hibs.net Messageboard

Abseil the Forth Bridge for Age Scotland

Hi all,

Thanks to the admins for letting me post this here.

On 28th May, I will be abseiling from the Forth Bridge to raise money for Age Scotland's 'Helping to Combat Loneliness and Isolation in Older Age' campaign.

Thought I would do my bit for charity, and one which I know does a lot of good work on behalf of the elderly. I hope you can support me in whatever way you can. I am realistic in my targets and would appreciate if you could spare a few pence, or even a few pounds.

I appreciate that people are inundated with request for donations all the time, but I am sure some of you will agree that this is a worthwhile cause.

I have included a link to my 'just giving' page below, and I will be adding regular updates there.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Martin-Hunter6

Thanks in advance.

Martin

2. Log in to remove the advert

Bump😁

Thank you very kindly to 'a hibby'. Your generous donation is greatly appreciated.

Rather you than me mate.

Great cause.

Quote Originally Posted by e2los View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rather you than me mate.

Great cause.

Thank you sir. And an even bigger thank you if you are 'another hibs fan'. 👍

Another huge thank you goes out to 'Yet another Hibby'. That is seriously above and beyond anything I expected. Thank you so much! I will try to do you proud.

Martin

You have no chance of backing out now.

Just thought I'd mention that some of us live close enough to watch you emerge from the mist.

Thanks to everyone who has sponsored thus far. Without the support of guys from hibs.net I would be miles away from my target. As it stands I have blown my target out of the water! That is, in the most part, down to the generosity of you guys so thank you again.

Firstly may I take this opportunity to thank those of youwho sponsored me for doing the abseil. Along with my boss, we had hoped to make around £1000 for Age Scotland,but thanks to the overwhelming generosity of people, including a good few onhere, we are standing at over £1800 with some donations still to come.

Thanks to everyone who generously sponsored me. Without your support it wouldn’t have beenpossible.

My attempts to upload photos here have not been very successfulso I have included a link to Age Scotland Facebook page where the photos can befound. I am the one in the lovely action shot with the nice Hibs green trainerson J. More photos may follow, and a video if I canget my head round the IT issues.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1522365961128297.1073741853.195115270520046 &type=3

Thanks again

Martin