hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fraser Aird screamed and shouted at both of them then clapped sarcastically towards both the ref and linesman on a number of occasions when they gave Hibs a throw in or free kick. Not crime of the century but I am sure I remember a player being booked for this a few years ago for dissent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The ref and his officials were a disgrace to their so called profession, the blatant cheating today was just another example of the west coast bias against Hibs. A yellow for that 1st bad challenge in the 1st few minutes would've nipped all the heavy handed tactics in the bud but as soon as he let him off with just a word in his ear, Falkirk thought they could get away with anything. At one point their RB sarcastically clapped towards the linesman for a decision he made, surely that's dissent and worthy of a yellow but nothing.

That was easily up there with the worst ref performances I have ever saw. It wasn't just one bad decision it was multiple, it started in the first minute when Boyle skins skins the left back and just continued through the game. Falkirk were very lucky to have 11 on the pitch with the niggly and blatant fouls.
    The penalty he missed on Jason was a joke as well I was in FF lower and it was a stonewaller and have no idea how it was missed.

Blog Entries
    Clancy is supposedly one of our top refs but he's hopeless. He, wrongly, sent off SJM last season vs today's opponents but as usual there's no sanction for the incompetence of the officials. The only consolation is that we scored in the 92d minute of both these games, how sweet was that today!,

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The east stand linesman got pelters the while game but didnt really do anything wrong.
    Haha the 3 offsides he missed on the trot in the first half cos he didn't keep up with play ..isscpttish football struggling that much for linesman ..they all seem to struggle to make decisions and very few flag for freekicks ..

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    What if he thought the defender didn't foul him. (We got a corner IIRC) maybe he thought he got the ball befiore contact with Cummings.
    Ocht. Wheesht with your reasonableness. PENALTY!!!!!!!!!

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Haha the 3 offsides he missed on the trot in the first half cos he didn't keep up with play ..isscpttish football struggling that much for linesman ..they all seem to struggle to make decisions and very few flag for freekicks ..
    Not sure there were any though, I was in line with at least 1.

The ref was an absolute joke.

He's setting himself up for big problems if he is going to book players that go down outside the box when there isn't much contact as he done with Cummings.

Problem is, he doesn't apply the rules consistently, only booked him cause it was Cummings.

Big Efe had 2 fouls in quick succession at the end that stopped there attacks, either could have been a booking but he didn't get booked at all.

He insisted a Falkirk free kick be taken again as it was 1 yard away from where it should have been then the retaken free kick was even further away.

Hippolyte was allowed to take a quick throw in about 10 yards further down the line than where the ball went out, they very nearly scored from it aswell.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Ocht. Wheesht with your reasonableness. PENALTY!!!!!!!!!
    😂😂

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The ref and his officials were a disgrace to their so called profession, the blatant cheating today was just another example of the west coast bias against Hibs. A yellow for that 1st bad challenge in the 1st few minutes would've nipped all the heavy handed tactics in the bud but as soon as he let him off with just a word in his ear, Falkirk thought they could get away with anything. At one point their RB sarcastically clapped towards the linesman for a decision he made, surely that's dissent and worthy of a yellow but nothing.
    Pretty sure Falkirk isn't on the West Coast.

Assume that Hibs will appeal the Cummings yellow if they think it wasn't merited...

Hibs committed 11 fouls And had 3 bookings

Falkirk 22 fouls and 4 bookings

Hibs 3 bookings:

Cummings for being tripped up.

Boyle for sticking up for his team mates and not letting Houstons Hammer Throwers bully us

Graham for mistaken identity or celebrating our winner or something mysterious that only the ref knows

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I think he has it in for us. Look at the replay of the winning goal. He looks visibly upset that we've scored.

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I thought it could well have been a booking. Cynical. However a quick word would have sufficed. What I did find astonishing was when Baird in the follow up lifted his hands to Shinnie right under the refs nose. He should have walked. The fact he booked him and Shinnie led me to think he really had lost the plot. That was a minute into the game!!!!
    A word with Cummings would again have sufficed if he thought he dived. Its not like it was in the box. He failed to book a Falkirk boy for diving a wee while later. Its the inconsistemcy that boils my piss.

He didn't book either of them though. And then booked Boyle for doing exactly what Baird had done. D!ck.
    At Easter Road They Play.....

Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post

Did I say they were, my post was aimed at the referees and their assistants, the fact that they were awful/biased allowed Falkirk to get away with kicking us all over the park, with only a couple of yellows shown.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    Assume that Hibs will appeal the Cummings yellow if they think it wasn't merited...
    Can't appeal yellows, only reds.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Pathetic from Clancy yet again.

Let them constantly foul without taking appropriate action. Taiwo could/should have been sent off, their bench realised it, and subbed him (How many times have opposition teams done this against us). Missed a couple of Hib penalty shouts, was pernickety and not in full control.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    I'm sure you can appeal a yellow when it's for a dive.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post
    Most sensible post on this thread!!

The performance from the officials was what I've come to expect sadly, i.e. rank rotten, and at times bordering on the suspicious.

@hibs.net private member
    Our next referee is Nick Walsh. Can't say I have heard of him. Strange appointment for an important match. Also why can they not have 4th officials when there are no premier matches

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To be honest, it is down to our board to fight these injustices. I wish they would.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm sure you can appeal a yellow when it's for a dive.
    I think so too.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    To be honest, it is down to our board to fight these injustices. I wish they would.
    The problem with the Board fighting them is that we wouldn't get to hear of it. What's needed is the manager to as questions/ make comments during post match interviews, particularly when we win, about incidents. How the "tackle" by Gasparotto was only a booking is incredible and the sort of thing that could be highlighted quite easily during post match interview. i.e. "Shinnie might miss / make the Morton game, he seemed to be the target of particular attention today. the tackle by Gasparotto could easily have been a red card."

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieFitbaTeam View Post
    He didn't book either of them though. And then booked Boyle for doing exactly what Baird had done. D!ck.
    Not able to say what was said, but if bad language is used that could be the reason for the booking.

Some referees will take abuse and be OK with it, but when bad language is used it can be deemed personal.

Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    Wrong, if it's for simulation you can.

If they don't then can we agree it was a dive.

Boyle run 15 yards to get involved when the ref already had a yellow card in his pocket ready to book a Falkirk player.

No idea about the Graham caution other than if he's went into the crowd it's a yellow card.

Some of the comments on the ref are OTT and only being seen with green glasses on.
    Last edited by StevieCowan; 26-03-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Pretty sure the Cummings booking was correct.From behind it looked as if he deliberately tripped himself.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Pretty sure the Cummings booking was correct.From behind it looked as if he deliberately tripped himself.
    Yup.

Lucky to stay on the park IMO.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post

Hibs 3 bookings:

Boyle for sticking up for his team mates and not letting Houstons Hammer Throwers bully us

Graham for mistaken identity or celebrating our winner or something mysterious that only the ref knows
    Boyles was the most annoying due to the fact that little rat number 9 for them done the same in the first minute

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post

Hibs 3 bookings:

Boyles was the most annoying due to the fact that little rat number 9 for them done the same in the first minute