hibs.net Messageboard

What would you have done?

A bloke got nicked in West pilton last night for allegedly knocking off a wee scrote that allegedly nicked his motor bike. What would you have done in that situation baring in mind he theiving of bikes and riding them like something out of mad max has been going on for a while now.

2. Log in to remove the advert

As i have a bike i would have done exactly the same, total joke they dinnae get chased by polis coz they've no got a lid on.

Blog Entries
    Would depend on whether I had a rifle or not

Wwf style clothesline

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I hope the wee scrote hurt himself as he was knocked off.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bloke got nicked in West pilton last night for allegedly knocking off a wee scrote that allegedly nicked his motor bike. What would you have done in that situation baring in mind he theiving of bikes and riding them like something out of mad max has been going on for a while now.
    I repeat, "The Law is an ass"

Was he knocked off or knocked off the guys bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Was he knocked off or knocked off the guys bike?
    Laddies (allegedly) nicked his bike. He got in his car and chased (allegedly) went after them and knocked (allegedly) the wee scrote from the bike.

The police seem reluctant to do anything and the fiscal are useless. The locals are getting fed up with the lack of police action so at some point it's going to come to a flash point. My own laddie has been nearly hit twice by the little darlings now

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Not commenting on this specific incident, because I don't know the accurate details, but I think the only circumstance in which you should be entitled to endanger the life of another human being is if someone else's (or your own) life is in imminent danger and, even then, if there's no other option available to protect that life.

I can understand how infuriating some situations, in which you are the victim and essentially helpless, must be but it doesn't justify such extreme action.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Not commenting on this specific incident, because I don't know the accurate details, but I think the only circumstance in which you should be entitled to endanger the life of another human being is if someone else's (or your own) life is in imminent danger and, even then, if there's no other option available to protect that life.

I can understand how infuriating some situations, in which you are the victim and essentially helpless, must be but it doesn't justify such extreme action.
    Agreed but, do you think the little tarry-fingered torag will try & steal the guy's bike again?

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post

Sorry but I believe that if you act outwith the law you don't deserve the protection of the law.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Agreed but, do you think the little tarry-fingered torag will try & steal the guy's bike again?
    You could use the same logic to say it's okay to murder a petty shoplifter. Mental, mental Daily Mail-esque logic.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    You could use the same logic to say it's okay to murder a petty shoplifter. Mental, mental Daily Mail-esque logic.
    Nah you just slap them about a bit when you catch them it acts as a great deterrent, they are very reluctant to chance it in your shop again.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I was burgled one saturday night when we owned a hotel, to make matters worse i let the guy out the front door, i actually opened it for him thinking he was a resident.

He'd broken into the rooms upstairs and stolen money and phones that guests had left in their rooms.

That week i put cctv into the hallway that covered the front door, and lo and behold the same twat came back the next weekend to do the same.

Lets just say he ended up in hospital after getting on the end of my 5 iron, an ash tray and my fists and feet.

The golf clubs were sent two doors down to my friends hotel, and the police were called. He was laid out in the front hallway in a right mess, and as soon as the police arrived they knew the little scrote.

The police took me to hospital for xrays on my knuckles that were broken, and a slight cut on the palm of my hand that was cut from his teeth.

He was taken away in an ambulance and the copper who took me to hospital told me to think about my statement i was going to have to give when we got back.

When i got back an officer started to take my statement, and whenever i said something that may have incriminated me, without telling me to change what i was saying he said now are you sure.

The statement was made and they left. The guy tried to have me charged with assault, and something else i have forgotten, but there was no case to answer with my statement and my girlfriends at the time.

A few days later, one of the officers brought round a form for me to fill in for criminal compensation, and the upshot is i recieved £2k compo.

And Steven Brown the scrote who was a one man burglary machine got 18 months, done half and was released only to be arrested the same day for another burglary.

He's now dead, no great loss.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I was burgled one saturday night when we owned a hotel, to make matters worse i let the guy out the front door, i actually opened it for him thinking he was a resident.

He'd broken into the rooms upstairs and stolen money and phones that guests had left in their rooms.

That week i put cctv into the hallway that covered the front door, and lo and behold the same twat came back the next weekend to do the same.

Lets just say he ended up in hospital after getting on the end of my 5 iron, an ash tray and my fists and feet.

The golf clubs were sent two doors down to my friends hotel, and the police were called. He was laid out in the front hallway in a right mess, and as soon as the police arrived they knew the little scrote.

