hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Orange Walk

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTheCelt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't say I disagree with what you have said. Myself I don't sing those songs however I know exactly what they are about and although there is no anti-protestant sentiment in them, it is outdated and has no part of modern day society I AGREE fully. However all of my fellow Celtic supporting friends have no interest in it either but I have many Rangers supporting friends that are fully invested in all that carry on so that always clouds my judgement when trying to form an unbiased opinion, perhaps you can forgive my bias on that part?

    To be fully honest with you mate, all of it the sectarianism the hatred from both sides because of something that is now ancient history leaves me feeling disillusioned with it all. I want to be able to support Celtic and talk about Celtic without someone having a preconceived notion that I support the IRA and "the cause" or that I'm a devout catholic (I'm atheist). I know there is many Celtic fans who would think because I feel at all like that it makes me less of a Celtic fan than them, maybe I am? I do find myself losing interest these days.

    I know a lot of Celtic fans and they are very into the whole ira thing and Wear it as a badge of honour the more songs they know etc. I do believe you that you yourself aren't interested but I'd say you are in a minority there.

    If you are getting disinterested in all things Celtic you could always get a season ticket for the true greens.👀


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Lesser Green MichaelTheCelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know a lot of Celtic fans and they are very into the whole ira thing and Wear it as a badge of honour the more songs they know etc. I do believe you that you yourself aren't interested but I'd say you are in a minority there.

    If you are getting disinterested in all things Celtic you could always get a season ticket for the true greens.👀
    Haha no I still love Celtic but I think my match going days are over now. I don't actually talk about Celtic or football now outwith football/Celtic forums my main passion and interest to be honest is music so its more money to be spent on that

  4. #33
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30,326
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTheCelt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't say I disagree with what you have said. Myself I don't sing those songs however I know exactly what they are about and although there is no anti-protestant sentiment in them, it is outdated and has no part of modern day society I AGREE fully. However all of my fellow Celtic supporting friends have no interest in it either but I have many Rangers supporting friends that are fully invested in all that carry on so that always clouds my judgement when trying to form an unbiased opinion, perhaps you can forgive my bias on that part?

    To be fully honest with you mate, all of it the sectarianism the hatred from both sides because of something that is now ancient history leaves me feeling disillusioned with it all. I want to be able to support Celtic and talk about Celtic without someone having a preconceived notion that I support the IRA and "the cause" or that I'm a devout catholic (I'm atheist). I know there is many Celtic fans who would think because I feel at all like that it makes me less of a Celtic fan than them, maybe I am? I do find myself losing interest these days.
    That's a fair enough reply. Maybe you and the silent majority that you refer to amongst the Celtic board could be a bit more vocal about your feelings and ask Peter Lawwell and the rest of the club's hierarchy to start getting serious with stamping this nonsense out at Parkhead.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  5. #34
    Testimonial Due RamblingJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Jalon Valley,Spain.
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,029
    There is an orange walk every year in Benidorm,they even come over from the uk to march,it starts at The Ibrox Bar.....Don't really think the Spanish authorities fully understand it or I don't suppose they would allow it as Spain is a catholic country.

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingJack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is an orange walk every year in Benidorm,they even come over from the uk to march,it starts at The Ibrox Bar.....Don't really think the Spanish authorities fully understand it or I don't suppose they would allow it as Spain is a catholic country.
    Why should the Catholics miss out on the fun of laughing at these bell-ends?
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  7. #36
    Testimonial Due Geo_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In my Joy Division Oven Gloves
    Posts
    3,516
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingJack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is an orange walk every year in Benidorm,they even come over from the uk to march,it starts at The Ibrox Bar.....Don't really think the Spanish authorities fully understand it or I don't suppose they would allow it as Spain is a catholic country.
    I thought there was an orange walk every day in Benidorm. Never seen so many 4XL The Rangers shirts in one place before.

  8. #37
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    9,111
    It's a shame. Some of their tunes are good.

    I'll get me coat.

  9. #38
    Testimonial Due ACLeith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Age
    69
    Posts
    1,049
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a shame. Some of their tunes are good.

    I'll get me coat.
    When I was 17 I was away with a group. Was playing guitar one night for a sing song and a Leith based Hun wanted me to play the Sash. I refused, he threatened me, I still refused, as he didn't know a C chord from a G string he backed off.

    I have recently been asked to give guitar lessons to a The Rangers fan. I'm trying to find a way by lesson 3 that he'll be playing SOL without realising it

    😀😀😀😀

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved