hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: James Keatings

Hybrid View

James Keatings

Simple question for my fellow hibees but is he good enough? I like him and when he comes on as a sub he generally does well but it's seems like when it's time for him to start and make an impression he fails. I want him to do well but with him nearing his contacts end is he worth keeping?

Bin him. Cheerio

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simple question for my fellow hibees but is he good enough? I like him and when he comes on as a sub he generally does well but it's seems like when it's time for him to start and make an impression he fails. I want him to do well but with him nearing his contacts end is he worth keeping?
    Blew his chance today. Was very poor. Won't play above this level

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Blew his chance today. Was very poor. Won't play above this level
    Agree. He has these random moments but overall not enough. Couldn't lace Cummings boots.

Was his last game for Hibs today, that I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    Disagree. Think it should be his last game but he will come on as a sub in pretty much every game me thinks

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We have some folk saying he should play up front, others say he should play in the hole behind the strikers.

Whenever he plays in either role, they all say he should be playing in the other.

That tells you all you need to know about him.

He has his moments, but like a few others he's not quite good enough.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Keatings has moments and games where he looks really good, then others where he is ineffective. I think part of that is down to him being in and out of the team (sometimes unfairly), along with being played in a variety of positions, but equally I think there are a number of games where he has had opportunities to show what he can do and hasnt delivered (today probably being an example of that). 1 league goal this season really isnt good enough, but that could equally apply to all our striker apart from Cummings.

@hibs.net private member
    Aye since we have so many strikers waiting to come in and help us out from the bench

Dearie me. Keatings still has a big part to play during the run in and he will score vital goals.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Dearie me. Keatings still has a big part to play during the run in and he will score vital goals.
    Like the total of 1 league goal he has scored this season ?
    I know he had his injury but he has had plenty of opportunitys to prove himself and hasn't.
    I like the boy but he just isn't good enough

What makes you say that? Wish I could share your confidence

He's scored one goal in the league all year and I don't see anything from him to suggest that'll change.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    He was awful today. No space for him to play and completely unable to hold up the ball. Graham was better in his short time on the pitch than him or Holt.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

He's a million miles behind Cummings and he'll toil in the Premiership. It's telling that his last 2 clubs have seen him move on when they were promoted.

His movement is lacking and when it happens it's all straight lines and easy to defend. He is a good finisher generally but the game requires more than that unless you are an exceptional goalscorer, which he's not.

I think he is good enough yes. However today was a huge chance for him and he was absolutely woeful probably his worst game for us. My pal said to me in the warm up his body language looked down and not confident and it didn't have show during the game. I'd keep him for what he is a back up. I don't think you'd get many better players willing to come and play 20/30 mins every week with a start roughly 1/8 games or so. I also think his injury took a lot out of his confidence this season

Felt a bit sorry for him tbh. He cannot play up top with his back to goal. I was raging at Gray as he kept playing the same low ball into Keatings feet and it failed every time. I think he has good attributes to his game but I don't think the role he played today is for him.

Blew his chance big time. Knew he was going to miss his penalty.

Very poor today, can't hold up a ball and movement is poor, still unsure where his best position is. He'll not get a new deal.

We need better next season, he really isn't that good.

Testimonial Due
    Just not good enough. The lad Stirling that was playing for Dumbarton today was much better than Keatings.

First Team Breakthrough 'mon the beers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Just not good enough. The lad Stirling that was playing for Dumbarton today was much better than Keatings.
    This for me. Keatings was awful today and the penalty miss summed up a poor afternoon for him.

Doesn't move to the ball ever. If it ain't to his feet in the box he's static. Not good enough.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JDT View Post
    Subs bench for me, doesn't have what it takes to start games, handy for the last 10 - 15mins of a game.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I quite like Keatings generally, think he's a good player to have in the squad. If he played every week like he did today though, he'd be as well hanging up his boots. He was horrendous. Nothing came off for him at all.

He's a much better player than he showed today. This was a real chance to stake a claim for a starting place, and he blew it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due
    Will be a Dundee Utd, Falkirk or whoever comes down player next year. Not good enough if we want to progress next year.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    A lot of harsh views on him today. People have short memories - Keatings and Boyle both stepped up big time when Cummings wasn't playing and if it were not for an injury he would've been hard to keep out the team. Every one of our players struggle when teams put 11 men (literally) behind he half way line and defend as if lives depend on it. He was unlucky with a penalty and had an effort that was a whisker from being a winner.

I think he'd flourish in the premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    A lot of harsh views on him today. People have short memories - Keatings and Boyle both stepped up big time when Cummings wasn't playing and if it were not for an injury he would've been hard to keep out the team. Every one of our players struggle when teams put 11 men (literally) behind he half way line and defend as if lives depend on it. He was unlucky with a penalty and had an effort that was a whisker from being a winner.

I think he'd flourish in the premiership.
    Must have missed Keatings stepping up. When did that happen? He's scored one league goal.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Must have missed Keatings stepping up. When did that happen? He's scored one league goal.
    I think some folk see what they want to see when it comes to Keatings. Its baffling.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I think some folk see what they want to see when it comes to Keatings. Its baffling.
    I'm not saying he's a superstar, he just plays well in the right conditions i.e. teams who play football and leave a bit of space in behind. He's not ****ing messi, what do you want him to do? Weave past 5 players and chip it into the corner?