hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I love hibs

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    on a practical level celtic and rangers are basically one and the same - a malignant tumour on scottish football for which the press and authorities have developed a weird stockholm syndrome.

on an aesthetic level, i much prefer celtic, but i imagine that's because they behave much better towards us than rangers. they're still awash with sectarianism and all that nonsense though - some hearts supporting friends of mine were on a supporters bus to park head and had folk outside pretending to shoot them IRA style etc. etc.

a joke of an institution.

thanks for posting though

2. Log in to remove the advert

Going onto another team's forum, giving yourself a username dedicated to a side other than your own, then actually declaring your love for them...

Celtic fans are, has to be said, a little odd.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Strange that the OP says nice things about Hibs, nothing about religion, nothing sectarian, admits to having had a few beers then gets ripped apart by the usual suspects on account of his perceived sectarianism.

All this pat on the heed paranoia. The OP said something nice. If you've an inferiority complex keep it to yourself weaklings. We've had all sorts post on here from other clubs in the past. Old Babs has said nothing to get upset about.

ADMINS - why is this poster being abused? He's been called a 'Kaant' amongst other things and he doesn't support the ****ing Hertz. I thought we had rules about flaming, bullying, suchlike?

Not sure why a fan of another team, giving what seems to be genuine praise to our club, would provoke such a strong reaction in folk...

I've seen/ spoke to fans of plenty other Scottish teams, Motherwell, Killie, Dons to name a few who've been complimentary of our fans, SOL etc. Why is it only considered patronising when it's a Celtic fan?

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeebabs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not going to lie lads I'm a Celtic fan who's had a few beers ha, but I love hibs, I love the way you hate the Huns both sets, I love that you have taken to big efe and Neil Lennon ( escpecially big efe who I think gets unfair criticism I remember him against Barca one word quality ) most of all I loved sunshine on leith at the cup final, it was truly spine tingling. heres to promotion and a green and white cup final.
    Cheers dude..can't stand either of the old firm but appreciate your words. Maybe one day you will get bored and come support a proper team with its heart in the right place 😇

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    😂😂 it most certainly has not, but it hasn't put me off can totally understand the hate. Just genuinely like the club.
    Let some of the comments bounce off your back bud. Cheers for the kind words 👍 I love the Hibs too!!

Thanks to the people who have welcomed me to this site. And those who have not I totally understand, nothing that bad was said anyway. I will say as just a football fan the rendition of sunshine on leith at the cup final was up there with the best I've heard and was probably the main thing that made me write these soppy posts haha. Glory glory.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Thanks to the people who have welcomed me to this site. And those who have not I totally understand, nothing that bad was said anyway. I will say as just a football fan the rendition of sunshine on leith at the cup final was up there with the best I've heard and was probably the main thing that made me write these soppy posts haha. Glory glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Strange that the OP says nice things about Hibs, nothing about religion, nothing sectarian, admits to having had a few beers then gets ripped apart by the usual suspects on account of his perceived sectarianism.

All this pat on the heed paranoia. The OP said something nice. If you've an inferiority complex keep it to yourself weaklings. We've had all sorts post on here from other clubs in the past. Old Babs has said nothing to get upset about.

ADMINS - why is this poster being abused? He's been called a 'Kaant' amongst other things and he doesn't support the ****ing Hertz. I thought we had rules about flaming, bullying, suchlike?
    Spot on. Nothing wrong with disliking Celtic, obviously a very large portion of Scottish football fans do so, but there's been an awful lot of reading into nothing on a completely innocent post.

Thanks for the words OP. I love Liam Henderson, can't return the same sentiments about Celtic, but at least it's something.

Shouldn't you call yourself Celtic babs?

No offence but your post comes across as a tad patronising. However, it's totally understandable as we are probably the most stylish football club in the UK. A truly inclusive institution that has a place in popular culture.

Come to ER for your football fix. Sounds like you're halfway there already.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Who's really being abusive here?

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar

i think it's because most of us will have experienced a celtic fan telling us fondly that hibs are their 'second team', almost expecting us to feel the same way or something...it's very irritating, and shows how utterly blind they are to the awful impact they and their sister club have on scottish football. if they really gave the remotest of hoots about other clubs or scottish football or anything that is good in life in general, they could ditch that mob altogether and support a real team. that's what my ex-hun uncle did when the old co went bust - he had had enough of their toxic crap and bought a season ticket at hearts, and doesn't even check the score for sevco games. fair play to him i say, even if he did go to the gunts.

this has nothing to do with inferiority complexes and paranoia - anyone who supports either of those teams should be reminded of what they are actually supporting at any given opportunity IMO

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I agree that there's nothing wrong with discussing football with fans of other teams in a respectful manner, but can you imagine any league in the world where a fan of the biggest team comes on to the forum of the 4th or 5th biggest team to pat them on the head ...... I cant, and to me it is symptomatic of how much of an irrelevance fans of the old form see other clubs as ... its patronising.

