hibs.net Messageboard

Lennon more subdued or realistic

Seems N L is accepting we(the team)are doing ok and if we win league just by one point that is ok..
    Is this the same man who called the team a boy band and he would sort it out...Lowering expectations can be infectious
    We need to be very positive especially now after so many false starts....
    I agree we need to finish first but are we to go through another horrendous last few games AGAIN? Totally no we need to blow teams out of the water and play above and beyond the call of duty right now.This is Hibs we are talking about and we have expectations that are realistic if players do what they have shown they ARE capable of.No more boy bands please.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems N L is accepting we(the team)are doing ok and if we win league just by one point that is ok..
    Is this the same man who called the team a boy band and he would sort it out...Lowering expectations can be infectious
    I agree we need to finish first but are we to go through another horrendous last few games AGAIN? Totally no we need to blow teams out of the water and play above and beyond the call of duty right now.This is Hibs we are talking about and we have expectations that are realistic if players do what they have shown they ARE capable of.No more boy bands please.
    Just hame fae the pub are we?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Neil is a winner and will take us up. Delighted he is Hibs manager. Let's get a win tomorrow and cement first place.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    He's being positive and trying to take pressure off the players. Obviously everyone wants a winning run to wrap up this League ASAP but at the end of the day finishing first is all that matters.

The team need our support. Bed wetting not helpful!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I think he's realised that being hibs manager is not as easy as he thought. We should be out of sight in this league, but we're not. We're still a boy band team that can beat anyone on their day, but also struggle against utter dross like last week. Very few managers have managed to find the formula to make hibs successful, but one day someone will and we'll do a Leicester. Lennon could be that man next season if he takes us up.

United we stand here....

He has said about games before that he doesn't care how we win, as long as we do win. I think this is the type of attitude he is adopting for this season, for me thats fine, I just want to get out of this league and focus on next season and then look to build a very solid future in the premiership.

I think Lennon will get us winning games in Premiership and get us playing some good football along with it, he is a winner who expects nothing less, he WILL win us this title I am 100% sure of this.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

A "boy band"?

I presume he made those comments before he realised he had players like Grant Holt in the dressing room.

He'd even be too old to get into Take That.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A "boy band"?

I presume he made those comments before he realised he had players like Grant Holt in the dressing room.

Grant Holt would be the creepy middle-aged boy band Manager.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by AZhibee View Post
    Grant Holt would be the creepy middle-aged boy band Manager.
    Wrong team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A "boy band"?

He likened Hibs to a boy band when we had the likes of Riordan and Thomson when he was at Celtic. Was quoted when he took the Hibs job. Said he wanted us to be tougher.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    He's being positive and trying to take pressure off the players. Obviously everyone wants a winning run to wrap up this League ASAP but at the end of the day finishing first is all that matters.

The team need our support. Bed wetting not helpful!

If you look at the attendance figures then I am not sure that lack of support for the team is a credible suggestion. We have reached and gone by the point of excuses.

Testimonial Due
    Neil Lennon has tried every trick in the managers manual to get the players in the right frame of mind for games!

Some work, some don't, but in the main we are out in front in this terrible league and for this he is doing a good job.

The big problem to me is the players mind set, they believe they will go in and skoosh games, and it tends to backfire on us.

In the cup games they know it will be hard and come out with fight and determination and win!!!

So, what we need is for the players to adopt the cup attitude for the next 3 league games and i'm sure the league can be done and dusted!!!!!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    He's tried everything else, maybe the subtle approach is finally going to kick the team on...for some reason.