hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Forster's given it away in today's Scotsman hasn't he.The players only turn it on in a big match atmosphere.Hardly news but indicative of why there'll be a clear out and he'll be one of the first on the bus.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    If we beat Falkirk on Saturday and avoid defeat to Morton next Wednesday, then I think that'll be enough to see off the challenge. Easier said than done considering our home performances are so poor, but it's about time we gave Falkirk a doing at Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forster's given it away in today's Scotsman hasn't he.The players only turn it on in a big match atmosphere.Hardly news but indicative of why there'll be a clear out and he'll be one of the first on the bus.
    Forster isn't the first name who springs to mind as being guilty of this, so it would be harsh to single him out and say he'd be one of the first on the bus.

He's hardly played this season, and when he has he has done well.

There are many higher profile players who have gone missing at times.

I think it's just unlucky that Jordon was the one talking to the press. I'm fairly encouraged that at least the players appear to be acknowledging the problem and admit that it might just be the case.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAckaHIBEE View Post
    Hi all, first post on here having read for years (hibs fan from age 5 and season in the east etc)

For me the problem is a lot simpler than we all like to make out. This is a tricky league but tactically, if we run at teams for the first 20 mins and get an early goal we will win the majority of games.

The problem is that our players don't respond when there is no big pre game build up. This is great for the cup and games agains Dundee Utd but not against Dumbarton etc. The club's media communications even shows a lack of interest (interviews aren't as well publicised, twitter is pretty dead until 2pm). I know it's tough to make something out of a run of the mill league game but yesterday was potentially huge for us. The club and players needs to emphasise the meaning of the next 3 or 4 games in everything they do and create more of a build up. I think that then we'll see more enthusiasm in the performances. Thoughts?
    Welcome to the forum. I would have to disagree with the bit in bold, tbh. Hibs TV covers everything going on at the club, plus the games really extensively.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Lennon needs to realise that the buck ultimately stops with him and if the players attitude is not correct that it's up to him to address it. Getting sick of him constantly shifting the blame away from himself.

The fact we are about 8 games from the end of the season and involved in a Championship title struggle with Falkirk and Morton is a disgrace.
    No he doesn't constantly shift the blame to the players .I remember him saying on the radio that perhaps he should be looking at himself. At the end of the day a manager can only do so much. When the players are on the pitch it's down to them to follow instructions . As a previous poster said he was on the sidelines screaming instructions because players were not following instructions

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    His Hibs TV interview shows a guy at the end of his rope with them, he could best be described as extremely frustrated and annoyed and IMO he has every right to be.

The 2 goals were both easily avoidable

Bartley is stupid for the penalty

Efe must do better to pressure Nade's header, McGregor is ball watching and nowhere Gray is fast asleep and credit to their player he puts the shot in the only place Marciano cant save it and at the only height.

On a slightly worrying note re Marciano though that's 2 shots in 3 games he has been beaten with from outside the box that I think he has had a decent view of and he hasn't got near to laying a glove on either.

I cant make up my mind if he should do better at either or both, but you can rest assured that if that had been Oxley in goals the gallows would be getting built by now

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    His Hibs TV interview shows a guy at the end of his rope with them, he could best be described as extremely frustrated and annoyed and IMO he has every right to be.

The 2 goals were both easily avoidable

Bartley is stupid for the penalty

Efe must do better to pressure Nade's header, McGregor is ball watching and nowhere Gray is fast asleep and credit to their player he puts the shot in the only place Marciano cant save it and at the only height.

On a slightly worrying note re Marciano though that's 2 shots in 3 games he has been beaten with from outside the box that I think he has had a decent view of and he hasn't got near to laying a glove on either.

I cant make up my mind if he should do better at either or both, but you can rest assured that if that had been Oxley in goals the gallows would be getting built by now
    I thought they were both absolute rakers and I don't think any goalkeeper in the world would have been able to lay a glove on either of them.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I thought they were both absolute rakers and I don't think any goalkeeper in the world would have been able to lay a glove on either of them.
    100% In the case of the Ayr one I reckon two keepers in goal wouldnt have got near it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    You may well be right I still cant decide

It just seems unlikely that the last 2 shots he has faced have been unsaveable

Statistically that is very unlikely not least because of the level we are playing at and with respect the quality of the opposition players having the shots

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    100% In the case of the Ayr one I reckon two keepers in goal wouldnt have got near it.
    Yup. I had a perfect view of it from behind the shot and nobody alive could have stopped it.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    When a team comes to sit in then it's usually done in 'banks'. Dumbarton were a prime example yesterday, a bank of 4 at the back, a bank of 5 about 6 yards ahead of that then Nade dropping in as well.

By passing the ball about slowly in front of a team like that you make it relatively easy for them. To break that down you are looking for someone in their ranks to lose their discipline and lose their position and leave space to play in. The obvious solution is move the ball quickly and drag players about the park. We seem totally invapable of doing that.
    Correct...........

Lots of movement, crisp passing and 1, 2's. Move the ball around quickly and have pace out wide. Pull the defenders all over the place. Sometimes we'll lose the ball, but then we have to press as a team and win it back, then go at them again.

When we get free kicks, corners, or even throw ins, take them quickly and don't give the other team time to get organised. We're as slow as **** and give them all the time they want at present. Plus, move around and look the ball when we get a throw in. Don't just stand there and force the ball to be thrown down the line in hope.

Oh and run at the defenders in the box. Don't pass the ball around there, ****in' run at the defender as the chances are he'll be too scared to tackle you anyway. One slight mistake and we get a penalty from it.

One defensive mid in front of a back three is all we need as most of the time the other team are playing with hee haw up front anyway.

