hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What festivals are you looking forward to this year?

The stretch is appearing in the evenings and Im now planning my festivals for the year.

First one up for me is Supersonic festival being held in the Digneth Area of Birmingham https://supersonicfestival.com I've been once before and really enjoyed it. Like the last time I only new one of two of the performers playing but I trust them to be of very high quality. Looking forward to hearing Raime, Oxbow & Colin Stetson who I'm told by mates in the know will be one of my best live experiences ever!?

Body & Soul Festival used to be a botique festival but has expanded a fair bit to around 15000 now http://bodyandsoul.ie Still has a reall nice buzz about the place, a crowd that and just there for the craic & good vibes. This will be the second year I'll actually be taking a workshop at it in the hollistic area so I get my ticket for free Looking forward to Sleaford Mods, Vitalic & Birdy Nam Nam although theres loads on the line up here that I'm looking forward to.

A wee festival on an island off the West Coast of Ireland is Turkfest (the Islands called innishturk)..Think theres nly about 120 going..You basically live with the Islanders or on the campsite with music in their town hall & lots activities like crab fishing & group kareoke ;-) http://turkfest.squarespace.com/about/ Again I from what I heard the vibes supposed to be lovely & its a nice change..

So what are ye all planning to go to this year?

2. Log in to remove the advert

T in the Park

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    T in the Park
    Definitely. Will be so much better than last 2 years.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    The stretch is appearing in the evenings and Im now planning my festivals for the year.

First one up for me is Supersonic festival being held in the Digneth Area of Birmingham https://supersonicfestival.com I've been once before and really enjoyed it. Like the last time I only new one of two of the performers playing but I trust them to be of very high quality. Looking forward to hearing Raime, Oxbow & Colin Stetson who I'm told by mates in the know will be one of my best live experiences ever!?

Body & Soul Festival used to be a botique festival but has expanded a fair bit to around 15000 now http://bodyandsoul.ie Still has a reall nice buzz about the place, a crowd that and just there for the craic & good vibes. This will be the second year I'll actually be taking a workshop at it in the hollistic area so I get my ticket for free Looking forward to Sleaford Mods, Vitalic & Birdy Nam Nam although theres loads on the line up here that I'm looking forward to.

A wee festival on an island off the West Coast of Ireland is Turkfest (the Islands called innishturk)..Think theres nly about 120 going..You basically live with the Islanders or on the campsite with music in their town hall & lots activities like crab fishing & group kareoke ;-) http://turkfest.squarespace.com/about/ Again I from what I heard the vibes supposed to be lovely & its a nice change..

So what are ye all planning to go to this year?
    Raime are brilliant live. Their drummer is an italian girl called Valentina who is probably in the top 3 drummers I have ever seen live.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Definitely. Will be so much better than last 2 years.
    I'm guessing it's not happening this year?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatgabbo View Post
    Raime are brilliant live. Their drummer is an italian girl called Valentina who is probably in the top 3 drummers I have ever seen live.
    Cool..Raime were the only act I had listened to or heard of prior to the line up being announced 😎

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    I'm guessing it's not happening this year?
    Yeah!!!! 😅
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Radiohead and Belle & Sebastian at TRNSMT. Two of my all time favorite bands and both excellent live.
    http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/ - Read my blog "So A Season Starts.. " - Updated TODAY 03/08/15

Not just sometimes but always Northernhibee's Avatar
    Glastonbury - it's true that it isn't what is used to be but still no other festival comes close. Over one hundred stages of music, comedy, theatre, circus, burlesque, spoken word, debate - where T in the Park took away a lot of the stages Glasto keeps expanding and goes from strength to strength in terms of variety. Something hopefully Geoff Ellis will recognise.

Thinking Belladrum, thinking Doune the Rabbit Hole and tempted by Green Man.

Rangers 2-3 Hibernian
    20th April 2016, 21st May 2016, 12th August 2017

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Yeah!!!! 😅
    Remember doing my one and only festival crowd surf at the first one to Rage Against the machine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Radiohead and Belle & Sebastian at TRNSMT. Two of my all time favorite bands and both excellent live.
    I've seen Radiohead a couple of times..Rock Werchter in Belgium was one but I can't actually remember seeing them (they were the reason I went! Luckily I mind seeing them at Meadowbank)..Saw Belle & Sebastian at Primavera a few years back & was kinda disappointed, I think it was just too Big a stage for them..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Glastonbury - it's true that it isn't what is used to be but still no other festival comes close. Over one hundred stages of music, comedy, theatre, circus, burlesque, spoken word, debate - where T in the Park took away a lot of the stages Glasto keeps expanding and goes from strength to strength in terms of variety. Something hopefully Geoff Ellis will recognise.

Thinking Belladrum, thinking Doune the Rabbit Hole and tempted by Green Man.
    Still never done Glastonbury & I think that ship might have sailed for me...Sounds class..I love being able to winder about and stumble upon something, about something that you might have had no interest in/understanding of, that blows you away.

Just had a look at Doune the Rabbit Hole..Im back in Scotland that week so might try & get it, looks great

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Still never done Glastonbury & I think that ship might have sailed for me...Sounds class..I love being able to winder about and stumble upon something, about something that you might have had no interest in/understanding of, that blows you away.

Just had a look at Doune the Rabbit Hole..Im back in Scotland that week so might try & get it, looks great
    I've done Glastonbury many times, and it's rumoured that this year will.be the last on that site.

It's definitely not on next year, but Sir Michael is said to be fed up with the local farmers demanding more money. He may just call their bluff.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I've done Glastonbury many times, and it's rumoured that this year will.be the last on that site.

It's definitely not on next year, but Sir Michael is said to be fed up with the local farmers demanding more money. He may just call their bluff.

I'd heard that too..The gang I would have gone with in the past have dwindled away from festival going..From the tales they told me you didnt even have to leave the campsite to have a great time & see some weird and wonderful things

Coaching Staff
    Rtj at the summer sessions at Bellahouston.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Rtj at the summer sessions at Bellahouston.
    Brilliant live!

The only worth the money starts tomorrow.

Leith festival 😊

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    The only worth the money starts tomorrow.
    To pricey for me, I like to leave my festivals with some cash for a hair of the dog when I get back home

First Team Breakthrough
    Sziget Festival in Budapest, went last year and it's by far the best festival experience I've had.

@hibs.net private member
    Paleo festival in Nyon. Went last year for two nights, Muse headlining one night and Iron Maiden the next. Line up to be announced soon so will make decision then. Lollapalooza Berlin was good last year too.

@hibs.net private member
    Rewind festival for me in July but not camping staying in a hotel.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Frazdazhfc
    Want to go to Benicassim. Definitely on next year's agenda anyway!

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    BBC 6 Music Festival this weekend in Glasgow

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

It's not like farmers to want their pound of flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Radiohead and Rag n Bone man on the Friday.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 1,789.68!

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    It's not like farmers to want their pound of flesh.
    Know anyone who doesnt?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 1,789.68!

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    BBC 6 Music Festival this weekend in Glasgow
    Yep. Songhoy blues tomorrow. Also managed to get Depeche tickets for the day after. Should be belting, barrowlands is a great venue.

My daughter is going to Lost and Found Festival in Malta. Bet it ends up messy!

Not just sometimes but always Northernhibee's Avatar

Glasto announced the first 88 bands today. Still a few hundred acts to come. Looks a really strong first announcement. Can't wait

Rangers 2-3 Hibernian
    20th April 2016, 21st May 2016, 12th August 2017