, Martin is not ready for this responsibility yet, first game at Falkirk a good example where Sibbald was give the freedom of the park to score.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    My response was in the context of your repeated use of the word "transference" throughout this thread. That's what BF's "Eh?" was about. It's the type of word I'd expect to hear said in a rather robotic Dundonian accent. I do agree, however, that the team was set up wrong tonight.
    My point was pretty clear... we were poor. No one is actually talking about the game. Neil will be delighted about that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Join in then? Was ti all great and we were hard done by with the 90th minute tackle?
    Not particularly. A dismal game that most likely benefited both teams equally. Your eagerness to use it to criticise a personality you simply do not like is pretty transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    absolute nonsense, Bartley is always going to be our deepest lying midfielder, closer to more breakdown balls than SJM and also more accurate with his passing tonight, Martin is not ready for this responsibility yet, first game at Falkirk a good example where Sibbald was give the freedom of the park to score.
    Bartley contributed even less than Holt tonight. We needed pace and movement - we had neither in midfield. Bartley is great against bulky midfield . Morton are small and quick. They are they biggest danger for us.

Not particularly. A dismal game that most likely benefited both teams equally. Your eagerness to use it to criticise a personality you simply do not like is pretty transparent.
    I love Neal lennon. But he was wrong tonight.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It'll get worse when we go up. All because we asked for sporting integrity from the least sporting football association in Europe.
    Amen to that

@hibs.net private member
    Dont get me wrong... Duffy will get banned too. Its totally unacceptable from both. But they will get banned.
    You're probably right about that as well.

Just no the punches that you "seen"

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Said elsehwere but I'll say it again.

I can't wait for this season to end. We are garbage to watch and have turned a season of optimism into a dirge. Sooner we get over the line and start the big rebuild required the better. We've failed to win 47% of our games this season, that says plenty.

I'm grateful there was a fight tonight as it was by far the most exciting thing that happened.
    Spot on m8y

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    My point was pretty clear... we were poor. No one is actually talking about the game. Neil will be delighted about that.
    Classic transference from Lenny.

The problem is that you're making it out to be that Lennon has intentionally manufactured this situation to create this 'transference'. Do you honestly believe that?

How many times do you hear managers throughout the divisions - in any country - say that it's all about grinding out the results at the business end of the season? We all want to see decent football but every point is crucial and a step nearer promotion. NL should be delighted we are a game and another point nearer our objective. I just don't like people using unnatural sounding buzz words that it sounds like they've just picked up from their latest course. All pish imo. It's the stuff I fully expect from Cathro.

Bartley contributed even less than Holt tonight. We needed pace and movement - we had neither in midfield. Bartley is great against bulky midfield . Morton are small and quick. They are they biggest danger for us.
    Disagree, Bartley protected our central defence, not exposed tonight. Our other 3 midfielders offered him little support when Morton had possession and, with the exception of Boyle offered no attacking threat. Bartley constantly covering McGinn being caught on the wrong side and in possession. Thought Boyle, McGinn and Keatings there for the pace and movement, I suppose we all see what we want to see to some degree.
    Last edited by kevinc; 29-03-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    How many times do you hear managers throughout the divisions - in any country - say that it's all about grinding out the results at the business end of the season? We all want to see decent football but every point is crucial and a step nearer promotion. NL should be delighted we are a game and another point nearer our objective. I just don't like people using unnatural sounding buzz words that it sounds like they've just picked up from their latest course. All pish imo. It's the stuff I fully expect from Cathro.
    Transfernce was picked up from Uni 20 years ago. But i take your point.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Maybe it was Casper again?

He brought Dylan on for about 5 minutes when I hoped he'd play the whole 2nd half, and Fyvie didn't show at all. Given the way they both trained this week do you still assert that Lennon was wrong? Was Dylan showing the affects from Saturday? Was Fyvie up to speed?

Oh. You weren't privy to any of that? But you'll let us all know where Lennon went wrong.

We all have an opinion, can you see the point i'm making?

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    He was throwing punches?? Where? Unless theres footage ive not seen?

Likely hecwill get banned for being angry- but punching??
    There's a reddit thread called #punchgate. Someone else saw 3 or 4 roundhouse kicks and a nose pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    He brought Dylan on for about 5 minutes when I hoped he'd play the whole 2nd half, and Fyvie didn't show at all. Given the way they both trained this week do you still assert that Lennon was wrong? Was Dylan showing the affects from Saturday? Was Fyvie up to speed?

Oh. You weren't privy to any of that? But you'll let us all know where Lennon went wrong.

