hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "The Rangers" and also the extinct Rangers.

I don't regard it as irrational at all to take an instant and total dislike to anyone who supports or supported either of these clubs.

The vast majority are either ignorant bigots,racists or extreme British Nationalists or more usually a loathsome combination.

It just saves time trying to identify the small minority who arent.
    That's where I am. It might seem small minded and petty but I instantly take a dislike to someone when they say they support them. I have to strongly question the character of anyone who associates themselves with that vile club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    I went once with my dad in the early 70's during the tornadoes and I saw people getting darts in the sides of their heads.

Guess what? I'm living in the 21st century, not 40 years ago.

"Vile team, vile people, the place is a dump" - balanced judgement?

I went regularly to ER during the Tornadoes period and before, and I regularly saw Hibs fans behaving as badly - and not just at OF or derby matches. Same goes for the away matches.

Maybe what you find in a place depends on the attitude you bring with you?

You know what I hate? I hate these hate-fest threads. They just prove that every team's got some - even Hibs.
    Last edited by --------; 29-03-2017 at 07:42 AM.

I agree with Doddie.
    To hate is wasteful:-)
    However to loath,dislike or " i cannae stand them" is what i think on some clubs fans!
    (rather than the Clubs themselves)
    The exception for me being the club who play in Govan.
    An institution i have loathed since becoming aware of what they represented for more than a century.
    (see i cannot even print their name,whatever that is these days!)

When Jimmy O'Rourke was playing for Scotland Schoolboys,near every team in Scotland(and many in England) wanted to sign him ..bar one ! Bar one !
    No prizes for figuring the who and why of that.
    Clue: Holy Cross Academy schoolboy.

I think experiences on "away days" for fans will have fuelled dislike(hatred) for other teams.
    A lot of Hibernian fans now dislike Falkirk.
    But is that really a hatred of that club/their fans, or their current manager/the way they play?

On dislike.
    The fans i disliked back in the day when i went to away games regularly,apart from the afore,not mentioned, institution,are those with fans who certainly disliked us.
    And they showed it!
    Kilmarnock and Airdrie spring to mind.But they are not alone.
    Leaving Kilmarnock was "ambush central" for our supporters buses after the games.

As a laddie, i mind some of my pals were not allowed to go to Easter Road when Celtic and that other team came to town.
    So is this hate more about other teams fans than the clubs?
    Oh, and as Doddie stated, Hibernian fans were not so innocent back in the day
    Ambushing away fans on London and Regent Road(buses parked there) was not uncommon.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    I agree with Doddie.
    To hate is wasteful:-)
    However to loath,dislike or " i cannae stand them" is what i think on some clubs fans!
    (rather than the Clubs themselves)
    The exception for me being the club who play in Govan.
    An institution i have loathed since becoming aware of what they represented for more than a century.
    (see i cannot even print their name,whatever that is these days!)

When Jimmy O'Rourke was playing for Scotland Schoolboys,near every team in Scotland(and many in England) wanted to sign him ..bar one ! Bar one !
    No prizes for figuring the who and why of that.
    Clue: Holy Cross Academy schoolboy.

I think experiences on "away days" for fans will have fuelled dislike(hatred) for other teams.
    A lot of Hibernian fans now dislike Falkirk.
    But is that really a hatred of that club/their fans, or their current manager/the way they play?

On dislike.
    The fans i disliked back in the day when i went to away games regularly,apart from the afore,not mentioned, institution,are those with fans who certainly disliked us.
    And they showed it!
    Kilmarnock and Airdrie spring to mind.But they are not alone.
    Leaving Kilmarnock was "ambush central" for our supporters buses after the games.

As a laddie, i mind some of my pals were not allowed to go to Easter Road when Celtic and that other team came to town.
    So is this hate more about other teams fans than the clubs?
    Oh, and as Doddie stated, Hibernian fans were not so innocent back in the day
    Ambushing away fans on London and Regent Road(buses parked there) was not uncommon.
    Exactly.

Antone who has followed this forum for any length of time knows that I have two particular dislikes (apart from the Gruesome Twosome and the Wannabe Huns) - Joe Harper and Leeds United, dislikes that go back a long way to particular events that angered me at the time and which still cause me either anger or regret.

But that doesn't mean I 'hate' either. This is just part of my mental (take that any way you like) landscape as a football follower and Hibs supporter. Just as in speedway I really don't like Nicky Pedersen (Monarchs fans will understand).

But the abuse and bile - even hatred - that the area in which I live and work comes in for every time one of these hate-threads gets started make me angry, and I can only conclude that since I've been in North Lanarkshire for nigh on 15 years now, that abuse and bile and hatred would be directed at me if I happened to meet those posters on the street in Airdrie or Coatbridge.

Davie Shaw. John McNamee. Jim Black. John Brownlie. John Collins. All originated within 5 miles of where I'm sitting now. All great Hibees. And very far from being the 'exceptions that prove the rule', in case someone thinks of suggesting it.

PS - make that two major dislikes and one real disgust and revulsion. John Hughes, the Celtic winger from the 60's and 70's. The only time I've ever seen a so-called footballer deliberately go out to break a fellow footballer's leg. If that's what Houston and Baird were thinking of doing to Shinnie, I may have to add to the list. But Falkirk's still a great wee town.

PPS - The OF and Jambos I dislike for the unnecessary and hateful baggage they bring into Scottish society, not just the football. But I still have friends who support those teams and who are very decent people.
    Last edited by --------; 29-03-2017 at 10:41 AM.

The old firm go without saying for me, with the Huns taking top spot. Then probably hearts third. Within Scotland, Aberdeen would traditionally follow next but outside our country there are a few others in the mix...

Real Madrid, Millwall, Leeds, Sunderland. Don't hate Liverpool but always want them to get beat (have my reasons).

Not fond of lazio. Chelsea for similar reasons. And any other club with a notable element of right wing/fascist/bigot mentality to their club or support.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    I've lived and worked in and around Airdrie for the past 15 years and I can assure you that the place is very far from a dump.

That post is as arrogant and dismissive as I would I would expect to find on FollowFollow. The fact is that people who follow Airdrie get off their backsides and go down to support their local team when it would be so much easier to either go with the crowd to Ibrox or Parkhead or sit in the pub cheering on the Ugly Sisters on the box.

I'd much rather sit beside most Airdrie fans I know than beside you.
    I've lived in the area 8 years longer than you, and if your sister had been spat at several times and pushed around by not one but several Airdrie fans using sectarian insults, maybe you might feel differently. Maybe they'd mistaken her for a Celtic fan, there's plenty of them in Coatbridge, but my sister is from Edinburgh, born and bred, has never ever been a troublemaker or ****stirrer in her entire life, and those guys had been out on the piss. Two of them were old enough to be her grandfather. Every one of them was wearing an Airdrie scarf, so it's a bit rich you calling me arrogant.

On the other hand, you were quite right to pull me up as regards fans that follow their club loyally rather than jumping on the old firm bandwagon. If that last sentence is how you really feel then good, I'd have no desire to sit next to you either.

Morton.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    In descending order of inspiring my disgust -

Huns - Scotland's shame in every sense
    Yams - Naturally
    Airdrie - A strange wee club which seems to attract the type of bigoted loyalist knuckledragger deemed beyond the pale even for Ibrox
    Motherwell - As above, though to a lesser extent
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

1. Rangers
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Celtic

You have to pity Hearts.