Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTheCelt View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Can't say I disagree with what you have said. Myself I don't sing those songs however I know exactly what they are about and although there is no anti-protestant sentiment in them, it is outdated and has no part of modern day society I AGREE fully. However all of my fellow Celtic supporting friends have no interest in it either but I have many Rangers supporting friends that are fully invested in all that carry on so that always clouds my judgement when trying to form an unbiased opinion, perhaps you can forgive my bias on that part?

To be fully honest with you mate, all of it the sectarianism the hatred from both sides because of something that is now ancient history leaves me feeling disillusioned with it all. I want to be able to support Celtic and talk about Celtic without someone having a preconceived notion that I support the IRA and "the cause" or that I'm a devout catholic (I'm atheist). I know there is many Celtic fans who would think because I feel at all like that it makes me less of a Celtic fan than them, maybe I am? I do find myself losing interest these days.

I know a lot of Celtic fans and they are very into the whole ira thing and Wear it as a badge of honour the more songs they know etc. I do believe you that you yourself aren't interested but I'd say you are in a minority there.

If you are getting disinterested in all things Celtic you could always get a season ticket for the true greens.👀