hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Ref 2

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't think that was one of their main arguments but fair enough if it was.
    Unfortunately this was a referendum on independence, with many MANY issues on the line. We had our EU referendum last year and we are where we are because of that.
    I still don't think it's right to have referendums every time there's a change on the political horizon, and as I say, a YES will signal the end of that particular referendum question,,,,is that how democracy works, keep asking the question until you get the right answer?
    Every time? How many have I missed, cos I only voted in one.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Sturgeon is off her head. Just reading some of the comments in news sites, the English are mostly saying please go as we subsidise your free prescriptions, college degrees and care homes - all things they don't get. If we were subsidising England like they do us the Gnat fury would be rightly apoplectic. I don't want the Euro and I don't want to be run or bailed out by the Germans or IMF, Sturgeon. Because that is what will happen. The fools who elect people like Mhairi Black will not tolerate the cuts needed, they are all living in cloud cuckoo land like wee depressed Mhairi on her 80k a year.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    the bitterness and hatred towards the leader of our country is thoroughly disgusting

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/1...urgeon/?ref=ar

but the last comment from 'A Sam Holland' did raise a laugh

A Sam Holland @samhollandlcfc , who on January 8 in 2016, stated: "Wish Nicola Sturgeon would shut her horrible lesbian Scottish mouth"

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by JackLadd View Post
    Sturgeon is off her head. Just reading some of the comments in news sites, the English are mostly saying please go as we subsidise your free prescriptions, college degrees and care homes - all things they don't get. If we were subsidising England like they do us the Gnat fury would be rightly apoplectic. I don't want the Euro and I don't want to be run or bailed out by the Germans or IMF, Sturgeon. Because that is what will happen. The fools who elect people like Mhairi Black will not tolerate the cuts needed, they are all living in cloud cuckoo land like wee depressed Mhairi on her 80k a year.
    That's quite a ramble.

What news sites, by the way? Daily Mail?

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Does Brexit not entitle folk to think again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Indeed it does, and my vote is likely to change from No to Yes.
    Even in a small sub sample like Hibs.net there is proof that Brexit is/was a game changer.

You claim that almost half the electorate are fools whilst you (the clever one) are happy to believe anything printed in the comments section of the Daily Mail.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

have you told any of these 'fools' what you think of them to their faces, or just on a keyboard ?

Sorry, but I don't buy the argument that we voted to leave the EU as a "United" Kingdom. We quite evidently aren't united. Scotland doesn't get what it wants from this "united" kingdom 99% of the time, so why keep lying to yourselves?

Why are you so desperate to cling on to something that quite clearly isn't in the democratic interests of our nation? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's a referendum that needs to be held imo. Brexit was, whether people like it or not, a game changer.

A vote either way now should answer the question for the forseeable. Tbh I'm undecided as it stands, leaning towards yes, but like last time my vote is up for grabs.
    I agree with your first bit there. I thought her reasoning was right. This is a fundamental change and an opportunity for people to take the decision in amongst what any reasonable person would describe as a very significant change of circumstances.

@hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    have you told any of these 'fools' what you think of them to their faces, or just on a keyboard ?
    He probably wouldn't even say it to Mhairi Black's face.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    You can vote No, you know. It's allowed.

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    You can vote No, you know. It's allowed.
    But the Gnats will chase him and find him and sting him
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Another cracker from UnionJackLadd.

You honestly believe that a UK Government (a tory one at that) that governs over 64 million people would use tax payers money from England to subsidize the lives of 5.3 million people living in Scotland, a country that just doesn't vote for them ever?

Aye, I can see how that would make electoral sense.

But it said so in your rightwing tory rag, so it must be true.

Scottish Cup Champion CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    So you're basing your information on comments on news sites? brilliant.
    You really think if we were such a drain on the British ecomony, they'd be clinging on to us as much as they are?

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Another cracker from UnionJackLadd.

You honestly believe that a UK Government (a tory one at that) that governs over 64 million people would use tax payers money from England to subsidize the lives of 5.3 million people living in Scotland, a country that just doesn't vote for them ever?

