hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Katie Hopkins

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are they poor?
    They claimed to be, that's how the first book started. Perhaps their poverty was relative to their upbringing,,,,

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member 21.05.2016's Avatar
    Vile woman who makes a living from spouting her hate-filled and bigoted views. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but its like she goes out of her way to be as controversial as possible. As horrible as she is, I actually don't think she means some of the things she says, she just wants to say things that will provoke the most reaction to get herself into the spot light. Best thing would be for the media to blank her and stop giving her the attention she so badly craves.

I cringe when I listen to her. So far up her own arse and a witch that for some reason believes she is better than everyone else.
    Sir David Gray

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40057165

Broadcaster Katie Hopkins is to leave her show on LBC "immediately", the national talk radio station has said.

After Hopkins made the comments, another LBC presenter, James O'Brien, described on air the "shame" he felt about sharing a platform with her

He called Hopkins "a monstrous self-publicist" who "employs the most vile of thoughts and language in a desperate attempt to stay relevant and get noticed".

i think that's the best description anyone can describe of this vile woman

i wonder which other media outlet will sign her up next (apart from mail online)

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40057165

Broadcaster Katie Hopkins is to leave her show on LBC "immediately", the national talk radio station has said.

After Hopkins made the comments, another LBC presenter, James O'Brien, described on air the "shame" he felt about sharing a platform with her

He called Hopkins "a monstrous self-publicist" who "employs the most vile of thoughts and language in a desperate attempt to stay relevant and get noticed".

i think that's the best description anyone can describe of this vile woman

i wonder which other media outlet will sign her up next (apart from mail online)
    I tend to agree with Mr O'Brien's assessment.
    Spot on.

Apparently she is on Fox news tonight to explain why we need a Trump in Britain odeous old boiler

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    It seems that some others at LBC were rather overjoyed at the news.

There were "massive cheers and applause" in the newsroom after confirmation was received that she would be leaving, according to Amol Rajan, the BBC's media editor.

I still maintain that the only time I really want to see that creature's name in press is immediately adjacent to the phrase "maimed by tiger" or similar.

However, this is a start.

Ireland's Greatest Import Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I still maintain that the only time I really want to see that creature's name in press is immediately adjacent to the phrase "maimed by tiger" or similar.

However, this is a start.
    There might be an animal cruelty aspect to that though. I'd settle for "shot into the centre of the sun" or "crushed by falling piano" for some suitably macabre yet cartoonish karma.

Testimonial Due weecounty hibby's Avatar
    She is a horrible excuse for a human being. Although I absolutely agree with freedom of so each it should really be accompanied with an IQ test. Well done for LBC dumping her. It's just a pity that some more of the more right wing media will keep allowing her to spit her bile.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    She is a horrible excuse for a human being. Although I absolutely agree with freedom of so each it should really be accompanied with an IQ test. Well done for LBC dumping her. It's just a pity that some more of the more right wing media will keep allowing her to spit her bile.
    She got the job at LBC by being the very person she was eventually sacked by them for being. If that makes sense.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    She got the job at LBC by being the very person she was eventually sacked by them for being. If that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Well done for LBC dumping her.
    Indeed. No praise due to LBC at all, IMO. She's hateful, and she gives licence to others to spout their own hate. What a society we've become. Sad.

Columnists like her and Kelvin Mackenzie sort of perform a role in the media though, don't they? They're spouting hate all the time until they, themselves, become hate figures and have to be got rid of to save their employers' faces.

They're richly rewarded. They obviously keep a lot of readers happy and sell papers etc. So it's just a matter of time before someone else steps up to fill their roles and continue the pattern.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Columnists like her and Kelvin Mackenzie sort of perform a role in the media though, don't they? They're spouting hate all the time until they, themselves, become hate figures and have to be got rid of to save their employers' faces.

They're richly rewarded. They obviously keep a lot of readers happy and sell papers etc. So it's just a matter of time before someone else steps up to fill their roles and continue the pattern.
    What does that say about life in the 21st century? We richly reward people who spout hate. God help us all.

The word c***, personified.