I haven't seen any bigoted or sectarian comments either, so I'm not sure where you are getting that from.
    As I said, I can see where some may think it's a patronising post - I personally don't. Read my post again, I never said there were any sectarian/bigoted postings per se. I said we should welcome other teams' fans' posts with the respect they deserve and not allow ourselves to mirror those sites or supporters who possess fixed mindsets about anyone who isnt 'one of their own'.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I don't mind fans of other teams adding to the forum debate. It can be good to opinions from others and so get a fresh viewpoint. We have a few Jambos on the forum, as well as fans of several other clubs. What happened to Van Nishtlerooy, the Killie fan? Provided they aren't only posting to create problems, I'm fine with it.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Can't understand this Celtic love in going on.. I feel about them the way I feel about the huns.
    Celtic fans copy everything from other clubs, and think they did it first. Get your own ideas.

Nah, no love back from me!
    Last edited by Swedish hibee; 26-03-2017 at 01:22 PM.

First Team Breakthrough 21.5.16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Heres to promotion and Hibs winning the cup, couldn't care less about a green and white final.
    This 👌👏

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

As many have stated in the past, my hatred for the lesser greens is as great as Rangers / The Rangers.

I only have to recall that day with the CS Gas cannister being chucked into the East to remember that they have elements in their supporter that are vile horrible people. Don't ever forget when Hibs fans, young and old escaped onto the pitch trying to get away from the gas, the Celtic end start signing "We are Celtic supporters". Vile horrible people. Please don't get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    I don't understand it. WTF is happening to us? Ok some might think the op may be a wee bit patronising but Christ, it appears to be a genuine attempt to engage in a wee bit discussion with fellow football supporters from another fan base. If s/he is at it, fair enough but at least give them the benefit of the doubt and show some class by responding in a more respectful manner. By all means engage in some banter but let's not turn our forum into a parochial and sectarian/bigoted site like some others we quite rightly condemn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    As I said, I can see where some may think it's a patronising post - I personally don't. Read my post again, I never said there were any sectarian/bigoted postings per se. I said we should welcome other teams' fans' posts with the respect they deserve and not allow ourselves to mirror those sites or supporters who possess fixed mindsets about anyone who isnt 'one of their own'.
    Well, no you never directly said it ..... but for some reason you suggested that by not welcoming the guys post with open arms and basking in the warm glow of praise from a fan of the mighty Celtic this forum would be heading in the direction of certain other fans forums ..... your reply to my post still doesn't explain how you can form that conclusion.

I don't have a problem with the guy praising Sunshine on Leith, fans of loads of other clubs have done the same .... I wouldn't have a problem if he was praising our style of football or Keatings winner on Saturday, that's fine. But in the context of Scottish football as arguably the country's 4th biggest club we should be seen by Celtic fans as one of their closest rivals, not of so little consequence that we can be treated like some sort of 'pet club' ............ I wonder if he thought for a second that Celtic's hopes of a treble would be put in danger by a meeting with Hibs at Hampden if he would be so keen on an all green final.

His sense of affinity with Hibs is set out in his first sentence where he says ...... 'I love the way you hate the Huns, both sets' .... the inference being that this puts us into some sort of club where hating who Celtic hate or who hates Celtic gets you membership. We hate the Huns because they hate us and the reason they hate us is because they look on us as some sort of diet Celtic making us worthy of their sectarian bile .... Celtic fans think that makes us buddies ... it doesn't because as clearly seems to be the case their one sided affinity with us is just the other side of the same coin .... 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' doesn't work in football ... the Huns hating us certainly doesn't give me any feeling of affinity with Celtic. As for Hearts ... we hate Hearts because they are our derby rivals and that's all.

I welcome input from fans of any club on here, including Celtic, if they want to talk about football or tell us how brilliant we are.... not so much if they want to promote some sort of cozy alliance based on nothing more than the fact we are both hated by the same club.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Absolutely cannot stand Celtc. The smug faux moral superiority coming from the fans, their political posturing and their huge sense of entitlement are odious. At least fans of The Rangers don't pretend to be anything but what they are.

The Ugly Sisters share equal responsibility for the wrecked and rigged state of Scottish Football. A mutually arranged stitch up to suit themselves at the expense of every other club.

And after decades and decades of mainlining on the sectarian division they so happily benefited from we've ended up with a game that is a one-and-a-half party state in which both of these grotesquely inflated clubs now want to complain that the competition isn't strong enough for them.

Don't tell us who we hate or don't hate. The day I welcome being patronised by Celtc supporters is the day I give up on football.
    Could not agree with you more. The founders of Celtc FC intended their club to be built on the ashes of ours. They abused the goodwill of the Hibernian committee and by illegally poaching our players came nearer to destroying Hibs than anyone else since. I have no love for Celtc whatsoever, and I really dislike the tendency of some Hibs fans to ape the sectarian bigotry of the Glasgow club. And I REALLY don't like it when one of them comes on here patronising us and talking down to us about how much they 'love' Hibs and how the 'green-and-whites' should stand together.

