hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orange Walk

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTheCelt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't say I disagree with what you have said. Myself I don't sing those songs however I know exactly what they are about and although there is no anti-protestant sentiment in them, it is outdated and has no part of modern day society I AGREE fully. However all of my fellow Celtic supporting friends have no interest in it either but I have many Rangers supporting friends that are fully invested in all that carry on so that always clouds my judgement when trying to form an unbiased opinion, perhaps you can forgive my bias on that part?

To be fully honest with you mate, all of it the sectarianism the hatred from both sides because of something that is now ancient history leaves me feeling disillusioned with it all. I want to be able to support Celtic and talk about Celtic without someone having a preconceived notion that I support the IRA and "the cause" or that I'm a devout catholic (I'm atheist). I know there is many Celtic fans who would think because I feel at all like that it makes me less of a Celtic fan than them, maybe I am? I do find myself losing interest these days.

I know a lot of Celtic fans and they are very into the whole ira thing and Wear it as a badge of honour the more songs they know etc. I do believe you that you yourself aren't interested but I'd say you are in a minority there.

If you are getting disinterested in all things Celtic you could always get a season ticket for the true greens.👀

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    I know a lot of Celtic fans and they are very into the whole ira thing and Wear it as a badge of honour the more songs they know etc. I do believe you that you yourself aren't interested but I'd say you are in a minority there.

If you are getting disinterested in all things Celtic you could always get a season ticket for the true greens.👀
    Haha no I still love Celtic but I think my match going days are over now. I don't actually talk about Celtic or football now outwith football/Celtic forums my main passion and interest to be honest is music so its more money to be spent on that

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTheCelt View Post
    Can't say I disagree with what you have said. Myself I don't sing those songs however I know exactly what they are about and although there is no anti-protestant sentiment in them, it is outdated and has no part of modern day society I AGREE fully. However all of my fellow Celtic supporting friends have no interest in it either but I have many Rangers supporting friends that are fully invested in all that carry on so that always clouds my judgement when trying to form an unbiased opinion, perhaps you can forgive my bias on that part?

To be fully honest with you mate, all of it the sectarianism the hatred from both sides because of something that is now ancient history leaves me feeling disillusioned with it all. I want to be able to support Celtic and talk about Celtic without someone having a preconceived notion that I support the IRA and "the cause" or that I'm a devout catholic (I'm atheist). I know there is many Celtic fans who would think because I feel at all like that it makes me less of a Celtic fan than them, maybe I am? I do find myself losing interest these days.
    That's a fair enough reply. Maybe you and the silent majority that you refer to amongst the Celtic board could be a bit more vocal about your feelings and ask Peter Lawwell and the rest of the club's hierarchy to start getting serious with stamping this nonsense out at Parkhead.

There is an orange walk every year in Benidorm,they even come over from the uk to march,it starts at The Ibrox Bar.....Don't really think the Spanish authorities fully understand it or I don't suppose they would allow it as Spain is a catholic country.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingJack View Post
    There is an orange walk every year in Benidorm,they even come over from the uk to march,it starts at The Ibrox Bar.....Don't really think the Spanish authorities fully understand it or I don't suppose they would allow it as Spain is a catholic country.
    Why should the Catholics miss out on the fun of laughing at these bell-ends?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingJack View Post
    I thought there was an orange walk every day in Benidorm. Never seen so many 4XL The Rangers shirts in one place before.

It's a shame. Some of their tunes are good.

I'll get me coat.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    It's a shame. Some of their tunes are good.

I'll get me coat.
    When I was 17 I was away with a group. Was playing guitar one night for a sing song and a Leith based Hun wanted me to play the Sash. I refused, he threatened me, I still refused, as he didn't know a C chord from a G string he backed off.

I have recently been asked to give guitar lessons to a The Rangers fan. I'm trying to find a way by lesson 3 that he'll be playing SOL without realising it

😀😀😀😀