hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My Dad was a Clyde supporter and remember seeing Hibs play them at Shawfield long long time ago, so always had a soft spot for them.
    I like Clyde too. I lived in Glasgow for a few years and admired their stoic support. There can have also been few teams that have fallen so far. I am concerned they may lose there league status. Results have been awful and if they lose to Cowdenbeath on Saturday they are in a real dog fight for bottom spot. Would be a tragedy of they slipped out of the league.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Dunfermline.

I was born in Dunfermline and went to a few of their games with a Pars schoolmate when I was a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland_Hibee View Post
    Clachnacuddin. If it wasn't for my fathers love of them and dislike of Caley I would probably have never found my way to supporting Hibs in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some good guys at clach and treated us well when a group of us went to a game. The football was guff, hospitality great

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    OGC Nice - great team to watch and superb Ultras who back them for 90 minutes every game. Son played for the Youth team and we followed the top team every ther week.

First Team Breakthrough 21.5.16's Avatar
    Shamrock Rovers. My Mam being from a small town in Co.Kildare called Naas abut 30/45 mins from Dublin always liked Rovers. In scotland would be Edinburgh City, In England as much as I hate the country Liverpool, Norwich and Tranmere.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    I've never lived in Scotland so I can't comment really, all about Hibs/the national team. Quite like Bohemians in Ireland, West Ham and Norwich down south.
    Bohs are crap mon the Rovers 🍀😂

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Celtic.

Our shared Irish roots and republican philosophies mean we ALL should admire and look out for our green brothers.
    Naw. I am half Irish and HATE them.

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    Quote Originally Posted by connerg View Post
    You can't leave it like that! Although Clachnacuddin is a great name. Tell us the reason please?
    Haha well my father isn't a man of many rules but when it comes to football he does have strong opinions. ICT as many may not be aware is an amalgamation of two former Highland League rivals Inverness Caledonian and Inverness Thistle. The 3rd Inverness club and my Dad's team Clach rejected this merger to preserve their own identity.

Growing up I went along to their games with him. I remember once taking home from Primary School a free kids ticket for a Caley game and my Dad not approving and sending me with a Caley supporting friend of his.

In later school year you'd always be asked who's your football team? I'd just respond Clach to be often met with "aye but who's your 'big' team Celtic or Rangers?" One day I innocently asked my Dad why he doesn't support either of them. He told me all about them and why I'd certainly never be seen in an old firm shirt under his roof.

That might tell you why I don't support my local team or follow the old firm crowd but it doesn't tell you why Hibs and honestly supporting Hibs actually began as a joke. The same pals who would always want me to follow Celtic, Rangers or Caley with them convinced themselves they would have me supporting one of the "big teams" by the end of the week. I was getting a little annoyed as I knew my Dad wouldn't approve anyway. I remembered this particular week a certain team had just knocked Rangers out of the League cup having also knocked out Celtic in the previous round.

It got to the end of the week and sure enough I got asked so I said "I support neither of them. My team put both your teams out the cup, my team is Hibs".

It just became normal for me to answer Hibs from then on and it grew into a real fondness. Following the scores, then buying shirts and merchandise then getting down to a few matches and eventually the full circle in becoming a season ticket holder.

Long story and maybe not a particularly good one but that's my Life with Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Haha well my father isn't a man of many rules but when it comes to football he does have strong opinions. ICT as many may not be aware is an amalgamation of two former Highland League rivals Inverness Caledonian and Inverness Thistle. The 3rd Inverness club and my Dad's team Clach rejected this merger to preserve their own identity.

Growing up I went along to their games with him. I remember once taking home from Primary School a free kids ticket for a Caley game and my Dad not approving and sending me with a Caley supporting friend of his.

In later school year you'd always be asked who's your football team? I'd just respond Clach to be often met with "aye but who's your 'big' team Celtic or Rangers?" One day I innocently asked my Dad why he doesn't support either of them. He told me all about them and why I'd certainly never be seen in an old firm shirt under his roof.

That might tell you why I don't support my local team or follow the old firm crowd but it doesn't tell you why Hibs and honestly supporting Hibs actually began as a joke. The same pals who would always want me to follow Celtic, Rangers or Caley with them convinced themselves they would have me supporting one of the "big teams" by the end of the week. I was getting a little annoyed as I knew my Dad wouldn't approve anyway. I remembered this particular week a certain team had just knocked Rangers out of the League cup having also knocked out Celtic in the previous round.

It got to the end of the week and sure enough I got asked so I said "I support neither of them. My team put both your teams out the cup, my team is Hibs".

It just became normal for me to answer Hibs from then on and it grew into a real fondness. Following the scores, then buying shirts and merchandise then getting down to a few matches and eventually the full circle in becoming a season ticket holder.

Brilliant and as good a reason as anyone else's

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Brilliant and as good a reason as anyone else's
    Haha cheers. Beaten by Livi in the final too, set the tone early for disappointments to come.

Left by mutual consent!

I do remember something about that now! How you chose Hibs is a great story. Bet your Dads' happy you never chose the OF.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Funnily enough I would have said Falkirk a few years ago and my dad grew up there and I used to go watch them when I was young visiting my grandparents who still lived there.

Not so sure anymore!

I'm with you on that one!

I like Motherwell - I used to have family there so have fond memories of the away days at Fir Park. For the 6-6 my Brother in Law left at 6-2 so we were both gutted at the end!

If Hibs didn't exist then they'd be my next choice.

Rangers.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Norwich