hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The monarchy

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I kinda agree with you, but i know lots of self employed people who use tax loopholes to avoid tax. An accountant wouldnt be doing his job properly if they didnt.

Also i dount the civil servants who designed schemes are rich.
    Part of the problem is that tax laws are so complex nowadays, which has come about through successive Governments, of all hues, trying to "simplify" things and coming up with an increasingly convoluted mess. That creates an opportunity for challenge by highly-paid and highly-skilled people.

So you have those people on the one side, and HMRC staff on the other. The latter are relatively poorly paid, arguably less-motivated and, in the face of austerity, under-resourced.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Part of the problem is that tax laws are so complex nowadays, which has come about through successive Governments, of all hues, trying to "simplify" things and coming up with an increasingly convoluted mess. That creates an opportunity for challenge by highly-paid and highly-skilled people.

So you have those people on the one side, and HMRC staff on the other. The latter are relatively poorly paid, arguably less-motivated and, in the face of austerity, under-resourced.
    A lot of the time the former are the more experienced, head hunted ex-colleagues of the latter.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    A lot of the time the former are the more experienced, head hunted ex-colleagues of the latter.
    Yup, I've known of plenty.

And why wouldn't they?

The BBC holierthan thou approach is nauseating.This is an organisation who allowed employees to form companies so that their wage from the BBC was treated as fees and not subject to PAYE resulting in a much lower tax bill for the individual and no employers NHI for the beeb.As they would say this is of course not illegal.