hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ins/Outs - Based on promotion

If we get promoted, who do we want in? And who do we expect to leave?

Personally I think the following:

Out

Scott Gallagher
    Jordon Forster
    Alex Harris
    Sam Stanton
    Danny Handling
    James Keatings
    Brian Graham
    Grant Holt
    Liam Fontaine - dependent on who we could get in
    Plus a couple of youngsters/loans expiring.

I don't think that's unreasonable but would fairly cut our squad especially when you think bids for Cummings and Mcginn are likely

I would like to see us go for the following.

Strikers - We need guys up here that can do different jobs, but overall he confident that every time they're on they can contribute or influence the game in terms of goals

Stephen Dobbie - i get he is old but he has shown he can score goals and get assists. He would be a good option to have imo.

Miles Storey - limited game time at Aberdeen, skillful and stretches the game, can play further wide too. Knows where the net is

Lee Erwin - struggled to make the step up at Leeds. Similar to Storey

Moult/ Boyce - bigger sort of players both scoring regularly for there clubs, could we afford to prize them away? Will they have better options?

Midfield- we are crying out for influential players that can score goals, make things happen and have pace

Craig Sibbald - he always seems to score from midfield, something we lack however I'm not sure where he would play

Gary McKay Steven - crying out for a player like him

Alex Crawford - Regular player for Hamilton who scores regularly

Swanson - linked with him every summer, can score and create

Shinnie - not everyone's cup of tea but imo a good player who will be better in the spl when teams commit more against us

Scott Allan - the only place he has done well

Defence

Cammy Kerr - Seems a solid right back and could provide good competition for Gray who has went off it

Devlin- Doing really well at Hamilton and a young centre half

Peter Grant - replacement for Jordon/fonts

Keepers
    Marciano - would love to see him sign permanently

Danny Rodgers - if we were unable to get

I think the majority there are realistic and could prove and extra dimension, that and a couple more physical players and we would be onto something imo.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    For the starting lineup I'd like to see new fullbacks, wingers, and a new striker.

Marciano; McGregor, Hanlon, Efe (long shot); Shinnie (would be more than happy to retain his services), McGinn, and McGeough; Cummings. That's an extremely strong spine, although unlikely we'll even see half of them here next season.

Would keep Boyle to be used as an impact sub which he's best suited for. Stevenson, SDG, and Fyvie I'd retain as good squad players. Mostly in agreement with you on who should be moved on.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Ins: Mallen, grant, Sibbald, Henderson (to deliver), stokes, Whittaker, kenny Miller, one of the whippets from Morton, aiden nesbitt maybe?

Out:McGinn and Cummings sold for big bucks, Fontaine, Mcgeouch, Holt, Graham, Boyle.

out - holt , graham , fyvie , stanton , insall , keatings , harris

cummings and mcginn we will be lucky to hold on to

would like to see deals done to keep rocky and shinnie in on permanent contracts

in - griffiths , stokes , plus a couple of decent attacking midfielders and some defensive cover for CB/RB and a winger

Out

Holt
    Shinnie
    Keatings
    Harris
    Fontaine
    Humphrey

In

May
    Mallan
    Devlin
    Sibbald

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if we lose SJM anyone reckon his big brother could fill his boots ?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nut, his big brother is a size 10. SJM takes an 8.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Out:
    McLean
    Gallagher
    Ambrose (would love to keep him but no chance he'll stay!)
    Keatings
    Holt
    Graham
    Handling
    Harris
    Stanton
    Insall

Not sure:
    Boyle - works his socks off and his pace is a great asset but his end product is really poor. Got into good crossing or shooting positions half a dozen times yesterday and never delivered the killer pass/cross/shot. Probably worth holding onto but we can't be that wasteful against better teams and expect to win games.

Humphreys - exactly the kind of player I wanted us to bring in but has been up and down and now injured. Probably also worth another year but suspect there may be younger, hungrier players out there.

Fontaine - solid defender but wonder if he'll be happy being on the bench for much of next season.

Shinnie - a tough one. He's grown on me and his performances have improved but I want more goals from our midfield. I would retain him but not sure if we would need to pay a fee for him or what his wage demands would be.

In:
    Marciano (permanently)
    New left back
    New right back (both Lewis and SDG need competition)
    A couple of wide players with 1 left footed
    Goal scoring midfielder
    A target man

Really crucial we keep Mcginn and Cummings. Also should be using whatever medicine or voodoo we can over the summer to get Dylan 100% fit.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Nut, his big brother is a size 10. SJM takes an 8.
    So he would fill them!

New full backs and new wingers. Putting cup final sentiment to one side if we want to progress as a club I'm afraid gray, Stevenson, Boyle are not the quality required.

Another goal scoring striker to partner Cummings. Someone like a Stevie May (that old rumour) who's got experience of getting 15+ in the top league. We can't continue to rely on Cummings as much as we do.

A goal scoring midfielder. Someone who will get 10 goals a season. That's a key difference IMO from bottom 6 finish and 2nd/3rd. Shinnie isn't the answer and if the offer was there I wouldn't sign him permanently. I do like Mallan at st mirren. Sibbald scores goals but from what I've seen of him doesn't offer the quality needed. Danny Swanson or Blair Alston at the Saints would be perfect (ironically we've been linked with both in the past).

