hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Any teams you have a soft spot for?

After seeing a forum on who your most hated teams are, I wondered if there was any one who had a soft spot for another team IN SCOTLAND. Personally, there's no other team that I want to necessarily win and there's no one who I look out for, but if I was to pick a team it would be Dunfermline - I like their style of play and the way their fans all support their local team and get behind their club.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Dunfy if I had to pick, always used to like going there for some reason.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I now live in Dunfermline and have a lot of mates that are Dunfermline fans, so don't mind seeing them doing well, unless against us. Although the feeling doesn't seem to be mutual going by the fans at their games.

My son plays for Elgin Star 2005's so he always looks out for Elgins results.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After seeing a forum on who your most hated teams are, I wondered if there was any one who had a soft spot for another team IN SCOTLAND. Personally, there's no other team that I want to necessarily win and there's no one who I look out for, but if I was to pick a team it would be Dunfermline - I like their style of play and the way their fans all support their local team and get behind their club.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk
    I had a wee soft spot for Dunfermline under Leishman in the 80s and then Raith Rovers in the early-mid 90s (I went to a good few of their matches with Rovers supporting mates when Hibs weren't playing).

Dunfermline

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Arbroath are my second team - grew up in Carnoustie.

The only other Scottish club I've ever regularly watched (and played for) is Spartans so I'd say them.

Apart from that I'm indifferent to most teams. Some I dislike quite a lot, others I just don't care about.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Meadowbank Thistle

@hibs.net private member
    Ayr Utd.

Regularly bring 3 Ayr fans to Easter Road. Including this week Vs Morton.

Edit - two were there that famous day in May.

'S' Form
    Edinburgh City - Before they were admitted to the SPFL I would go to the occasional league/cup game

Spartans - I lived close to City Park when I was growing up so would see lots of them. The SC game v Livvy when Livvy had all of their Spanish imports was brilliant

Gala - Fond memories of Hibs v Gala preseason friendlies when I was a kid

My dad's from Maryhill originally so I've always had a soft spot for the Jags.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Tin hat on here but it's Celtic. Always looked for their results as a kid especially after we signed King Kenny in 1977. In them days I hadn't really heard of many other Scottish teams either.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Best friend growing up was a Dundee Utd fan, so always had a soft spot for them (1st European tie I saw was Utd v PSV Eindhoven, early 1980s). Then started working with another Utd fan who became a mate and have been to a few European ties, cup semis and finals with him. Also have a good mate who has a season ticket for St Johnstone, so have been to a fair few of their games as well To be fair, I just like watching football and it's relaxing watching a game where you are not really entirely bothered who wins for a change!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I always like to see Dundee do well after 1986

United we stand here....

Ayr United.

Used to go and watch them with family friends when i was a kid. Like seeing them doing well.

Berwick Rangers cos I'd sometines go with my dad if we couldn't see Hibs. I know they're not technically in Scotland but they play in our league, so I think that counts.

I had a soft spot for Celtic while I was a young lad this was due to my dad supporting them and being taken to European games and away trips in europe. Now that my dad has passed it's to a lesser extent but I'd still much rather see them winning the league than Rangers.

Going abit further down the pryamid system I have always admired what Spartans have achieved. They have hundreds of kids training at their facilities each week and have a real community spirit built around the club.

Hopefully they can get up to the league system at some point and get better crowds by picking up fans from Hibs and Hearts when their respective teams are away from home.

Edit - Oh and you can get a pint at half time!
    Last edited by Since90+2; 28-03-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Livingston although after 2004 it became a lot harder to like them,

I went in the Dundee end at a few derbies when I lived in Dundee.

My other half (and a few friends as well as a lot of people through my brother's extended family) follows Dunfermline and I go to the odd game with her so I quite like them too.

I have good mates who follow both Falkirk and Morton and I don't mind them either. I don't like the current incarnation of Falkirk but I like what Duffy's done with the young players at Morton.

I also had a good mate who supports Dundee United but I can't be bothered with them.

It's been quite a fun season for me in many ways. I don't know anyone who supports Ross County, Inverness, Hamilton or Patrick Thistle so in many ways it will be a bit duller if/when we go up.

Dundee

East Fife and Montrose

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Dunfermline have always seemed sound to me. Used to love going to see us at East End Park when I was wee, seem to remember their mascot Sammy the Tammy bringing out an ironing board and ironing his pars strip, which I thought was hilarious. Good club.

Also quite like Dundee United. Unique strip like ours and decent fans.

Other than that I'm not ashamed to say that I have a lot of respect for Celtic. I would rather they won the league than Rangers, every time, and when they're in Europe I like to see them do well.

Forfar Athletic

I think St Johnstone are a cracking wee club. How they do what they do each season with so little money coming in is truly remarkable.

First Team Breakthrough
    Accies for me. After living here for a few years I went with a couple of pals who are Accies fans and started to take my kids (they had both been to Easter Rd several times with me and knew all about the Hibees but they slowly became Accies fans which I didn't mind as I just wanted to ensure they did not follow the rest over here and become OF fans.
    Job was done on that front very quickly I am pleased to say, my lad was chuffed to bits when Accies dumped us for their promotion but its came full circle now with both supporting Hibs and my proudest moment as a Hibee was not actually seeing David Gray lift the SC but seeing my two kids sing all through the match then be part of the most emotional rendition of Sunshine on Leith on our special day back in May.

My son and I always look for the Accies score though none of us have been down in over two years now to watch a match. I hope they manage to stay up.

GGTTH

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Im originally from Leven so has to be East Fife

@hibs.net private member
    Funnily enough I would have said Falkirk a few years ago and my dad grew up there and I used to go watch them when I was young visiting my grandparents who still lived there.

Not so sure anymore!

I quite like Dunfermline.

I liked Raith Rovers in the 1990s when they had their UEFA Cup run ending up against Bayern Munich at Easter Road.

I did like to watch Airdrie when Steve Archibald was managing them circa 2000, although I despised them when McDonald managed them in the 1990s.

First Team Regular
    Peebkes Rovers