Understand that I was honestly not being patronising at all. I've never considered the wee cousin thing. ( do I want hibs to beat Hearts of course but I hate hearts, do I want hibs to beat rangers yes but no more than any other team)
    And I'm still trying to work out the thought-processes (using the word 'thought' very loosely there, pal) of a Soapdodger with a user name 'Hibeebabs'.

Would he have posted it on a Hearts forum? Naw, and no Celtic fan ever would, yet they feel the need to do it on a Hibs forum thinking we're some sort of wee feeder club.

Can't stand Celtic and the way they pretend to be some pillar of society when in reality they are just as bad as their blue brothers.

If you were really that proud to support Celtic, and just wanted to be 'friendly' then why on earth would you call yourself 'Hibee'Babs... Exactly, no reason other than to be a patronising wee ****.

All this 'I love how we both hate the Huns' and all this ***** is what infuriates me. Hibs and rangers both hate Celtic, I don't see any Huns come on and claim some sort of affinity and if they did they would get exactly the same treatment.

Any Hibs fans who pretend to 'like' Celtic need to have a quick skim over their history and how they tried to end us as a club in the very early days, and various incidents between the fans since then and then come back with the same likings.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Not really,

Fan of another club comes on here to say nice things about us. No need to be rude.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Not sure why a fan of another team, giving what seems to be genuine praise to our club, would provoke such a strong reaction in folk...

I've seen/ spoke to fans of plenty other Scottish teams, Motherwell, Killie, Dons to name a few who've been complimentary of our fans, SOL etc. Why is it only considered patronising when it's a Celtic fan?
    Saved me posting the same thing. Some people need should have word.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Going onto another team's forum, giving yourself a username dedicated to a side other than your own, then actually declaring your love for them...

Celtic fans are, has to be said, a little odd.
    Would you prefer if he pretended to be a hibby just to win us over. There are guys from here who visit other fans websites, should they expect to be abused because they support hibs? Would be a bit off if they were.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Who's really being abusive here?
    Ha!

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    At least fans of The Rangers don't pretend to be anything but what they are.
    Yes they do. Fans of the Thes, like fans of Rangers before them, think they're a part of some 'dignified institution'.

to be fair , celtic played their part in 21.05.16 with hendo and stokes . For that i am eternally grateful . i enjoyed watching them stick 5 past the huns too

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    to be fair , celtic played their part in 21.05.16 with hendo and stokes . For that i am eternally grateful . i enjoyed watching them stick 5 past the huns too
    Considering that Celtic are front runners to sook up any young talent Hibs ( or any other club in Scotland for that matter ) uncover, including a promising 14 year old kid recently, I for one consider the fortunate loan of Stokes and Hendo last season to be nothing more than our due from them ..... the same with Commons and Ambrose this season ..... one thing is certain, they loan us players because its good business and advantageous to them in that it either helps develop the player as in the case of Henderson or puts them in the shop window as in the case of Stokes and Ambrose ..... I highly doubt kindness is at the forefront of their thinking.

Any part Celtic played in Hibs winning the cup last season is purely coincidental .... in fact if they did make any contribution to Hibs winning the cup it was in somehow allowing themselves to be beaten in the semis by a Sevco team they should have been able to brush aside easily.

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Would you prefer if he pretended to be a hibby just to win us over. There are guys from here who visit other fans websites, should they expect to be abused because they support hibs? Would be a bit off if they were.
    There is the possibility of being civilised, respectful and honest - being a decent poster basically - without resorting to cringy gushing. I'd wager that is the very pretending you're speaking of.

And declaring your "love" for another club isn't a bit off?

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    I don't mind fans of other clubs (even Hearts or Sevco) posting on here, providing they are both polite to us and honest about their allegiance. The OP's user name fails the second test - I'd have some respect if they had registered as "CeltcBabs".

And the OP openly states that "I love the way you hate the Huns both sets". I feel the same way about Celtc that I do about the two teams that they mention, so I'm just being consistent in my initial reaction to someone who only has nice things to say about us based on what they think we have in common (Ambrose, Lennon). Newsflash - we're Hibs and have nothing in common with a bunch of soapdodging bigots of either persuasion.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I don't mind fans of other clubs (even Hearts or Sevco) posting on here, providing they are both polite to us and honest about their allegiance. The OP's user name fails the second test - I'd have some respect if they had registered as "CeltcBabs".

And the OP openly states that "I love the way you hate the Huns both sets". I feel the same way about Celtc that I do about the two teams that they mention, so I'm just being consistent in my initial reaction to someone who only has nice things to say about us based on what they think we have in common (Ambrose, Lennon). Newsflash - we're Hibs and have nothing in common with a bunch of soapdodging bigots of either persuasion.
    Pretty much all of this. I don't feel the need to abuse her but it's to be expected.