hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Official Site: TICKET INFORMATION | ABERDEEN SEMI FINAL

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Tickets will go on sale from 10am on Friday 31 March, available only online and via the Hibernian Call Centre.

That's gonna cause carnage.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tickets will go on sale from 10am on Friday 31 March, available only online and via the Hibernian Call Centre.

That's gonna cause carnage.
    Brilliant. Cant wait to spend two hours of my day waiting in an online queue. After my experience of trying to phone for tickets for the last away derby i'll never be doing that again.

First Team Breakthrough declan macmanus's Avatar
    Away season holders punted behind the goals with no option to upgrade. I don't have one but seems harsh. They can buy an additional ticket but not beside their existing one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by declan macmanus View Post
    Away season holders punted behind the goals with no option to upgrade. I don't have one but seems harsh. They can buy an additional ticket but not beside their existing one

No we aren't, we are in the North. East is behind the goals
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by declan macmanus View Post

The North Stand is not behind the goals, never been before? ;-)

Maybe i'm reading it wrong, but between March 31st and April 5th - do season tidcket holders potentially get to buy 4 tickets? Then its a general free for all?

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Maybe i'm reading it wrong, but between March 31st and April 5th - do season tidcket holders potentially get to buy 4 tickets? Then its a general free for all?
    2 per client ref.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Any idea on when General Sale begins? Bought flights up but no tickets, was pretty confident this would be going to general sale?
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Think you're reading it wrong. STs have got until the Thursday to buy a max of 2, then its general sale.

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    2 per client ref.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1173 View Post
    Think you're reading it wrong. STs have got until the Thursday to buy a max of 2, then its general sale.
    Nice one cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Brilliant. Cant wait to spend two hours of my day waiting in an online queue. After my experience of trying to phone for tickets for the last away derby i'll never be doing that again.
    I've never really had an issue getting tickets online past few years. Even cup final was a breeze.

I don't really get why anyone would want to buy in person tbh.

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I've never really had an issue getting tickets online past few years. Even cup final was a breeze.

I get what you mean, and I'm the same, however, everyone, me included, tries at 10.00am on the first day of the sale, and the system can't handle it. At 2 tickets per ST holder, every ST holder that wants a ticket will get one. It's just that most of us want the South or the North. Another Day of my life wasted

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

People that queue up dont do so because they like waiting in line for hours. The majority of them do it because they dont trust the online system to work. They've experienced it in the past and know what a nightmare it can be.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Any idea on when General Sale begins? Bought flights up but no tickets, was pretty confident this would be going to general sale?

You'll get a ticket no bother, we will not sell 20'000 to season ticket holders.

I get what you mean, and I'm the same, however, everyone, me included, tries at 10.00am on the first day of the sale, and the system can't handle it. At 2 tickets per ST holder, every ST holder that wants a ticket will get one. It's just that most of us want the South or the North. Another Day of my life wasted
    You'll waste a lot less time doing it online than you would by going down to the office, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    You'll get a ticket no bother, we will not sell 20'000 to season ticket holders.
    Or at all, plenty to go round.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Can't see there being a problem. We'll take around 20K as usual.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

We wouldn't have any of these problems if the "schematics" of our national stadium were even close to being acceptable.

As it happens they are not, so we have a ridiculous rush for a small number of tickets, to avoid having to watch the game from a poor position.

Although to be honest, it is quite refreshing that one of our most constant bugbears seems to be the clamour for tickets at Hampden.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    People that queue up dont do so because they like waiting in line for hours. The majority of them do it because they dont trust the online system to work. They've experienced it in the past and know what a nightmare it can be.
    There will be no need to go online as soon as tickets go on sale to buy tickets for this. There will be plenty of time, everyone really should just relax.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    My party has 4 season tickets between us which gives us 8 tickets but i need 12 , I think i'l wait till the general sale

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    There will be no need to go online as soon as tickets go on sale to buy tickets for this. There will be plenty of time, everyone really should just relax.
    Will be if you wish better seats
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    I agree that everyone that wants one will get one but our allocation is 21K and we have more than 10500 season ticket holders. So in theory, if everyone wants 2 we don't have enough.

I am in favour of those attending most games getting first dibs on tickets so no issue with those away season tickets getting the better seats but why are they the only ones who are benefiting. That is in extremely small loyalty scheme. Every debate around loyalty I have read has suggested season tickets etc should guarantee a ticket not a ticket in a certain section. Should my full season ticket get me the option of particular seats before half season tickets.

Hopefully the online system will be better but I very much doubt it. A loyalty scheme, or an extended loyalty scheme on top of the one we seem to have for away season ticket holders, would have sorted it out and ordered fans into logical tranches.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    My party has 4 season tickets between us which gives us 8 tickets but i need 12 , I think i'l wait till the general sale
    Same, three ST need 8 tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Relax?

We have over 10,000 season ticket holders and they'll take two each. General sale will be non-existent.

Book your day off work, log on at 8am and start praying. I wish I'd forked out for an away season ticket now.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    No surprise we've been given the East Stand again.

When was the last time we were given the "Rangers" end, except when playing Celtic? Do we specifically request it or do the SFA automatically assume we want it cause we're "Celtic's wee cousins"? Do any other teams in the country aside from the OF/us/Hearts get preference for specific sides of the ground? Not annoyed, genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    No surprise we've been given the East Stand again.

When was the last time we were given the "Rangers" end, except when playing Celtic? Do we specifically request it or do the SFA automatically assume we want it cause we're "Celtic's wee cousins"? Do any other teams in the country aside from the OF/us/Hearts get preference for specific sides of the ground? Not annoyed, genuinely curious.
    It's the schematics of Glasgow. In other words it's easier for Aberdeen to get North if they have the West.

It does happen too many other times to be a coincidence though. Probably a wee in-joke at the SFA.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's the schematics of Glasgow. In other words it's easier for Aberdeen to get North if they have the West.

It does happen too many other times to be a coincidence though. Probably a wee in-joke at the SFA.
    Been a fan since the start of 2005-06 - genuinely can't think of the last time we didn't get the East except the 2013 final.

2006 SCSF: East
    2007 LCF: East
    2007 SCSF: East (both games)
    2012 SCSF: East
    2012 SCF: East
    2013 SCSF: East
    2013 SCF: West
    2015 SCSF: East
    2016 LCF: East
    2016 SCSF: East
    2016 SCF: East
    2017 SCSF: East

It definitely is a deliberate decision - the question is whether we or the SFA/SPFL decide.
    Last edited by Diclonius; 20-03-2017 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Been a fan since the start of 2005-06 - genuinely can't think of the last time we didn't get the East except the 2013 final.

2005 SCSF: East
    2006 LCF: East
    2006 SCSF: East (both games)
    2012 SCSF: East
    2012 SCF: East
    2013 SCSF: East
    2013 SCF: West
    2015 SCSF: East
    2016 LCF: East
    2016 SCSF: East
    2016 SCF: East
    2017 SCSF: East

It definitely is a deliberate decision - the question is whether we or the SFA/SPFL decide.
    Other than for games with Celtic, I think I can only remember us having the West end of the ground twice - for semis against United (Riordan penalty early on) and against Livingston in about 2000.

I'm glad they are continuing to move towards all tickets being sold online.

Avoids these daft queues. Like concerts the key is for the system to handle the volume of traffic going to be on the site.

I like the 2 per season ticket holder idea also.

Well done Hibs - hopefully majority of season ticket holders snap them up and we fill out whole end.

Been a while since we filled a full end for a semi final. This should be the challenge this time.