hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    We are going to skoosh it. Said it for months. The rest of the league are rubbish.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    It's been ours to lose for quite a while now, but we've shown a degree of fragility and an inability to break down massed defences (that get away with all sorts of illegalities thanks to the Masons in the black/yellow/whatever) which is why many folks are still extremely nervous.

We have 58 points with 7 games to play and 21 points to play for.

Morton's present maximum possible is 72 points. Worst case (Morton winning all their games including the two against us) we need to win ALL our other matches.

If we beat Morton on Wednesday evening we'll have 61, their maximum will be 69, so we'd then need to win just 3 more games to be safe from them.

Falkirk can only make 66, so we'd need to win only 3 games to be sure of finishing ahead of them.

United can make 68, which means we need 4 to be sure of finishing ahead of them.

Wednesday evening's the absolute key - win our home game against Morton and we can really begin to relax and even celebrate. This is on the assumption that at least one of our main rivals go unbeaten from now until the end of the season.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    League title was always going to be ours this season, it's just a matter of when.

Can't believe some folk still think that one of the distant chasing pack are going to win 7 on the bounce whilst we lose at least 3 out of the seven. It's just not going to happen.

Focus is 100% on the semi final for me.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is over, and it's all but official that we're Champions. Why so cautious? Let your hair down and enjoy it. Not mathematical, but it's over.
    Anything but official isn't official. I'll celebrate when we cannot be caught.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It's over hibs will be champions and we need to start looking towards next seasons assault on the premier league title.

United we stand here....

Ever since the 2003 new year derby when we were 2 up and coasting it in extra time I always contain myself and believe its best to keep totally focused and think nothing's won until it's won. That's what Neil Lennon will have us do.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Ever since the 2003 new year derby when we were 2 up and coasting it in extra time I always contain myself and believe its best to keep totally focused and think nothing's won until it's won. That's what Neil Lennon will have us do.
    Lennon just said win on Weds and he thinks that it

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    It's been ours to lose for quite a while now, but we've shown a degree of fragility and an inability to break down massed defences (that get away with all sorts of illegalities thanks to the Masons in the black/yellow/whatever) which is why many folks are still extremely nervous.

We have 58 points with 7 games to play and 21 points to play for.

Morton's present maximum possible is 72 points. Worst case (Morton winning all their games including the two against us) we need to win ALL our other matches.

If we beat Morton on Wednesday evening we'll have 61, their maximum will be 69, so we'd then need to win just 3 more games to be safe from them.

Falkirk can only make 66, so we'd need to win only 3 games to be sure of finishing ahead of them.

United can make 68, which means we need 4 to be sure of finishing ahead of them.

Wednesday evening's the absolute key - win our home game against Morton and we can really begin to relax and even celebrate. This is on the assumption that at least one of our main rivals go unbeaten from now until the end of the season.
    Our nearest rivals have all to play each other between now and the end of the season. Ok, I've now been fortified with a few wee goldies but if we beat Morton on Wednesday then surely the title will be as good as won.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    We are going to skoosh it. Said it for months. The rest of the league are rubbish.
    You not invited round to the cup winning party tonight 😉

It's as much to do with the rest of the league being rubbish than our performances. I said 8 points margin early in the season and I'll stick to that. It was always about getting up and we've one foot in the Premiership after today.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Haha ok. I'll celebrate now 👍

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    And so will I. I've had to many disappointment in my life to assume anything.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    It is over, and it's all but official that we're Champions. Why so cautious? Let your hair down and enjoy it. Not mathematical, but it's over.
    Just to be pedantic for pedantry' sake, it's not mathematics it's arithmetic. So, we should be saying, "I'm not having a celebratory wenk till it's arithmetically certain we can't be caught!" Oh, and,

Houston with your discourteous rants against us ya fud!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    Just to be pedantic for pedantry' sake, it's not mathematics it's arithmetic. So, we should be saying, "I'm not having a celebratory wenk till it's arithmetically certain we can't be caught!" Oh, and,

Houston with your discourteous rants against us ya fud!

I like !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    OK not mathematically but no chance of us getting caught. Even a draw would be enough.
    Today was much bigger than Wednesday's game imo. I said Flakirk were our biggest challengers last week and was delighted Morton beat them. Time to get the slippers on at last and enjoy the run in for once, I hope it's finally clinched at ER though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Our nearest rivals have all to play each other between now and the end of the season. Ok, I've now been fortified with a few wee goldies but if we beat Morton on Wednesday then surely the title will be as good as won.

Absolutely. As I say, win on Wednesday and we can begin to relax and celebrate.

Yesterday and Wednesday were and are the crunch games, and we've won the first leg, so to speak. Even I now expect us to be playing in the Premiership next season. Positively.