If we concede a corner, keep two or three guys further up the pitch as that gives our defenders less opponents to deal with as those guys need to be marked. Stick a player on a post and don't dare even contemplate zonal marker, just mark your man and make sure you win the ball if it comes your way.

If you get sight of goal, hit the ****in' ball. None of the keepers are world beaters who will save everything that comes their way. They're playing in the Championship for a reason. Even if we only score from one shot out of ten, it's worth it.

There's lots that Lennon can try. That's a couple of seasons of tippy tappy pish now and if we're lucky we should just about stumble over the winning line. We should be pishing all over the lesser teams in this league. Many of them are part-time for **** sake and no disrespect intended, but taking three points from a mob like Dumbarton at Easter Rd should be a formality. Our record at home is pretty poor, a place where we should be steamrollering teams.

What do i know though, i'm just a supporter.......

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

You have to worry as to why the players are not following instructions, is it because they're just not good enough to do the basics being asked or more worryingly they're not playing for the manager and simply ignoring his instructions, whatever it is it's beginning to be really annoying.

At the moment I can see a pretty big clear out when we get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I would have to disagree with the bit in bold, tbh. Hibs TV covers everything going on at the club, plus the games really extensively.
    Absolutely agree re Hibs TV. Was studying abroad last year and watched every home game from Malaysia so no complaints about Hibs TV from me. It's the general tone of communication (Twitter, Facebook, website) that gets me. Despite this being the big run in, there are few ticket updates etc and a general lack of emphasis on these games. Had it been a Scottish Cup game there would be much more going on I feel.

Again, I posted these thoughts prior to Forster's interview and it's just a little concerning to me that the team can't go through Dumbarton when it really matters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    You have to worry as to why the players are not following instructions, is it because they're just not good enough to do the basics being asked or more worryingly they're not playing for the manager and simply ignoring his instructions, whatever it is it's beginning to be really annoying.

At the moment I can see a pretty big clear out when we get promoted.
    Personally I believe that its the former, they are just not good enough

Its nice and easy to keep the ball playing against opponents who are happy to let you have it in areas you cant hurt them.

You can show boat around and look like a player very easily in such circumstances.

What we need is someone driving them on and forwards, we have that is SJM whose effort cannot be questioned but IMO who has played poorly for much of the season by his standards.

IMO the much maligned Gary Caldwell was excellent at this in Mowbray's team

We need players brave enough and mentally strong enough to accept that it might not work and they might get a bit stick when it doesn't but who are prepared to keep banging on the door

Boyle is happy to do this but can be ineffectual.

IMO Shinnie retreats into his shell too often to make the most of his talent and seems easily discouraged after a few failed attempts

I don't think I will ever understand why we play Bartley in such games

Gray has been awful for months

Lewis can cross the ball but only if he has the space to do so, his chances of beating a player to put in a cross or bending a cross round one in front of him are nil.

We also don't score nearly enough headers, the amount of crosses we put into the box from corners free kicks and open play that we don't even work the keeper from are incredible

The death of Alex Young reminded me of a derby at Tynie.The ball went out for a shy and Young grabbed it to take it.From about 40 yards away Dave Mackay yelled at him to "put the efn ball down".Young just about wet himself and scurried up the field.That in a nutshell is what we have been missing at Hibs for a few years-someone who will take charge on the park and run the game.We have no leader and until we get one we will suffer these ineffectual displays.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    The death of Alex Young reminded me of a derby at Tynie.The ball went out for a shy and Young grabbed it to take it.From about 40 yards away Dave Mackay yelled at him to "put the efn ball down".Young just about wet himself and scurried up the field.That in a nutshell is what we have been missing at Hibs for a few years-someone who will take charge on the park and run the game.We have no leader and until we get one we will suffer these ineffectual displays.
    I think Fyvie fills this role, its just unfortunate that his form jadnt recovered since he was injured.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    I think Fyvie fills this role, its just unfortunate that his form jadnt recovered since he was injured.

Agree. Fyvie seems like a strong character. But he's in very poor form.

We will miss McGinns drive from midfield on Saturday I feel

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    We will miss McGinns drive from midfield on Saturday I feel
    McGeough can hopefully start. On another note when was the last time we had our cup final midfield of McGinn, Fyvie and McGeough playing together? It's our best midfield lineup but don't think we've really been able to use them at the same time that much.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Full backs particularly Lewis IMO his crossing isnt great and maybe Crane might have been given a run even last 20 or so.
    Lewis has been in incredible form in 2017, he is well worth his place.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    In some of the games his crossing has been woeful and especially in games when he doesnt need to be defending so much personally think Crane could have got more game time to see what he could do in an attacking sense.

In some of the games his crossing has been woeful and especially in games when he doesnt need to be defending so much personally think Crane could have got more game time to see what he could do in an attacking sense.
    Or we make sure we get a natural wide left winger to supply the crosses and let Lewis do what he does best and defend, has Crane played as a left midfielder before, that could be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Nobody in that team has been in 'incredible' form in 2017. Our form has been abysmal.

He's been far from the worst. But incredible?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Nobody in that team has been in 'incredible' form in 2017. Our form has been abysmal.

He's been far from the worst. But incredible?
    Not incredible, but equally not abysmal.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Or we make sure we get a natural wide left winger to supply the crosses and let Lewis do what he does best and defend, has Crane played as a left midfielder before, that could be the answer.
    We did have Matty Kennedy who I though t was good but Stubbsy obviously didnt fancy him much and changed the shape.

We did have Matty Kennedy who I though t was good but Stubbsy obviously didnt fancy him much and changed the shape.

Was he not a right footer played on the left, if I remember correctly he kept cutting onto his right which kept us narrow, very similar to Harris, right footed who prefers to play on the left.