We all have an opinion, can you see the point i'm making?
    Martin was fit as a fiddle..... Wrong game for bartley. But Neil got a draw... he will be happy.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    Coming from a guy who regularly slates players is rich, even by your standards. You thought Gunnarson was crap after a 15 min debut remember?
    Not true. I asked what more he brought than Forster. Remember? I did question his signing at the time yes. Glad to record I was too quick to judge and I'd swap them in a heartbeat. You are yet to answer a couple of reasonable and simple questions tho.
    Last edited by greenlex; 30-03-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Martin was fit as a fiddle..... Wrong game for bartley. But Neil got a draw... he will be happy.
    Are you suggesting Neil Lennon would be more happy with a draw than a victory? Or are you just furthering a weird anti Lennon agenda?

Are you suggesting Neil Lennon would be more happy with a draw than a victory? Or are you just furthering a weird anti Lennon agenda?
    I have no Lennon agenda. I like the man. He will be happy with the draw tonight.

Sort of agree about Bartley. If we're playing that formation against a weaker team I'd play Fyvie as he's more mobile and has a dig on him.

On the whole I'd get McGeouch in there as we were crying out for a number ten all night. We have plenty options to make it work.

Come on, throw Martin into that game with all its implications?

I don't agree for a minute that Lennon would have played for a draw either if Dylan, Humphreys or Fyvie were fully fit.

I usually appreciate your contributions but I think it's time time to call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    We've failed to win 47% of games this season.

We have scored 3 or more goals in only 5 league games out of 30(17%).

We have had 2 runs of 4 games without winning and one of 2.

Of the top 20 scorers in the league we have Jason Cummings with 16 and Boyle with 7. That's it.

This may be a decent squad but it's underperforming. This isn't a one off as a lot of the same players underperformed in the league last years as well. If we are serious about kicking on mext season then we need quality additions both to the starting 11 and the squad as a whole.
    But the manager has (ahem) "passion", so that's all that matters.. Nevermind we've failed to win 47% of games.
    Last edited by Swedish hibee; 30-03-2017 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    But the manager has (ahem) "passion", so that's all that matters..
    No.

What matters is we will win the title, and have an upcoming semi final in the Scottish Cup.

Neil Lennon is a born winner. Next season we will improve significantly and the top 6 beckons, with several jamboskelpings galore.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    From what I can see on the clip he makes more contact with his staff than Mortons. I thought he talked very well about the incident and what he said was exactly what the video showed. That does not excuse his behaviour however understandable. He will get banned for a good few games and rightly so. Duffy should get at least as much as the initial aggressor and their player who made the tackle should get 2 for the tackle and at least one for the dive. Darren should be stripped on Saturday. Quite a few of the Morton players behaviour needs looked at too as they were getting in Lennon's face for no reason. It looked worse at the game than it did on tape.

Lennon being banned might not be such a bad thing as he might get a better view from higher up of the shocking performances his team are putting in most weeks. That may allow him to try and react with a change of tactics when things aren't going as planned. Bringing Dylan on with a few minutes left was a complete joke as the game was crying out for him. If Hanlon wasn't tired or injured I have no idea why he was taken off to make the defence imbalanced and taking off a good passer for someone who just shells it. Lennon is going to get us promoted and that will be a job done. If he wants to stay then he has earnt the right but I really hope he tries to play in a more entertaining fashion because we are really awful to watch. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he has been pragmatic in knowing that we have more to lose going for it than we have to win at this point of the season.
    Given that this is an our third season in the championship the main priority is getting promoted. We are on course to achieve that us are in the Scottish cup semi. If you had been offered our current position at the start of the season I'm sure we would have taken it. I agree we are drawing too many games at home but it's not a concern re promotion. It's our away record that will get us promoted.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    No I'm correct. We were very poor tonight. Midfield was setup totally wrong for the game. He should have changes things at half time. He was wrong tonight and that should be discussed.
    Classic transference

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    Agree - we need a goal scoring midfielder and 2 new strikers.

Our lack of goals this season except from Jason is not good enough
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    I make it 8-10 players and totally agree. We are the least pish of a bad lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    I don't buy into that garbage. We've drawn 7 out of 15 at home in this league against utter dross.
    Two full backs, two wide players, a new front man who can hold the ball up bring players into the game and find that rectangular thing at each end of the ground.

Also Rocky, Efe, and Shinnie are loans and not even ours to keep. And SJM and Cummings could be off if the right offers come in.

Yes a clearout, Keatings, Graham never good enough, if there's no clearout its more of the same boring pish in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    But the manager has (ahem) "passion", so that's all that matters.. Nevermind we've failed to win 47% of games.
    But if winning 52% of games wins you the league, is it not mission accomplished?

J

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Two full backs, two wide players, a new front man who can hold the ball up bring players into the game and find that rectangular thing at each end of the ground.

Also Rocky, Efe, and Shinnie are loans and not even ours to keep. And SJM and Cummings could be off if the right offers come in.

Yes a clearout, Keatings, Graham never good enough, if there's no clearout its more of the same boring pish in my opinion.

Oh great, and then we can all look forward to a summer of people wetting the bed about who's coming in too.