Aye, I can see how that would make electoral sense.

But it said so in your rightwing tory rag, so it must be true.
    Not even in said rag. In the comments section, which of course is the home of reason and fact.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    So you're basing your information on comments on news sites? brilliant.
    You really think if we were such a drain on the British ecomony, they'd be clinging on to us as much as they are?
    It's because they love and respect us you know.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Even in a small sub sample like Hibs.net there is proof that Brexit is/was a game changer.

You claim that almost half the electorate are fools whilst you (the clever one) are happy to believe anything printed in the comments section of the Daily Mail.

Yes, no doubt Brexit will have been a factor for some. Equall
    y there will be folk who didn't give the EU much thought but based their vote on whether the SNP made a strong enough economic argument to leave.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I see wee Ruth Davidson has gone radge. When you see the Tories in meltdown, you know something good is happening
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Now we know what the question will be.

The question in the new #ScotRef: When England throws itself out of the boat like a block of concrete, do you want your foot tied to it?
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

She can stick her Referendum where the Sun don't shine.

[QUOTE=stantonhibby;4977409 Equall
    y there will be folk who didn't give the EU much thought but based their vote on whether the SNP made a strong enough economic argument to leave.[/QUOTE]

Which will be absolutely critical given the hammering the SNP took over this the last time and the drop in Oil price between then and now.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Which will be absolutely critical given the hammering the SNP took over this the last time and the drop in Oil price between then and now.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    You mean Scotland :-)

Left by mutual consent!
    I see nats are playing the man and not the ball as usual. You have never dealt in facts, only heather brained dreams and castles made of sand / tartan utopias. Look at the raw data of where we do our trade (17% Eu, 68% England), the current deficit of revenue vs expenditure in Scotland (9%, and not including legacy debt that would be added), the oil taxation revenue on current Brent crude price (0%), the 10% unemployment in the Euro zone, and argue on that. Go on and make a case. How long do you think we'd last? How would it be better? Sturgeon will be A okay, not most of you.
    Last edited by JackLadd; 13-03-2017 at 03:03 PM.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Every time? How many have I missed, cos I only voted in one.
    You are off course correct, my first post on this thread was going to mention that there has only been the one independence referendum but it never got posted because it got a bit ranty
    My point is/was, I'm not sure it's healthy to have the same arguments over and over re a binary question. The question is a simple one but one answer opens the door for it to be asked again, the other slams it shut,,,,for ever! I'm only asking does that sound fair?

Well it certainly doesn't shine on Scotland in this equal partnership of ours.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    We have general elections every 4/5 years. Why not just have one election and keep those in power forever. Why keep asking the question until you get the government you want?
    There's a huge difference between an election and a referendum. My point is, is it healthy to have more than one referendum asking the same question?

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    So you won't be voting?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    There's a huge difference between an election and a referendum. My point is, is it healthy to have more than one referendum asking the same question?
    Instead of just saying that there's a huge difference. Perhaps you would like to explain what this "huge difference" actually is?

Is it healthy to forever remaining in a "union" where your voice is merely ignored time and time again?

I see nats are playing the man and not the ball as usual. You have never dealt in facts, only heather brained dreams and castles made of sand / tartan utopias. Look at the raw data of where we do our trade (17% Eu, 68% England), the current deficit of revenue vs expenditure in Scotland (9%, and not including legacy debt that would be added), the oil taxation revenue on current Brent crude price (0%), the 10% unemployment in the Euro zone, and argue on that. Go on and make a case. How long do you think we'd last? How would it be better? Sturgeon will be A okay, not most of you.
    You've got the bones of an argument and the start of a meaningful debate just about kicking off here (which would be a very good thing) but the style of your posts makes it very hard to want to engage with you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Instead of just saying that there's a huge difference. Perhaps you would like to explain what this "huge difference" actually is?

Is it healthy to forever remaining in a "union" where your voice is merely ignored time and time again?
    our voice is ignored time and again in europe , but still 60% of us voted to remain in that union .