The police took me to hospital for xrays on my knuckles that were broken, and a slight cut on the palm of my hand that was cut from his teeth.

He was taken away in an ambulance and the copper who took me to hospital told me to think about my statement i was going to have to give when we got back.

When i got back an officer started to take my statement, and whenever i said something that may have incriminated me, without telling me to change what i was saying he said now are you sure.

The statement was made and they left. The guy tried to have me charged with assault, and something else i have forgotten, but there was no case to answer with my statement and my girlfriends at the time.

A few days later, one of the officers brought round a form for me to fill in for criminal compensation, and the upshot is i recieved £2k compo.

And Steven Brown the scrote who was a one man burglary machine got 18 months, done half and was released only to be arrested the same day for another burglary.

Good story but why did you use a 5 iron and not say an 8 or a sand wedge? Just wondered.

Once had a guy try to reach into the till in a pub I was working in. He wouldn't leave after. Things got out of hand started throwing glasses and stuff from the bar at me. So with the help of another member of staff and a helpful punter we got him to the landing of the pub one more set of stairs up to the exit which you could see from the landing. He fell over and as he was swinging for me i manged to get a hold of him thought about smacking him a couple of times, then I hear my mate/co-worker screaming at me to stop what the hell I thought, looked up and saw two police officers standing at the top of the stairs. So they huckle him into the car, come back in and I thought here we go I'm going to get a telling off from them, for how I handled the situation. To my utter surprise they ask me if I want to press charges or can they just "deal with him" round the corner. I liked those two policemen!

Promising Youngster
    Balls go further with a 5 iron😀😀

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gordonced18 View Post
    Balls go further with a 5 iron����

I don't think the rules allow you to hit two (unless one goes out of bounds).

Promising Youngster
    Grand reply 👐👐👐

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

That's the kind of justice I love to hear about. The good old days of cops being on your side when you caught some scrote and gave him a good slap with almost their blessing.

A few years ago a girl I was friends with was in a relationship with a guy who was a total ****bag. After a few months she confessed to us that he was hitting her, we encouraged her to go to the Police but she was reluctant. Eventually she plucked up the courage to go the Police but he was charm personfied and also a pretty clever guy and he was careful enough that there wasn't a lot to go on. She got out the relationship and was just starting to move on when he started turning up at places she was on nights out, calling her with rants about how she had ruined his life and so on.

A few mates and I got a bit fed up off this and waited for him inside the stair where he lived. A few threats and a punch or 2 and she never heard from him again. Last I heard he had moved back to his family in Yorkshire.

An ersehole and a coward. Arguanly not the best way to go about things but it worked. To give the guys a tiny bit credit he doesn't really deserve he never grassed us.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I was burgled in Berlin in 1994. The guy got caught and the police returned some of the property he'd taken but forgot to remove a sticker with the case number and his name and address.

Strangely enough the guy got a severe doing and hospitalised a few months later from a group of guys he'd described as "military in manner" and "English speaking". Luckily for me, when the police arrived to question me I could prove that I'd been on a short vacation back in Scotland when the incident occurred.

I remember reading years ago that a lad in Florida had be caught and charged with rape.
    At the trial his lawyer said that his client couldn't stand. The judge asked why not.
    The lawyer said that the accused unfortunately had and encounter with the victim's father and because of baseball bat injuries his client literally couldn't stand.

It's perfectly acceptable to give a burglar a good kick in. I'd commend anyone that did so. When a burglar commits the crime, they are responsible for the consequences.

We were broken in to last year and I'd have loved to catch the person. You'd just need to be careful you didn't take it too far in the heat of the moment.

Was it not Duncan Ferguson that battered a couple of guys that broke in to his house? It would take proper thick *******s to make that mistake.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmesdale Hibs View Post
    It's perfectly acceptable to give a burglar a good kick in. I'd commend anyone that did so. When a burglar commits the crime, they are responsible for the consequences.

We were broken in to last year and I'd have loved to catch the person. You'd just need to be careful you didn't take it too far in the heat of the moment.

Was it not Duncan Ferguson that battered a couple of guys that broke in to his house? It would take proper thick *******s to make that mistake.
    Not sure if this is one of them stories that has been exaggerated but I believe the big Dunc one he actually caught the guy leaving a window, grabbed him and had him dangling out the window where he was given a few digs before being hauled back in through the window and sat on/restrained till the police arrived.