hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hibs v Falkirk, let the dot count begin ...

This weekend is a massive game (as they all are at this stage of the season). Falkirk don't have a huge travelling support and will likely only bring 500 or so I'd guess. So, what kind of turnout can we expect in the Home stands for such a crucial game and given last week's poor result against Dumbarton? I'd hope to see a total attendance of around 15-16k? Has Calum started a dot count yet?!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 221000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This weekend is a massive game (as they all are at this stage of the season). Falkirk don't have a huge travelling support and will likely only bring 500 or so I'd guess. So, what kind of turnout can we expect in the Home stands for such a crucial game and given last week's poor result against Dumbarton? I'd hope to see a total attendance of around 15-16k? Has Calum started a dot count yet?!
    The Houston factor has to some extent let Falkirk assume the (wholely inappropriate in my view) role of proxy jambos in the last couple of years. Therefore interest will be high. They really need to win, we can't afford to drop points or we cement the notion our form has fallen away at worst possible time and put enormous pressure on ourselves for the Morton visit.

I'm going to be bold and say the home stands will sell out and we'll finally see home fans for a non Hibs kids game in the South.

2 cup finals coming up...

We need a full house for this one and Morton.

Saturday's crowd wasn't too good for various reasons so important we make some atmosphere Saturday and get the 3 points we need.

(Before anyone posts t- we know the usual posts about...." wish the players would turn up etc etc etc" - just be a Hibs fan and turn up and support the team in a positive manner )

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post

Saturday's crowd wasn't too good for various reasons so important we make some atmosphere Saturday and get the 3 points we need.

(Before anyone posts t- we know the usual posts about...." wish the players would turn up etc etc etc" - just be a Hibs fan and turn up and support the team in a positive manner )
    But Petrie

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post

If 14000 against Dumbarton is no longer considered a good crowd it shows how far the support has progressed. A couple of seasons ago it would have been more like 8000. The crowds have been astonishing this season especially given the average performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Islington Hibs View Post
    If 14000 against Dumbarton is no longer considered a good crowd it shows how far the support has progressed. A couple of seasons ago it would have been more like 8000. The crowds have been astonishing this season especially given the average performances.
    Probably was nearer 8000 than 14000 mind you.

Totally agree with you cog cmon all hibbys just turn up for the few remaining games left and let's get behind the team and individual players in each game this is such an important period in our history let's do our bit with our support starting this Saturday!!!! Let's fill the stands and roar them on

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    No way was it nearer 8000. I was a bit surprised when the attendance was announced because I thought that it was more like 12,500 to 13,000.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    No way was it nearer 8000. I was a bit surprised when the attendance was announced because I thought that it was more like 12,500 to 13,000.
    I genuinely thought it would have actually been a shade over 10k. Dunno what the West was like, but a half full FF, East can't have had more than 4k in it and few hundred in the South.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Not a chance was it 8000 personally thought 13k or so.

Agree something like 13k I would have said.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

I agree but as a matter of interest if you estimate how many were missing from each stand you come very close to 14k, well I do! West 1000 down = 6000, FF 600 missing = 3000, East don't know as that's where I was but let's say only 5000 in there and you get you 14k. Can't be far away although it's just a wild estimate 👍

You need to take account of a fair number of home supporters in the South, many of whom might have been sitting elsewhere.

I think the 14,000 quoted was pretty well correct.

I think our really high numbers are over for now, so maybe 13k

If we play like we should over the next three games, with decent results, they might increase again.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

If we play like we should over the next three games, with decent results, they might increase again.
    Didn't we just have over 14k against Dumbarton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!

Not even close.

The sad reality is the fans have been doing their part, the team has not done theirs. People will get disillusioned with what's been happening on the field but will stick in with the possibility of the cup final. When we secure the league would you reckon we could guarentee a full house in the home stands?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    The sad reality is the fans have been doing their part, the team has not done theirs. People will get disillusioned with what's been happening on the field but will stick in with the possibility of the cup final. When we secure the league would you reckon we could guarentee a full house in the home stands?
    Right now that doesn't really matter. We as fans need to turn up for the next two games and hope it inspires the players to do the same. What happens next is irrelevant as we must secure the league at all costs. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Right now that doesn't really matter. We as fans need to turn up for the next two games and hope it inspires the players to do the same. What happens next is irrelevant as we must secure the league at all costs. 👍
    Very true. Like many other folk I've signed up for next season regardless of what happens this. I've no doubt we'll win this league and I think we'll retain the cup.

Very true. Like many other folk I've signed up for next season regardless of what happens this. I've no doubt we'll win this league and I think we'll retain the cup.
    Me too and I hope you're right, we can do it. 🏆🏆

7 points clear at the top of the table and in the semi final would suggest the players havent done too bad up till now.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    7 points clear at the top of the table and in the semi final would suggest the players havent done too bad up till now.
    But on the flip side we've struggle against teams that we should, in theory, be pumping. Yet, for whatever reason, just isn't happening. I missed Saturday as I sat with the fear through joseph with the fear for a couple of hours. From what I've read on here it was pretty turgid (as was Joe mcelderys Joseph)and not for the first time this season.

These players just need to screw the nut on and concentrate.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    In an odd way I wonder if there would be such a stooshie if all our iffy results had come away from home rather than at ER. Still, folk are absolutely allowed their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Didn't we just have over 14k against Dumbarton?

Depends how you count it, attendances or tickets sold.

I was more thinking of the attendance

@hibs.net private member

Off subject

Dot count thread here please!

Going well so far. I predict 16954 at the game.

Depends how you count it, attendances or tickets sold.

I was more thinking of the attendance
    But how can you know that? The attendance is the figure given by the club. So I would guess just over 16000 for this match.

First Team Breakthrough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tickets still on planner:

West Stand: 929

Famous Five: 418

East Stand: 935

Total: 2,282

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Tickets still on planner:

West Stand: 929

Famous Five: 418

East Stand: 935

Total: 2,282
    So we already know it'll be far in excess of the Dumbarton game. If you take it as 1,000 ST potential returns Thursday, we have around 13,300 tickets sold in the home stands. I think we'll easily go up to 15,500-16,000 plus whatever Falkirk bring. End of the day tomorrow will tell us a lot, but that's pretty healthy at this stage and suggests that a lot of people had forgotten about Dumbarton and were waiting on this one.