hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: John McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's been a right battle getting up, I wouldn't want to come right back down again. If we have to sell them I think we would be better dealing with Celtic. I say that because we might get a couple of good players and some cash.players like GMS, Hendo, Christie and poss LG. no matter what anyone says, I don't think he's Rodgers type and Leigh won't sit on the bench forever.
    how would we get any of these players except on loan? We can't afford their wages, so what's changed?

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's been a right battle getting up, I wouldn't want to come right back down again. If we have to sell them I think we would be better dealing with Celtic. I say that because we might get a couple of good players and some cash.players like GMS, Hendo, Christie and poss LG. no matter what anyone says, I don't think he's Rodgers type and Leigh won't sit on the bench forever.
    Do you want us to act like a feeder club? For ****'s sake.

First Team Breakthrough
    Regardless of how this all pans out, we can be sure of one thing, love him or hate him, Rod P will ensure we get market value and decent sell on as he did with our golden generation. The paltry £1.5 that is being quoted will not even raise a blink.
    Again like all I hope both John and Jason stay for a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    150k. FACT.
    I heard this too

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    We've sold every decent player we've ever had, I can go right back to Joe Baker, Thomson, Brown Whittaker Fletcher, Riordan anyone that was above average got sold and it's not going to change and your naive if you think different. As for coping with Celtic rejects wages, if they want to play they have to accept what's on offer.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Never mind an English club, sell him to China we'll get about 3 billion for him.
    Hope that's not Yen

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodhibs55 View Post
    Regardless of how this all pans out, we can be sure of one thing, love him or hate him, Rod P will ensure we get market value and decent sell on as he did with our golden generation. The paltry £1.5 that is being quoted will not even raise a blink.
    Again like all I hope both John and Jason stay for a while longer.
    100% agree. English clubs may think we will bite their hands off for 1.5 million but these clubs have obviously never deal with Rod Petrie.

Never been his biggest fan (or his biggest critic for that matter!) but when it comes to selling on he always does well for us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    £3M with Hendo and Mackay-Steven in exchange please.
    If we we had to deal with Septic, okay - Hendo (****** MaCkay-Steven) and YOU-KNOW-WHO !. Then arrange with them that we should keep SJM for a further season to really develop him - we'd WIN the SPL !

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    If we sell him,and Cummings,in the summer we will undoubtedly struggle in the bottom half of the table.Anyone who doesn't think that tell me which superior to them players we will sign.Starting the new league with a weakened team is crazy.
    That's what worries me too, all this talk of selling our best players but very little posts/threads on who's gonna replace them. The only good thing is that now the stadium's complete, whatever money we make from them won't vanish into the 'Stadium Development' book like it did for soooooo many years (Petrie's words - not mine - "Once the redevelopement of the stadium is complete, all available money will then be invested into fielding a team that reflects this magnificent stadium"). Should also mean we'd be able to afford a far better quality of replacement-player than we did in those dark-old days !

First Team Breakthrough
    We've sold every decent player we've ever had, I can go right back to Joe Baker, Thomson, Brown Whittaker Fletcher, Riordan anyone that was above average got sold and it's not going to change and your naive if you think different. As for coping with Celtic rejects wages, if they want to play they have to accept what's on offer.
    Few more in the middle, Marinello, Stein, Cormack, Cropley, Blackley, Brownlee, Bremner and probaby a few more I have missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    That's a lot of pish I'm afraid, him and Thompson still have a laugh about that to this day. Quite frankly wasn't 'attacked' either.
    Firing the spike of a pole at someone after they take the pish out of you is attacking them. McGinn also started legal action around the incident, and only never pursued when St Mirren agreed compensation with Hibs. Read any article from that time, SJM certainly never found any of it funny and especially when it could have had far greater implications.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art..._campaign=1490

WBA and Sunderland said to be interested. Apparently they'd be able to get him for £1.5m
    Could the £1.5 million be coming from darkheed?
    Give it a week and then they come in with a £2 million
    offer and we're meant to think it's a great deal.
    Hoping SJM signs a new deal, and stays at least another year.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Firing the spike of a pole at someone after they take the pish out of you is attacking them. McGinn also started legal action around the incident, and only never pursued when St Mirren agreed compensation with Hibs. Read any article from that time, SJM certainly never found any of it funny and especially when it could have had far greater implications.
    He used the situation to his advantage to get a transfer. He certainly isn't bothered now. He turned up for a party hosted by Stephen Thompson with a mask of his face on and a corner flag pole. They are still good pals and the incident clearly means nothing to either of them now.

