hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John McGinn

John McGinn

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art..._campaign=1490

WBA and Sunderland said to be interested. Apparently they'd be able to get him for £1.5m

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hope we can convince him to sign an extension before he leaves, only got 2 years left on his contract this summer so that might affect his price a little

I reckon we should be able to hold out for about 3m.

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope we can convince him to sign an extension before he leaves, only got 2 years left on his contract this summer so that might affect his price a little
    Yeh, hopefully a contract that will see him stay for one more year, sure he'd be happy to. Then when he goes he can go down South.

£1.5m is peanuts for an EPL club. He's worth way more than that.

Heard he's going to Rangers.

Remember when people used to do that on here?

I hope that's a joke. I'd be very disappointed if there was any truth in him being available for as little as £1.5m.

Hopefully just the ramblings of another trashy, waste of space, newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    £3m???? For a non Old Firm Scottish Cup & League Cup winner, who has played for his country and is only in his early 20's... I certainly hope and expect Leeann to have a bit more ambition than that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Moyes was at the derby replay. Must think he can land JC and SJM for chocolate money.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Triple that and we'll think about it.

But Barry Mckay is worth 6m go figure...

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Yep how much was Barrie McKay being quoted at 6 or 7m, lets start at that.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JackLadd View Post
    Moyes was at the derby replay. Must think he can land JC and SJM for chocolate money.
    Will Moyes even be employed when the transfer window reopens!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    And add in Defoe as a makeweight.

£3M plus defoe...

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post

Hope not if he's trying to take our top young guys away on the cheap. Dour character and turgid football merchant.

I don't know much about his contract other than he has 2 years left this summer. In all honesty, I'd like to see us make a serious attempt at extending this. If he isn't already one of the higher paid players at the club, then if possible, make him one.

We'll be very lucky to keep him over the summer, but if we do get a season out of him in the prem (if we go up!) I'd hate to see him go cheap.

I'm sure the club aren't ignorant of this however, and the quicker we can (hopefully) get promotion secured, I think we'll see movement from the club on this.

Release clause?

Testimonial Due
    John McGinn has only come to the fore since playing in the Championship with us, so that will have a bearing on the price offered.

If we kept him next season in the Premiership, then there is a better chance of getting a better offer.

The only team that has regularly brought big money offers from down south is Celtic, as they appear to win everything up here.

Now even that is taking a turn, look at the players they have been bringing in and the money they are spending to get them!

If we want to progress in the Premiership, we need to keep our best players and get better than we have for the rest of the team, or I fear we could become a yo yo team if we let our best players go!!!!

I seem to recall Kevin Thomson and Scott Allen going to West Brom and not asking an impression. Also Anthony Stokes didn't make it at Sunderland.

John McGinn needs to be careful here. He is getting into the Scotland squad by playing for Hibs even in the Championship. Will he get in not playing for West Brom?

Not getting a game or being farmed out to an English League 1 or League 2 side is the last thing a player needs at his stage of career.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Not sure, but I doubt Sunderland will still be a Premiership club.

Seen a link to an article from the local Sunderland paper on Facebook ( sorry cant do one to the article ) that said Moyes was at Tannadice to cast an eye over Ambrose, Cummings and McGinn.

The paper gave a rundown on the merits of each player .... it was very nice about Ambrose, which aint of much interest to us coz he's a Celtic player. It was also complimentary about Cummings, especially his workrate and cited his red card for handball as a sign of his determination to score by hook or by crook and seen it as a positive

As for John McGinn .... the article said he was definitely promising, but also said they doubted he would be able to cope with the physical demands of England's top two divisions ???

1.5 million sale wouldn't even be worth it after St Mirrens cut

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    When John does move on he needs to think very carefully about where he goes. We all know money turns heads but career wise he needs a club that will improve him as a player and give him game time. As controversial as this may seem on here but I dont think John would regularly figure for any EPL team at present.

Anyone know who his agent is?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art..._campaign=1490

WBA and Sunderland said to be interested. Apparently they'd be able to get him for £1.5m
    As it's the 'Daily Tory' it's no small wonder you've used the 'ROTHFL' - alao applicable to all the other MSM-Rags as well !

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    When John does move on he needs to think very carefully about where he goes. We all know money turns heads but career wise he needs a club that will improve him as a player and give him game time. As controversial as this may seem on here but I dont think John would regularly figure for any EPL team at present.

Anyone know who his agent is?
    One of the reasons he is involved in the national side is that he can cope with the physical demands so there would be no problem on that side playing for an epl side. Add this to his undoubted ability, then I think he can feature regularly.
    On another side, I like all of us, hope he doesn't go for a whileyet.

If he's going to an English club it better be for more than we got for Brown. If his name was Magginici he'd be worth £15m to an daft English club.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Seen a link to an article from the local Sunderland paper on Facebook ( sorry cant do one to the article ) that said Moyes was at Tannadice to cast an eye over Ambrose, Cummings and McGinn.

The paper gave a rundown on the merits of each player .... it was very nice about Ambrose, which aint of much interest to us coz he's a Celtic player. It was also complimentary about Cummings, especially his workrate and cited his red card for handball as a sign of his determination to score by hook or by crook and seen it as a positive

As for John McGinn .... the article said he was definitely promising, but also said they doubted he would be able to cope with the physical demands of England's top two divisions ???
    I read that, and I think I agree with that, they're always looking for 6ft plus athletes. On the other hand that's good news because it means he might stay with us a bit a bit longer.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Never mind an English club, sell him to China we'll get about 3 billion for him.

Sounds about right, with a 20% future sell on clause