hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cummings

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty ineffective and a bit part player in a team that got relegated?
    Scored 2 goals in the play off final though so not that ineffective.

2. Log in to remove the advert

A raw youngster who played in an atrocious side that created nothing and occasionally kept players of much higher reputation out of the side?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Cummings will leave Hibs this summer.
    If so hopefully for a lot more than £2mil.

First Team Regular
    He'll defo score goals in SPL

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    The Glasgow Herald is reporting this morning that Sunderland are prepared to bid £2m for JC in the summet
    That'll be the deposit until they know how much their parachute payment is.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Cummings will leave Hibs this summer.

No he won't.

Apart from the two goals he scored in the first leg that should have seen us stay up you mean!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Scored 2 goals in the play off final though so not that ineffective.
    This kinda makes my point though. Those werehis first senior goals.

He haf one good game, out of what, ten or so appearences towards the end of that season?

My point being that youngsters are generally inconsistent amd unreliable.

Also, Cummings only really established himself in stubbs team around October / November. He was a sub at that start of that season.

Its ultinately unfair on any youngster to rely on them, and to suggest oli Shaw, who as far as i am aware hasnt ever scored and expext him to replace Cummings is ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamhere1875 View Post
    And what was Cummings when he first played for Hibs ?
    He was also an untried youngster, yes, but Stubbs himself said he hadn't planned on having Cummings as a first team regular. However with El Alagui getting injured and the fact Cummings was getting goals Stubbs quire rightly kept him in.

It would be good to see Shaw getting some game time next season but relying on someone so young who hasn't even played a competitive first team game yet would be mental.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    Apart from the two goals he scored in the first leg that should have seen us stay up you mean!
    See my post below. One good game did not mean he made a great impact in his initial first team games.

Also, did he not also miss the losing penalty in the shoot-out?

See my post below. One good game did not mean he made a great impact in his initial first team games.

Also, did he not also miss the losing penalty in the shoot-out?
    Anyone can miss a pen. Even Messi.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    In his short Hibs career Cummings has brought a helluva lot more enjoyment than most and contributed all those goals. I really don't see a real downside in terms of what he brings overall. He's the least of our player problems. He's the hammer of the Yams and we'll make a lot of money from him because he signed a contract rather than leaving last time around.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

He haf one good game, out of what, ten or so appearences towards the end of that season?

Also, Cummings only really established himself in stubbs team around October / November. He was a sub at that start of that season.

Its ultinately unfair on any youngster to rely on them, and to suggest oli Shaw, who as far as i am aware hasnt ever scored and expext him to replace Cummings is ridiculous.

Well said.

Stubbs said himself that he saw JC mostly as a sub, before the player himself (and Farid's injury) forced him to re-evaluate.

JC has improved every season and I'm sure there is more to come. He isn't the finished article.

It doesnt really he scored goals that should have kept us up. You do realise the absolute junk he was playing alongside also.

I always thought when Cummings first played that all he needed to do was get a couple of goals and he would motor on from there and I think that is what has happened.Clubs down south will I think want to see him doing that in the top league before offering big money.It will benefit both him and the club to do that next season.

Testimonial Due
    It doesnt really he scored goals that should have kept us up. You do realise the absolute junk he was playing alongside also.
    What a weird argument. So because he scored in one game, he made a big impact?

He was part of the team (allbeit peripherally) that got relegated. He was thrown in beforr he was ready.

Like i say, it wasnt his fault, it was unfait to rely so heavily on him and he, like the rest of that spineless bunch, collectively sh8t themselves in rhe return leg and got us relegated. Him missinh the penalty.

Turning up in the game before that hardly exonerates him or means he played no part in our demise.

Im not trying to be anti-Cummings, im trying to point out that his early career was not good, and did him, or the team, no favours.

I definitely dont want to see us return to the days of selling our best players and replacing them with rubbish, or youngsters. We are still trting to recover from that strategy.

What a weird argument. So because he scored in one game, he made a big impact?

