hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Probably Dunfermline. Decent fan base and history. Hope we pump them on Saturday though.

And Patrick thistle. There's something to be admired about a weegie who doesn't support Celtic or sevco.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My dad's from Maryhill originally so I've always had a soft spot for the Jags.
    Im from Maryhill so it's the Jags for me

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Crikey
    Joining you

Gala Fairydean Rovers ...... used to watch then quite a lot in the days when I couldn't afford Hibs games and of course my local club, quite involved in their walking football team too

I have a soft spot for Dundee because games against them always seem to be good ones, I cant ever remember a Dundee team coming to ER and trying to shut up shop. If not their clubs I also have a soft spot for fans of teams within the gravitational pull of the ugly sisters, hats off to anybody in that region who can resist their evil influence.

In spite of my big brother being a Man Utd fan ( he was born in Manchester I hasten to add ) I cant bring myself to allow brotherly love to influence my football choices .... I have a soft spot for Everton doon that England.

I admired the Celtic team of late 60s early 70s due to the way they played and also Fergies Aberdeen for dominating the OF.
    Never took to Dundee Utd for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MKHIBEE View Post
    Im from Maryhill so it's the Jags for me
    Thistle are one of mine. Stylish club who's fans have the guts not to choose one of the uglies.

Also like Ross County for some reason and if I could have chosen anyone to bear us in the league cup final it would have been them. Maybe it's their location and it's scenery.

I used to admire Falkirk a few years ago but they've changed. A team full of young stars has been Houstonised.

Don't care much for Dunfermline either. Overspending, mocking their "wee" rivals, pleading poverty and becoming media darlings after the begging bowl has saved them while still giving it the "big team" stuff. Sound familiar? Saying that, they're my local team and I'll still sometimes watch them if we're in different leagues.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Kilmarnock for me.

Seem to have decent fans and no chip on their shoulder.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Celtic.

Our shared Irish roots and republican philosophies mean we ALL should admire and look out for our green brothers.
    You forgot the fishing rod at the end of that message.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Partick Thistle. Any team and their fans that share a city with the ugly sisters and resist the temptation of their polarisation deserve respect.

Peterhead. Don't ask me why.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Jags (Thistle supporters deserve respect given the choice they made, IMO)
    Dunfy, Raith & Sheep
    Sunderland & Newcastle

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Dundee United. Always liked their bright orange kit as a kid and liked them under McLean in the 80s. Tannadice is a good old fashioned ground too. I Hope they come up with us ahead of Falkirk or Morton.

First Team Breakthrough esjorto's Avatar
    Growing up in Blairgowrie, going to Dens Park was a big thrill. Also where I first saw Hibs. Lin Ch young teenager and although I went to Ceentral Park a lot, nevever took to themunfermline was better, but by this time I could get to Easter Road much more often. Lived in Glasgow for five years and mostly went to see Thistle when I couldn't get to a Hibs game. Back in the days of "Firhill for thrills" and it certainly was.
    As a wee lad, nly English team I liked were Arsenal because of the white sleeves; this in the days before TV and colour pictures in newspapers. Used to think they copied Hibs!

Quote Originally Posted by paisley hibby View Post
    to b fair, celtic fans are really just hibees who have lost their soap, dignity and any sense of good taste 😉
    ftfy

I have a soft spot for the Pars. If Hibs weren't here I'd probably go and watch them. Good fan base and history and obviously local.

Jags. Their fans stay away from the bigotry and the club genuinely gets involved in the community. Plus that mascot was, hands down, the funniest football story for ages.

Dunfermline Athletic.
    As a schoolboy (early/mid 60s)i saw a couple of European football nights at East End Park.
    No real memory of one game, although my brother reminds me i was there, Pars beating Valencia 6-2.
    I also saw them at Hampden in 1968 when they won the Scottish Cup,defeating the "famous" macaroons 3-1.
    Alex Edwards .who would later become a Hibernian legend, played in that final.
    I hope the Pars get promoted next season.

Dundee United, too... Or Dundee Hibernian to be precise;-)
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 28-03-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Split between Dunfermline and Motherwell - Dunfermline as I've had many a great night with some of their fans I've known for years !

Motherwell - Chippy just up the road from Fir Park (just cannot mind the name) serves - imho - the finest fish-supper I know !
    Last edited by Deansy; 28-03-2017 at 06:21 PM.

hibs.................

Dunfermline as I always remember being across at pettycur bay in a caravan further up the hill and i looked out the window to see jim leishman discussing some business so I went out for a chat he owned the caravan next and was across to check on it and was a perfect gentleman and didn't ignore me, was a good laugh as well

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    An away game at East End Park to see the Hibs is always a great day out. Never had any hassle wi the Pars fans over the years and would like them to get promoted.

No time for Celtic although I'm always routing for them to beat Sevco. As a club in recent years Celtic have also been pretty reasonable with us. The Stokes and Henderson loans went a long way to winning us the Cup and they got us out of a hole with the Scott Allan situation. Effe Ambrose wad also great piece of business just at the right time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auckland Hibs View Post
    Meadowbank Thistle
    This. Used to pop in to the Golden Gate when everyone's favourite Duffle coat wearing mathematics teacher was manager. I know there are a few lesser greens on here but for the life of me I cannot understand why Hibernian season ticket holder would "have a soft spot" for any other competitor in the [semi] professional leagues. EDIT: HYPOCRISY ALERT:- I have been to Meadowbank 4 times this season to see Edinburgh City.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Crikey
    I think that's meant as a joke, at least I certainly hope it was.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Berwick Rangers, ever since that magical Scottish Cup game against those that shall not be spoken of.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Only Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Only Hibs.
    Mansfield Town.

I saw them in the Anglo Scottish Cup in the 70's. They had black players in white shirts. Couldn't believe they weren't European Champions. I was only a boy but was mega impressed. Have been following their results ever since!

Promising Youngster
    My daughter lives in Oz....Her ex boyfriend was a big Sydney Blues fan so I was chuffed to see them run away with the A-league title this season. On a better note he is now a massive Hibby and has watched all of our recent cup finals in Cheers bar with midnight ko times

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Promising Youngster
    The chippy at Motherwell......You'd need to be there before that fat bellend Tam Cowan to get a fish supper 😀😀😀

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk