hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brian Graham

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Holt focuses too much time on bullying defenders. I also lost count of the number of decent deliveries Stevenson put in (he was terrrific today and my MOTM) only for Holt to be standing 10 yards away from him and nowhere near the dangerous areas he needs to be in.

He has made a really solid contribution but give him a rest on Wednesday and let Graham show us what he can do.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I appreciate that Holt has been effective in a number of games and his link up play has contributed to us creating chances. However, we need a number 9 that can do this run of the mill work whilst also contributing a reasonable goal return. 3/4 goals so far this season, in the championship.....nobody can deny that's poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Falkirk defended well as a whole.

They kept Cummings quiet today but it looks like Holt is the easier target.
    Was just gonna post the same mate...I was equally frustrated at Holt today but he was no worse than Cummings who was pretty anonymous

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Was just gonna post the same mate...I was equally frustrated at Holt today but he was no worse than Cummings who was pretty anonymous

Didn't help that the service received by Cummings yesterday amounted to a load of hoofs aimed at his lovely quiff. I'd say Graham deserves a proper chance on Wednesday. I'm sure he's scored more than Holt despite being on the bench all season and proved yesterday to be a bigger nuisance to the opposition defence.

My criticism of Graham is he's a big lad but doesn't seem to put himself about as much as he should. Seems a bit mouse hearted. Actually he was much better yesterday at this so maybe it's something that Lennon has identified.

Not easy for him making short cameo appearances every other week though and I'd start him on Wednesday as I really don't think holt can do two games a week.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    Would love to see graham getting a start, if only so huddy holt doesn't get a game.... so many people love him but I just don't see it.... anyway fantastic result combined with Morton losing today....

Deary me.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That's really harsh. I like holt and I see what he brings to the team, but what makes you think your opinion of him is anymore valid or informed than anyone else's?
    Yes, and where was the need for the random attack on Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Yes, and where was the need for the random attack on Harris?
    As an aside where the f### is Harris??

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That's really harsh. I like holt and I see what he brings to the team, but what makes you think your opinion of him is anymore valid or informed than anyone else's?
    Because every thread on here about a forward player turns into a let's slag grant holt thread.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    I agree that Graham was excellent when he came on, massive contribution.

I also think, however, he was so successful in the air as their CH's were blowing hard by the time he came on, largely down to Holts graft in the 1st 70 mins.

Just my opinion but I think that was part of the managers game plan. Excellent tactics against they hoofers. Just my opinion mind.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    I agree that Graham was excellent when he came on, massive contribution.

I also think, however, he was so successful in the air as their CH's were blowing hard by the time he came on, largely down to Holts graft in the 1st 70 mins.

Just my opinion but I think that was part of the managers game plan. Excellent tactics against they hoofers. Just my opinion mind.
    I agree. He seems to play better coming on when we are chasing the game and defenders are tiring a bit. He hasn't really done it when he starts a game.

@hibs.net private member Eaststand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    As an aside where the f### is Harris??

After reading that post, has anyone else now got the Alice, Alice who the ****** was Alice (the daft wee party song) in their heads now :-0

GGTTH

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post
    After reading that post, has anyone else now got the Alice, Alice who the ****** was Alice (the daft wee party song) in their heads now :-0

GGTTH
    😂😂👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Because every thread on here about a forward player turns into a let's slag grant holt thread.

Absolutely spot on mate. Well said. It's pretty tedious now.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststand View Post

GGTTH
    I didn't, but I do now.

United we stand here....

Holt was poor yesterday but has been generally good over the season. I agree that he'd be better if he had at least one midfielder trying to get beyond him, which never seems to happen. I also agree that Grant had a brilliant game against him yesterday - he seemed ready for the battle, knew what to expect and got stuck in.

Not sure I'd drop Holt after (imo) one bad game but Graham did make a difference when he came on, which was good to see.

I think the jury is out on a few players for next season. We have a few players who clearly offer something but don't show anything like enough consistency, or who have strengths but glaring deficiencies in their game. Shinnie, Holt, Keatings and Graham all fall into this category.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Why was he booked when Keatings scored?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Why was he booked when Keatings scored?
    For leaving the pitch

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Holt was a disgrace yesterday.

I work out what the hell he's up to. He won 1 header all game and he barely even tried to win any others. And wtf is this popping up on the wings pish. No wonder he's only managed 1 league goal from open play in the league this year. He looks absolutely terrified of the box. When he gets in there he makes no effort to make himself available for a cross.

I can't believe it took til the 70th minute to sub him.

Graham changed the game when he came on. He won nearly every header he went for. Has to start on Wed.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    Holt was a disgrace yesterday.

I work out what the hell he's up to. He won 1 header all game and he barely even tried to win any others. And wtf is this popping up on the wings pish. No wonder he's only managed 1 league goal from open play in the league this year. He looks absolutely terrified of the box. When he gets in there he makes no effort to make himself available for a cross.

I can't believe it took til the 70th minute to sub him.

Graham changed the game when he came on. He won nearly every header he went for. Has to start on Wed.
    A bit strong.

He had a poor game, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

But I prefer to save the disgrace comments for Rowan Vine wandering around stroking his beard and Paul Tosh jumping out of tackles.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    The referee signaled that Falkirk could play the game Houston wanted by not booking the first brutal challenge in the first few seconds. Holt was trying to fight off the hits from the back and didn't find it easy to win any balls. The passing game we like to play was made difficult by frequent fouling and the pitch surface wasn't great. Graham deserves a chance after his play yesterday but I don't think he will keep Holt on the bench for long.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    A bit strong.

He had a poor game, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

But I prefer to save the disgrace comments for Rowan Vine wandering around stroking his beard and Paul Tosh jumping out of tackles.
    It probably is but as the lack of effort he put in to winning headers was embarrassing. He rarely even jumped. Just waved his arms about once he was beaten. Graham came on and one every single one.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    He flicked the ball onto Keatings to score the winner. I counted he lost 2 headers, Did Holt win that many up top ???

iirc he won one header(1st half) and had the cheek to wave his hands about at JC for not realising he would eventually win a flick on

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Holt was brutal again today. Thought he was great at home to Hearts but he has far too many games like today. It goes without saying that he offers no goal threat, ridiculous for a striker really, but lately he has contributed very little. I'd start Graham on Wednesday because he's due his chance and because he can't be any worse than Holt was today.

Amazing how guys who are subs become great players when someone has a bad game! Holt more than anyone has helped us win the games that matter this year, sure he is past his very best but he has been good enough to do the job he has been brought in to do. Think you should do a wee poll with our our players and I think you will find they all appreciate his influence on our team and season. If Graham was better than Holt don't you think Lennon would have played him from the start more often? That said Graham has also done his bit this season (as have all the players) and may start on Wednesday as Holt doesn't get asked to play three games in eight days too often.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebakerboy View Post
    If Holt actually did all the things people say he does he would be great but as he is a target man/striker he needs to be up front and not in right back, centre midfield, and other positions . If he took up the position he is supposed to (ie the no9 position ) he would be do much more for the team. So often when we play the long ball the only player challenging is Jason Cummings and he wins very little in the air.
    Absobloodylutely.

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    He flicked the ball onto Keatings to score the winner. I counted he lost 2 headers, Did Holt win that many up top ???
    Leahy had hold in his pocket all day

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCalderHibby View Post
    Leahy had hold in his pocket all day
    Holt didn't play against Leahy....Leahy was playing left back against Boyle surely...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holt has provided pretty much what I thought he would when we signed him, certainly has done a decent job and I would probably rather he starts most of the upcoming matches over Graham. I'm glad that Graham made a good contribution when he came on, hopefully he can continue to deliver when called upon, be it from the start or off the bench.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Holt didn't play against Leahy....Leahy was playing left back against Boyle surely...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yup. I think it was Grant?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    It probably is but as the lack of effort he put in to winning headers was embarrassing. He rarely even jumped. Just waved his arms about once he was beaten. Graham came on and one every single one.
    It's hard to jump with someone hanging onto your shoulders!