He was part of the team (allbeit peripherally) that got relegated. He was thrown in beforr he was ready.

Like i say, it wasnt his fault, it was unfait to rely so heavily on him and he, like the rest of that spineless bunch, collectively sh8t themselves in rhe return leg and got us relegated. Him missinh the penalty.

Turning up in the game before that hardly exonerates him or means he played no part in our demise.

Im not trying to be anti-Cummings, im trying to point out that his early career was not good, and did him, or the team, no favours.

I definitely dont want to see us return to the days of selling our best players and replacing them with rubbish, or youngsters. We are still trting to recover from that strategy.
    Not a weird argument at all, you indicated he was ineffectual only to be countered by he scored 2 goals in the play off final which should have kept us up. Always thought he was promising in the early games I saw him play and to be honest he was coming in at the worst possible time for a teenager a team in freefall playing with no confidence with half the players counting down the days before they left the club. In the play off return game Messi would have looked awful in that team, he wasnt the only one to miss a pen and the fact he was willing to step up when other more experienced players bottled it as you so aptly put it speaks volumes and personally dont know anyone who would hold that against him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    He was also an untried youngster, yes, but Stubbs himself said he hadn't planned on having Cummings as a first team regular. However with El Alagui getting injured and the fact Cummings was getting goals Stubbs quire rightly kept him in.

It would be good to see Shaw getting some game time next season but relying on someone so young who hasn't even played a competitive first team game yet would be mental.
    on the other hand though....You can't teach someone tobe a predator!

Next season when a goal up and cruising...gradually introduce.

quite clear he knows where the goals are.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    The Glasgow Herald is reporting this morning that Sunderland are prepared to bid £2m for JC in the summet
    Is that the first of 3 equal installments?

Certain players are forever remembered for mistakes such as missing high-profile penalties, but bizarrely I had totally forgotten about Jason missing a penalty in the shoot-out that led to our relegation.

I suppose 3 seasons of very decent goalscoring with a Scottish Cup winner's medal thrown in has helped me forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Certain players are forever remembered for mistakes such as missing high-profile penalties, but bizarrely I had totally forgotten about Jason missing a penalty in the shoot-out that led to our relegation.

I suppose 3 seasons of very decent goalscoring with a Scottish Cup winner's medal thrown in has helped me forget it.
    His goal in the first leg might still be his best for us.

I hope when he moves on he goes to the right club and is advised correctly. Has the ability to go far.

Not a weird argument at all, you indicated he was ineffectual only to be countered by he scored 2 goals in the play off final which should have kept us up. Always thought he was promising in the early games I saw him play and to be honest he was coming in at the worst possible time for a teenager a team in freefall playing with no confidence with half the players counting down the days before they left the club. In the play off return game Messi would have looked awful in that team, he wasnt the only one to miss a pen and the fact he was willing to step up when other more experienced players bottled it as you so aptly put it speaks volumes and personally dont know anyone who would hold that against him.
    Was going to make that very point.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    on the other hand though....You can't teach someone tobe a predator!

Next season when a goal up and cruising...gradually introduce.

quite clear he knows where the goals are.
    That's where I'm at with him.

There's obviously talent there but let's not rush him. He's scoring for fun at development level but the fact he only has 3 in 18 at Stenshousemuir suggests he isn't quite ready yet.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Cummings and Shaw could be our new Deeks and Gary O pairing of the past .
    Cummings hopefully will stay another season ( in the spfl) bang in another 20 plus , then get a move . Bidding can start at 5m .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Cummings and Shaw could be our new Deeks and Gary O pairing of the past .
    Cummings hopefully will stay another season ( in the spfl) bang in another 20 plus , then get a move . Bidding can start at 5m .
    What price JC when some Sevco fans seem to think that they can get £5m for Waghorn...

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    What price JC when some Sevco fans seem to think that they can get £5m for Waghorn...
    And then no doubt spend less than half of that to sign Cummings.

JC is class should be in with the Scotland squad imo