A lot will depend though on if Cummings and McGinn get sold. Everyone else is replaceable (perhaps apart from Hanlon) but these guys are at a different level.

Marciano* / Laid law

Whittaker* / Gray
    McGregor (c) / Forster
    Hanson / Fontaine
    Stevenson / LB*

S Allan* / Martin
    Fyvie / Bartley
    McGinn / McGeouch

AM* / Kea tings

S Fletcher* / Holt
    Cummings / Shaw

6 new signings, top 3 spot sorted (tongue in cheek)

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine&Caviar View Post
    Marciano* / Laid law

Whittaker* / Gray
    McGregor (c) / Forster
    Hanson / Fontaine
    Stevenson / LB*

S Allan* / Martin
    Fyvie / Bartley
    McGinn / McGeouch

AM* / Kea tings

S Fletcher* / Holt
    Cummings / Shaw

which hanson are we signing ? not alan i hope

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Not so sure I want to see the wholesale changes that have been mentioned. We then find ourselves struggling and the old transition excuse is bandied about.

I despair, why so many wanting rid of Lewis? Who would you want/who could we afford that is better than the wee man? Funny that one of the perennial whipping boys has a thread all about him and how well he is playing on this very site. Strong contender for MOTM again yesterday.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    I despair, why so many wanting rid of Lewis? Who would you want/who could we afford that is better than the wee man? Funny that one of the perennial whipping boys has a thread all about him and how well he is playing on this very site. Strong contender for MOTM again yesterday.
    Only one person has said they want rid. If we could get Whittaker on the right hand side and a new LB though, I'd be delighted. Would definitely keep LS and SDG as competition, but if we want to challenge for 2nd place I just feel we need to increase the quality of the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    This. Absolute nonsense, the lads been a great servant to Hibs and doesn't deserve these rubbish comments! If Lewis was released today he would walk in to most SPL teams.

I believe our current squad is quite capable of competing in the SPL, as proven by our performances in the cup over the last 2 seasons. Not withstanding that, the SPL is a poor league, and there for the taking, so would love to see ambition from the board by backing Lennon to have a go at Celtic.
    For that to happen it's imperative that we retain JC and do whatever it takes to sign Ambrose, if we can add Blair Alston as well I'd be more than happy.

I'm not sure we need massive wholesale changes. I certainly don't want Sibbald or any of the other creatures that play for Houston.

I'd be interested to see if we could take some of the best players from the championship up with us as it would maybe allow us to "unearth some gems" for relatively cheap?

I wonder how much we'd need to spend to get the likes of Ross Forbes from Morton, sibbald, mallan etc.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine&Caviar View Post
    Marciano* / Laid law

Whittaker* / Gray
    McGregor (c) / Forster
    Hanson / Fontaine
    Stevenson / LB*

S Allan* / Martin
    Fyvie / Bartley
    McGinn / McGeouch

AM* / Kea tings

S Fletcher* / Holt
    Cummings / Shaw

Would not have Scott Allan back. We need players dedicated to the cause, he is not.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Given the risk of doing a 'Butcher' Im not going to make any suggestions for players to leave before the season is over.

In: John Stones
    Jack Grealish
    Ross Barkley
    Memphis Depay
    Kurt Zouma
    Hector Bellerin
    Alexander Mitrovic

I dont see that many in our team that couldnt do a job in the premier, our team is more set up for it than this league

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I dont see that many in our team that couldnt do a job in the premier, our team is more set up for it than this league
    Agree. We have consistently done well against SPL teams. I suspect the team (if we get promoted) will be pretty motivated in the majority of matches, and we know they do well if motivated. Frankly, the players must be fed up playing well organised, highly energetic teams that don't have the confidence to take us on in midfield.

Comon Hibs, get your **** back up to the SPL!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Bring in Miller, Fletcher and Deek
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Testimonial Due
    Erwin,Dobbie & Storey wouldn't want any of them as a striker.Do like the look of Boyce proven goalscorer with his best years still ahead.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Out:-

Gallagher
    Harris
    Stanton
    Handling
    Forster
    Holt
    McLean
    Shinnie
    Cummings (reckon he'll be sold)

In:-
    Marciano (permanent deal)
    Ambrose (permanent deal), if not then Devlin
    Mallan
    Stokes
    GMS
    Whittaker
    Swanson
    Erwin
    Last edited by hfc rd; 26-03-2017 at 11:50 AM.

I'm also surprised to see so many people wanting Fontaine to move on.

We've got 4 very good CHs, and we'll need them all next season as sometimes we may want to play 3 at a time (with one in reserve).

We do need to work out how to get more goals though.

I'd keep Boyle, Keatings, Stevenson for the rest of his career and I'd try get Shinnie and Marciano in permanently as they've looked good this year. Think we need a goal scoring striker and maybe another midfielder. Would definitely in for Efe

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    I'd be interested to see if we could take some of the best players from the championship up with us as it would maybe allow us to "unearth some gems" for relatively cheap?

I wonder how much we'd need to spend to get the likes of Ross Forbes from Morton, sibbald, mallan etc.
    It worked for Jim Duffy...

Peter Grant couldn't lace Fontaines boots, absolutely not.