hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shinnie

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Shinnie makes mistakes but that's because he tries to be creative and get forward.

Sometimes it works for him but sometimes it doesn't. I think he'd look a much better player if there were others driving forward and taking the pressure off him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most fans miss that the player getting caught in possession and sometimes falling over the ball, is the man working for the team.

The players they should be shouting at are the ones who are anonymous keeping themselves out of harms way and leaving others to get pelters for trying unsuccessfully to bring them into play.

All players have bad games, but some players hide in games, and as they do nothing wrong fans tend to think they did well?
    I don't post much these days but I read a lot of well thought out posts and some drivel.

This (above) is spot on. I'm not saying I know everything about football, I don't but I do agree a lot of fans seems to miss the intricacies and look at the obvious. The performance on Saturday was poor as a whole and I'm finding it difficult to single out players like has been done in a few threads. What I mean by this is:

1. We moved the ball far too slowly throughout the whole team and have done so against these type of teams sitting in all season. The best way to break down teams parking the bus is using width and moving the ball at speed, working and stretching them until openings appear. We attempt to do this by passing across the back etc but it's the speed of the ball is too slow to be effective.

2. Singling players out is easy but seeing why mistakes are made takes considered thinking. Take Keatings, another thread refers to a poor performance. I get that as he didn't show his best but I counted 6 times he showed for the ball or dropped off the shoulder of the defender on the right but the ball was delayed by Gray. By the time it came Keatings had been closed down again and the fans berate him for not getting to the ball. Holt got slated several times for playing balls to 'nowhere' when actually Lewis, Boyle, Gray were the problem as they hadn't made the run.

The above is just my opinion but others will see it differently but my overall point is the whole unit didn't play well enough on Saturday and it's difficult to blame individuals for that imo

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Elaborate how we should be chuffed wi that fighting display of pegging back Dumbarton at home when PLENTY players were anonymous again against a defensive part time team when WE really needed the points? I dinnae get it?
    Where did I say I was chuffed.? I disagree with a post and that is my prerogative. I believe Shinnie to be a good footballer who did not play well on Saturday then again how many did many .? No player goes out on to the pitch to play badly . We all have off days

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Thats fair. Footballs all about opinions. Fwiw I think there is a player somewhere in Andrew Shinnie. But its too inconsistent for me to want to sign him permanently.
    As I have said before its all about opinions so you and I will just have to agree to disagree. Cheers

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Trolling. I feel Shinnie is inconsistent and could do more at times but I'll always support him in the jersey. Nothing fair or reasonable about the tone or content of that first post. Poster clearly couldn't wait to stick the boot in, and fwiw, has previous for that as well, usually right on full time.

no follow up either, like dropping a stinker and walking off. Great stuff. Really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Nonsense. Wasnt the worst on the pitch. Were you at the game? You sound like the clowns that sit behind me.
    Your man of the match again tonight!!'😳👀 ghostbusters👠👠

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    He was missed tonight that's for sure. We're a far better team when he's playing.