hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He couldn't have loved her if he done the dirty on her. Riddled with guilt.
    That is quite clearly a crock.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    the documentary wasn't about whether Rio Ferdinand was a brilliant husband or even a brilliant Dad prior to his partners death. It was about the aftermath of such a terrible event and how he has coped with both his grief and also how he has dealt with having to be both parents to his kids.
    Indeed but though they're not supposed to, when threads do go off topic they can throw up interesting information. I didn't know before today, for example, that Davie Cooper wouldn't live next door to a fenian. And that information goes a long way to explaining why fans of the Thes continue to hold him in such puzzlingly high regard.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    I have experienced the same situation as Rio and it is by far the most heartbreaking thing that has ever happened to me. I have two kids who I have raised since they were four and two respectively, trying to explain what has happened to them is so so unbelievably difficult.

I always thought stuff like this would never happen to me and that I would always read about it happening. Watching the documentary and being able to relate to Rio is massive for me, like him, I still haven't properly grieved and it's been almost eight years!

Watching this programme it shows us that as men it is OK to cry and it is OK to feel upset when we always have the perception that we have to always be strong no matter what.

Funnily enough Hibs have helped me get through it and no more than the 21.05.16 when I could get some hampden grass and put it on her grave as she said she would never witness us win a Scottish cup in our life! I know he cheated on his wife and made mistakes, but he's human and we all make mistakes. Trust me, having gone through this first hand it is not easy, especially when bairns are involved.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk
    No one should have to go through what you have mate. Hope you have had support along the way. Heartbreaking for you and your kids to have had to go it alone without your wife/mum.
    Too cruel. Glad the Hibbies have given you some help and brilliant that 21.5.16 gave you joy that you were able to share through the Hampden turf!

Hope you and your kids are doing well together.
    GGTTH and stay strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    No one should have to go through what you have mate. Hope you have had support along the way. Heartbreaking for you and your kids to have had to go it alone without your wife/mum.
    Too cruel. Glad the Hibbies have given you some help and brilliant that 21.5.16 gave you joy that you were able to share through the Hampden turf!

Hope you and your kids are doing well together.
    GGTTH and stay strong.
    Thank you mate. We have all been coping well and the kids realise what has happened. If anything it has brought me even closer to my children.

GGTTH

Thank you mate. We have all been coping well and the kids realise what has happened. If anything it has brought me even closer to my children.

GGTTH

All credit to you chief.
    Your wife will be with you all in spirit and will be so proud of what you have done/are doing for your kids. Good on you.
    Hope the Hibees continue to give you more happy times ahead too. You should be very proud of yourself man.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Numerous times.
    Serial cheat (even filmed himself doing it on 1 occasion) so hope he has loads of guilt.

Left by mutual consent!
    I have experienced the same situation as Rio and it is by far the most heartbreaking thing that has ever happened to me. I have two kids who I have raised since they were four and two respectively, trying to explain what has happened to them is so so unbelievably difficult.

I always thought stuff like this would never happen to me and that I would always read about it happening. Watching the documentary and being able to relate to Rio is massive for me, like him, I still haven't properly grieved and it's been almost eight years!

Watching this programme it shows us that as men it is OK to cry and it is OK to feel upset when we always have the perception that we have to always be strong no matter what.

Funnily enough Hibs have helped me get through it and no more than the 21.05.16 when I could get some hampden grass and put it on her grave as she said she would never witness us win a Scottish cup in our life! I know he cheated on his wife and made mistakes, but he's human and we all make mistakes. Trust me, having gone through this first hand it is not easy, especially when bairns are involved.

Respect to you sir.

To be fair to Ferdinand, I've just been watching an interview with him about the BBC programme, and he emphasizes that this is not about sympathy, it's about getting people to talk when something like this happens, to open up, particularly if kids are involved. My mother died of cancer when I was 16 (my father had passed away 8 years previously), and all of a sudden we were orphans. I had to grow up pretty dam quick and start working while my grandmother watched my 2 sisters. I had no time to grieve, the stereotypes that Ferdinand touched on in this interview rung a few bells with me, don't show weakness to anybody such as crying, in my case leaving that to the women in the family who, as it turned out years later, had actually dealt with it much better than I ever had.

There's no specific template for people to use when it comes to something like this. We all have our own coping mechanisms, and most of the time one's not any better than another. But communicating is essential, letting people know that you'll always be there for them, even if you go off on one from time to time. The sad fact is that often tragedies like this draw families closer together, and make each individual appreciate more what they've got.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovehibs View Post
    All credit to you chief.
    Your wife will be with you all in spirit and will be so proud of what you have done/are doing for your kids. Good on you.
    Hope the Hibees continue to give you more happy times ahead too. You should be very proud of yourself man.
    This. Well said Ilovehibs....
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Bang on

I think the advent of the internet has given the mean spirited out there a platform to air their views that pre-internet society denied them, because frankly no-one would listen to them.

Some of the comments on some of the threads recently have been in extremely poor taste and akin to the Glenn Hoddle karma pish of a few years ago.

The minute you have said or done something it has happened all you can try to do is atone for these past mistakes, but folk take great delight in casting these things up instead of letting those that want to reform and get on with the rest of their lives.

If we don't offer people the chance of redemption, what incentive is for them to try and live better lives and contribute whether to family or society.

Even on Hibs Net it is becoming increasingly difficult to debate points civilly with some posters.

I mean, he's not necessarily 'reforming'. It's possible to be good and bad in different facets of your life, and that's what's happening here. He's clearly not good in relationships, and the emotional damage that cheating does to people makes it an act that is almost unforgivable. It's a probability that he'd cheat again too, especially considering that most who do just act without thinking then attempt to rationalise it after.

That said, on the other hand he's doing a great job of raising his kids and deserves the utmost respect for that, and no family deserves to go through what his has.

Well done to Rio and to all those who have had to go through similar horrendous situations. Breast cancer is a horrible disease and it takes the lives of far too many women each year.

My sister has battled breast cancer in early 30s. She has a BRCA mutation - like me (and Angelina Jolie!) BRCA 1 and 2 are tumor suppressor genes and if one is faulty then the likelihood of getting certain types of cancer - particularly breast and ovarian cancer - is much greater.

I was given the chance to have preventative surgery at 25 as I was told my chance of breast cancer was 85%. Best decision of my life as during the biopsy they discovered I had precancerous cells. How lucky do I feel.

My point in writing this is to urge people to check their family tree for any breast cancer or ovarian cancer patterns and go to GP and ask to be tested. My father's two Aunts had breast cancer in their 60s but as it is a common cancer for women we didn't pick up on any potential genetic link sooner.

BRCA mutations can be passed by a mother OR father onto their children. Any child of someone with a BRCA mutation has a 50% chance of getting it.

Worth pointing out that although rare men do get breast cancer too so if in doubt get it checked out.

Knowledge is power people, check out your family trees
    Last edited by JennaFletcher; 29-03-2017 at 10:56 PM.