hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highlights

Highlights

Any online?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Keatings goal gets better with every watch!

Got some stick last week for a poor performance - playing with his back to goal is clearly not his strength - but he does have quality! Excellent delivery for the 1st goal as well.

Blog Entries
    I read the matchday thread & just assumed Keats had a mare. Watched the highlights & in 1 half of football I saw Keatings,
    1. Produce a great cross which could have resulted in a pen for JC being pushed;
    2. Produce another excellent cross which Holt somehow contrived to miss;
    3. Produce possibly the ball of the season for Efe's goal, the pace & accuracy was immense.
    4. Score possibly the goal of the season on his"weak" foot, the bend on the ball in the last yard or so was amazing.

Carry on having a mare James!!

PS, On the debit side he lost Sibbald at their goal but you have to ask why the smallest guy on our team is given a marking job at corners & why we had no one on the near post. Questions for our management team about our set up. Personally I'd put Keatings & Boyle up near the half way line which means the opposition have to have at least 3 players back covering.

Great goal at that stage of the match especially. A superb shot on his weaker foot from Keatings. A really pivotal moment in this season (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for posting, enjoyed that. Great goal to win it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I read the matchday thread & just assumed Keats had a mare. Watched the highlights & in 1 half of football I saw Keatings,
    1. Produce a great cross which could have resulted in a pen for JC being pushed;
    3. Produce possibly the ball of the season for Efe's goal, the pace & accuracy was immense.
    4. Score possibly the goal of the season on his"weak" foot, the bend on the ball in the last yard or so was amazing.

PS, On the debit side he lost Sibbald at their goal but you have to ask why the smallest guy on our team is given a marking job at corners & why we had no one on the near post. Questions for our management team about our set up. Personally I'd put Keatings & Boyle up near the half way line which means the opposition have to have at least 3 players back covering.
    Bit in bold is spot on.
    Difficult to imagine how what they give you defensively in the box could in any way be better than keeping 3 opposition players out of the box covering them and with Boyle especially a hoofed clearance from a corner is a reasonable attacking play.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Bit in bold is spot on.
    Difficult to imagine how what they give you defensively in the box could in any way be better than keeping 3 opposition players out of the box covering them and with Boyle especially a hoofed clearance from a corner is a reasonable attacking play.
    Totally agree with this. How often does the defending team clear the ball upfield from a corner? This is when the attacking team is at their weakest at the back. A player with pace can easily run riot.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Great goal at that stage of the match especially. A superb shot on his weaker foot from Keatings. A really pivotal moment in this season (hopefully).
    What a fantastic goal. If bale had scored a goal like that for Wales he would have lauded. Doubt he's scored a better one in his career.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Cheers Mate !

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Bit in bold is spot on.
    We already had Cummings and Boyle on halfway.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    We already had Cummings and Boyle on halfway.
    Correct as we always do. Keatings had replaced Shinnie who obviously has more defensive nous.

Efe's goal celebration was class , probably the best celebration iv seen at ER since benji against the poppy thieves

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    any footage of the boyle incident where the ref gave a corner instead of a penalty/free kick? interested to see that again

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    any footage of the boyle incident where the ref gave a corner instead of a penalty/free kick? interested to see that again
    Guy won the ball by look of it although you can only see from behind, tbh I thought the same at the game as well.

On a more negative note, WTF was their goal all about?

Sunday league teams deal with corners better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Before the corner Laidlaw unnecessarily tipped the ball out when it was going wide though, don't blame him too much though he looked like he lost his bearings a bit, he should have had a shout from the defence.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Shocking. WTF was Keatings doing?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Brian Graham with a welcome assist for the second.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Guy won the ball by look of it although you can only see from behind, tbh I thought the same at the game as well.

I thought at the time he won the ball, must have been the only person in my part of the stadium not claiming for a penalty.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    I was level with it in the east and thought the lad won the ball. Great tackle at the time but would like to see it again.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Before the corner Laidlaw unnecessarily tipped the ball out when it was going wide though, don't blame him too much though he looked like he lost his bearings a bit, he should have had a shout from the defence.
    I think he had a last minute feeling that the cross might drop in the top corner and took the safe option. I'm glad he did what he did rather than leave it if he wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    I thought at the time he won the ball, must have been the only person in my part of the stadium not claiming for a penalty.
    Same with me. Everybody around me was going nuts. One person that didn't claim at all was Boyle himself which said a lot to me.

I was claiming for it at the time but, given the direction the ball took and Boyle's non-reaction, it was probably the right call.

If I had been the referee, I'd still have pointed to the spot though.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post

Boyle was getting marked by Kerr every corner right on the half way line not once did they try a punt into that space behind. Was doing my head in

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Agree the Boyle wasn't a pen. The one where the right back caught the ball was as blatant as the one we didn't get in the play offs against the same mob.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I think he had a last minute feeling that the cross might drop in the top corner and took the safe option. I'm glad he did what he did rather than leave it if he wasn't sure.
    That's what I meant by losing his bearings as in he wasn't sure if it was going wide or dropping in, thats why a shout from the defender could've helped, like I said, I don't blame him.

I'm afraid I do.Surely he should organise the defence to have players on the posts?

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Efe's goal celebration was class , probably the best celebration iv seen at ER since benji against the poppy thieves
    What? Even better than Jason lifting the imaginary cup to the Jambos?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Correct as we always do. Keatings had replaced Shinnie who obviously has more defensive nous.
    Really what I meant, Shinnie is much taller & more physical than Keats. Just because Keats replaced him doesn't mean he necessarily has to take on his defensive responsibilities. We could & should have sorted that out at h/t.