If Scott brown was sold for 5.5 nice years ago. Hibs would be mad to sell him for a penny less than 4.5 opening offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He used the situation to his advantage to get a transfer. He certainly isn't bothered now. He turned up for a party hosted by Stephen Thompson with a mask of his face on and a corner flag pole. They are still good pals and the incident clearly means nothing to either of them now.
    I never once said he wasn't now, I said a big part of why he isn't at St Mirren is because of that incident and there was certainly ill feeling at the time.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I never once said he wasn't now, I said a big part of why he isn't at St Mirren is because of that incident and there was certainly ill feeling at the time.
    Fair enough then, sorry. He definitely used it to his advantage at the time.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Was speaking to an old pal of mine today who is 'besties' with SJM's dad. Going with him to the semi.
    He's happy at Hibs and only if we fail to get promoted will he be looking for a move.
    No deals agreed with the Smellies.

Let's be honest does anybody really believe hibs will take any old bid for john Mc as much as the tash has had his failings over the past few years 1 that can't be levelled at him is his dealings in selling players, he plays hard ball big time the club gets the best deals possible as for replacing him I think Lennon still has a good name in the game and could get descent replacements imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's Super John McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    It's Super John McGinn
    Sorry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OtleyHibs View Post
    100% agree. English clubs may think we will bite their hands off for 1.5 million but these clubs have obviously never deal with Rod Petrie.

Never been his biggest fan (or his biggest critic for that matter!) but when it comes to selling on he always does well for us.

Leeann Dempster deals with this stuff nowadays.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rodhibs55 View Post
    Few more in the middle, Marinello, Stein, Cormack, Cropley, Blackley, Brownlee, Bremner and probaby a few more I have missed.
    Martin, Scott, Hamilton ...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Leeann Dempster deals with this stuff nowadays.
    Good point, different person but similar result I expect (mean that in a good way) when it comes time to sell. Actually, would have more confidence with Leeann that a suitable replacement would be lined up ahead of selling anyone.

I think Mcginn right now is probably valued at somewhere between 2.5/3million. If he finishes this season strongly and has another good season next (i think he will stay) then 4million is probably a fair assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    I think Mcginn right now is probably valued at somewhere between 2.5/3million. If he finishes this season strongly and has another good season next (i think he will stay) then 4million is probably a fair assessment.

I agree on your assessment but you won't get £4 Mill for him when he only has one year left on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Martin, Scott, Hamilton ...
    Joe Harper John Parks Andy Goram John Collins I think! Goram & Collins were the first two players to be sold under TF/RP presumably to cover the £2Mil guarantee he gave the bank when he took over. Oh and Paterson to Rangers!
    Last edited by Big L; 16-03-2017 at 08:00 PM.

The minute our promotion is secure, we need to go to guys like SJM, Daz McGregor, Marvin Bartley and offer them improved contracts. Particularly SJM. I'd like to see us push the boat out slightly financially to offer him a decent wedge of cash in return for another season.

I don't think anyone is really expecting us to still have Mcginn come 18/19 season but I don't think we're being unreasonable hoping for another season from him. Has performed magically but he needs a season in the Scottish top flight before moving on.

At that point, I'd be looking for starting bids of £5M. The money flying about down England means they either throw it our way or we keep a hold of the players. They're choice

and offers may be more than Hibs can afford

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    and offers may be more than Hibs can afford
    You can but try. The worry is that they sell our best players and don't spend the money to replace them, this way we could get a bit of quality.

First Team Breakthrough

John McGinn

Straight swap from Duncan Watmore anyone? Seriously, £1.5m should be a laughed at for a player of his age and calibre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have been a feeder club since the Colin Stein transfer.