hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lewis

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disgusted he didn't come out at half time with the other 07 players.

What was he doing?
    Needed to be with the team for the half time team talk I assume.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    His 50/50 tackle in the second half at east stand side was outstanding.
    I said it then and I'll say it now, that was never a 50/50 ball, Lewis had no right to get that ball but he covered the ground like a man possessed and I was surprised that neither player was hurt with that "crack" of a tackle.
    That's what Stevenson gives you though, 100%!

Love lewis. Full house for testimonial game a must

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The manager has described Lewis as one of the best fullbacks in the country, he gets no argument from me. Lewis was tenacious through the tough periods and his attitude more than earns him the right to the great times we've had at the club, recently in particular. Legend.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    Has went unnoticed last 2/3 months constant hard and determined play, not eneryines cup of tea but he gives his lost and isn't scared to make a tackle .. well done wee man
    Just keeps getting better and better despite the boo boys who whenever he makes a mistake are on his back. I thought he was immense today and my man of the match only rivalled by Dylan. I hope he gets a full house on his testimonial, I can't think of anyone deserving of it more in my time watching Hibs.

The only Hibs player even to have won both the Scottish Cup and the League Cup.

In terms of winning trophies only the Famous Five team have won more.

Quote Originally Posted by NRW_Hibbie View Post
    Certainly not the best Hibs player I've ever seen, but probably my favourite. Legend.
    Sums it up for me mate - give me the attitude of 11 lewy's every week...the guy epitomises the word professional

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee niv View Post
    Needed to be with the team for the half time team talk I assume.
    Whoosh moment mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    outstanding.

Has he ever lost a 50/50 ?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He's a great wee player. Hope he signs a new contract asap. Left a couple of Falkirk boys in a heap with strong but fair challenges.

Lewy 💚

I just hope the club used yesterday as an opportunity to get a photo of Lewis with both the League and Scottish cup.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I just hope the club used yesterday as an opportunity to get a photo of Lewis with both the League and Scottish cup.
    I'm sure they had them both at his testimonial dinner and a picture was taken then.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    We had Turnbull's Tornadoes, the Famous Five, the golden generation, all groups of players who achieved legendary status- in terms of winning both cups in the green and white he's in a class of one.

@hibs.net private member Silver Fox's Avatar
    No one has mentioned his defensive qualities yet in this thread, I noticed on a couple of occasions yesterday Lewis tucking in at the back, covering for the centre half's who had been caught out of position on the break, intelligent play.

@hibs.net private member
    Some of these comments could easily have been made about Shades. And that's the biggest compliment I can give Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I am a complete Lewis fanboy anyway these days but since we moved to a 4-4-2 it has suited him big time. Seems more confident and dare I say it, his crossing is improving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spot on on the 4-4-2 bit.

For me he's never a wing back and most of the criticism he gets that's valid is directed at him going forward.
    He's a very good left back - at least by the standard of the game in Scotland.

I do also like that he's consistent and plays with commitment.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I hope he reads these comments and realises just how much he's valued

@hibs.net private member
    I don't go to testimonials but will certainly be at his. Hopefully it will be after the league has finished but before the cup final

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    Some of these comments could easily have been made about Shades. And that's the biggest compliment I can give Lewis.

AND that IS thee BIGGEST compliment anyone can pay Lewis. Shades was an awesome sight coming at you for a 50/50 ball and that tackle yesterday was reminiscent of one of Erich's best!

Lewis is a tough wee character and we dont often see him angry or aggressive but when he is, boy he is!

Its good to see so many positive comments about him, which he deserves completely.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    AND that IS thee BIGGEST compliment anyone can pay Lewis. Shades was an awesome sight coming at you for a 50/50 ball and that tackle yesterday was reminiscent of one of Erich's best!

Lewis is a tough wee character and we dont often see him angry or aggressive but when he is, boy he is!

Its good to see so many positive comments about him, which he deserves completely.
    Thought it was a mixed performance from Lewis yesterday .

Did lots of things very well but a few poor passes.

Would need to see the tackle that crocked Sibbald ( who is an utter fud btw) again but my initial reaction was that it was a bad tackle?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Lewis is a warrior. Gives everything and never shirks a challenge. He's a dedicated Hibs man and also a gentleman off the field.

There may well never be another player who notches up 350 + games for the Hibees. The man merits our full respect.

@hibs.net private member
    I remember seeing him for the first time on the pre season tour of Dublin and being instantly impressed with him.

Like many others have said, ability wise is he the best Hibs player we've seen? Probably not even close.

But for grit, determination, passion, heart? You won't find anyone like him. A true, bonafide Hibernian legend and we are very lucky to have him.

Had a great game yesterday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Very fast becoming my favourite Hibs player ever.

I have a feeling that in 20-30 years and beyond that Lewis will be spoken of as one of our all time Hibernian Greats.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    when the day comes for him to retire, we should be naming one of the stands after him IMO.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    I'm absolutely astounded that there are still people who don't rate Lewis.

He was superb again today as he has been for about 350 of his 355 games in a Hibs shirt.

A real Hibernian legend.

The haters seem to keep quiet these days.

Used to be that someone would start a 'Lewis must go' thread after every loss, thankfully that doesn't happen anymore.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    when the day comes for him to retire, we should be naming one of the stands after him IMO.
    We should rename something at the training centre after him; if all youngsters showed the same attitude, honesty, humility and loyalty that he has then we'd be the biggest producer of young talent around. Would be a great reminder.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Thought it was a mixed performance from Lewis yesterday .

Did lots of things very well but a few poor passes.

Would need to see the tackle that crocked Sibbald ( who is an utter fud btw) again but my initial reaction was that it was a bad tackle?

Performance was as mixed as the rest of the team's i would say and the good things he did well out weighed the bad in the end.

In that tackle you mention he won the ball fair and square as they say, but when your having a look again at it please have another look too at the tackles they put in on him!

These i would say were bad tackles too, but he didnt writhe about the park like some yesterday. No he just got up and got on with it.

Lewis is a funny one. He's played in the Hibs teams that gave me my two best Hibs supporting moments with two cup wins. But he's also played in the Hibs teams that have given me my worst Hibs supporting moments.

I think it is a position we can improve. But his reliability will get him another contract.