hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The man police believe to be responsible for the terrorist attack in Westminster has been formally identified as Khalid Masood, Scotland Yard says. Masood, aged 52, was born in Kent and detectives believe he was most recently living in the West Midlands.
    Masood was not the subject of any current investigations and there was no prior intelligence about his intent to mount a terrorist attack, police say.
    However, he was known to the police and had a range of previous convictions for assaults, including GBH, possession of offensive weapons and public order offences.
    He has not been convicted of any terrorism offences.
    I wonder what the criteria is for differentiating between nutter thinking he is one and an actual terrorist? Is there a difference?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I wonder what the criteria is for differentiating between nutter thinking he is one and an actual terrorist? Is there a difference?
    i would say that as soon as the nutter thinking he is one goes out and murders people he has become one

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 this afternoon and it was mentioned that the attacker was shot by a ministers personal protection, not the armed police. No idea if there is any truth in it mind, still early days when it comes to the unveiling of how the afternoon unfolded.
    Makes you question if all police should be armed around there and maybe generally.

Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Listening to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 this afternoon and it was mentioned that the attacker was shot by a ministers personal protection, not the armed police. No idea if there is any truth in it mind, still early days when it comes to the unveiling of how the afternoon unfolded.
    Not that it matters but the ministers close protection would have still been an armed cop. Whoever it was put three rounds into the guy and made sure he stopped him.The scary thing is had he not been present how far would the guy have got injuring others.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibby; 24-03-2017 at 04:02 PM.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    I know the PC who died wasn't armed but do they not all wear stab vests?

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    thats what i thought , reports seem to be suggesting he wasnt wearing 1 though

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    a 75 year old victim had his life support machine turned off last night

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Not sure if this is the right place, but there is an appeal to raise money to help support the families of the attack on Westminster Bridge. Not just the policeman.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/westminster
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Scottish Cup Victory - Witness 2016 Scouse Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    By all accounts the guy was swinging two large knives, plenty damage could be done even with a vest to other parts of the body.
    "If a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain
    an advantage, then he should be."

First Team Breakthrough The Pointer's Avatar
    Heard it suggested he was stabbed in the side, around the armpit.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place, but there is an appeal to raise money to help support the families of the attack on Westminster Bridge. Not just the policeman.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/westminster

i was having a wee search on that justgiving site last night and noticed some group ones for the families of the members of the public that died, and some individual ones, i see the one for the PC is presently an astonishing 710,000, then i read a few papers were up in arms over justgiving not waiving the 30,000 they've already received as their 'cut' (they take 5p for each donated) and today justgiving have started putting a freeze on some of the people that have been setting up the donation pages, especially this one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39391865

Concerns about fraud have prompted fund-raising website JustGiving to review all pages raising money for the victims of the Westminster attack.
    Money raised for victims will not be automatically released until verified.
    For the first time, the company has taken direct control of a crowd-funding page, which any individual can set up.
    Concerns were raised over a fund for the family of Aysha Frade, after a person who set up the page had the same name as a woman convicted of fraud.

shame on any shyster trying to make a fast buck out of this event

I believe just giving also donated 10,000 so it's really only 20,000 that have taken off for admin fees etc. Imo I don't see nothing wrong in what just giving are doing.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pontius pilate View Post
    I believe just giving also donated 10,000 so it's really only 20,000 that have taken off for admin fees etc. Imo I don't see nothing wrong in what just giving are doing.
    Exactly, JustGiving are a business providing a service. If people are not happy with the service fees, don't use the service.

@hibs.net private member johnbc70's Avatar
    Virgin Money Giving is same service as justgiving etc and they make no profit at all, more money for the charity and good cause.

the young woman that was in the water had her life support turned off last night, her boyfriend was planning to propose to her during their day out, heartbreaking

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39525596

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39736733

Another potential attack in the Westminster area thwarted it would seem. Credit to the security forces by the sounds of it.

It's a depressing fact of life these days that we've come to expect such things on a regular basis. With last week's murder of the policeman on the Champs Elysees there was almost a sense of 'yup, it's been a few weeks since the last attack...we were due another one'