hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prat

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jabis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About 27years ago........

Working at Macdonald cycles in Morrison street,guy and his wife come in to buy a bike for there 3yrs old kid.

Me : how about this wee bike,it's green and called "the jungle"

Trevor Steven:that looks good

Mrs Steven: he's taking the piss

Still sold them a bike
    I spoke to him once at Ibrox (at the time he'd been out injured for a good while). I let on that I was a hibee behind enemy lines and he was really sound.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Went to the calendar signing one time. Scott Brown was totally disinterested and asked what time the Chelsea game started. There was also something about someone's kid being sad.

Has anyone else waited for an opportunity only to be disappointed?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    When Eddie Turnbull had Mac's Bar my mate took his lager back and told Eddie it was off.

"F*** off son" was Eddie's response

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Once worked in David Murray's office, he chatted away and made sure one of the girls got me a coffee, even though he knew I was a Hibbie!

Also worked in Sir Tom Farmer's office one Saturday morning, he also nattered away, had a good chinwag re the footy! .... he disappeared and came back 10 mins later carrying a pot of coffee and choccy biscuits

The young guy who played for us (well he was in the youth team mainly and only made a few bench apearances) Scott Smith is apparently a right bell end. Used to know a few folk who knew him.

People may not like this one but Anthony Stokes is an arrogant prick. Legend, but not the nicest man.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Two other experiences of note...

one was Chris Robinson, worked his office at Hopetoun House... he wasn't there to start with and it was the normal run of the mill thing... working away and one of the office folk made us a coffee when they were having theirs, what a change when the Pieman arrived, one of the girls almost ran through and grabbed our mugs saying something along the lines of "he doesn't like us giving folks coffee or tea as you should be working when you're here".
    To round it off he was an ignorant sod when he came through to talk to me about the job.... something along the lines of the work needed to be perfect and "left the way it is now" etc etc.... his face was a picture when I pointed out that the bit of work he was going on about was already done!

The other was Wallace Mercer (the astute of you may notice some sort of minor common theme at this point!), went to his newly bought house at Barnton, the sellers had done the whole place up, new bathroom suites the lot, they still had that blue paper ceramic bogs used to have to prevent scratches.
    He didn't like them, fair enough, so he got the guys to rip all the new stuff back out and told them to skip the lot. with it all still lying on the side lawn one of the guys asked him if it would be ok to take one of the suites for a project.
    The answer? ... NO... he then proceeded to get a couple of labourers smash the stuff up with hammers and to make sure he also got them to throw the (brand new!!) taps onto a bonfire all while he watched.

I later found out that the "project" was a charity for folk with special needs on Gorgie Road

Coaching Staff
    My wife's cousin was a great pal of Graham Mitchell & he asked Graham to leave complimentary tickets for me & my father in law, great main stand every home game, until one game against Celtic no tickets. Word was sent into main stand & Alec Ferguson's brother came out to see us & said Graham was sorry but tickets had already gone to a close friend, but Ferguson asked us to follow him into stand down the tunnel then he asked, home or away? Home says I and we got great seats behind dug outs. Two gents.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Many years ago now, me and Springbank (the poster on here) once drove up to see Hibs v Aberdeen at Pittodrie. After the game, we were heading back but ended up sitting for ages in the traffic trying to turn onto Union Street, which was nose to tail with cars. Anyway, eventually, this car across the road waited and the driver waved us out. A closer look revealed the driver to be Billy Dodds, who had played in the game (which we had won). His car was all covered with his own name and some company that sponsored him. We looked at each other then turned back and gave him the tongs and a bit of get-it-round-ye, laughing. He drove on. We ended up sitting there for a good fifteen more minutes waiting to get out, but in our petty minds it was well worth it.

I suppose in this case, he was being pretty decent and it was us who were prats and bellends.
    Last edited by The Green Goblin; 07-03-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    People may not like this one but Anthony Stokes is an arrogant prick. Legend, but not the nicest man.
    He helped give me the best day of my life, so I think I can forgive him...

Was in a pizza shop on London rd at 4am after a defeat to rangers whilst le god was manager. O'Connor and two Burberry clad neddy mates were in the shop. They were wrecked and O'Connor was slagging off le god to anyone who would listen. I was fuming about it for days.

First Team Regular
    Anthony Stokes (who had left us for Celtic at this point) and Danny Galbraith were both in Lulu's with another hibs player (can't remember who) on George Street a while back. Me and a mate from uni both went up to them to let them know that we were both hibees and Danny Galbraith pretty much flew for us dying for a scrap. Was bizarre. Stokes looked like he was loving it as well was as if Galbraith was playing up to him. Anyway, Galbraith got chucked out if memory serves correctly and we got on with our night. Was delighted when he left. As for Stokes, all is forgiven ****ger

As a postie, I used to deliver to a development next to Liberton Golf Club, there was loads of football players staying there at one point.

Alan Maybury - When he was at Hearts, I used to wear my hibs scarf round my delivery when it was cold, we used to have a fair bit of banter. Really nice bloke. He had two HUGE, i think German Shepherds, which he knew I was **** scared off. When I had to bang his door for parcels, he used let them both rush the door.

Lee Makel - spoke to him a few times, seemed sound, also had a few comments to make about me being a Hibby.

Javier Sanchez Broto - Used to shout "ola postieeeeeeee" he was sound.

David Fernandez - Arrogant knob. shades on in the pissing rain, never spoke a word once, even though I handed him mail a million times.

Gabrial Amato - Really nice bloke as well, could hardly speak a word of English, but used to offer me tea/coffee on cold days.

Dick Advocatt - Didn't deliver to him, but I don't think Amato could drive, he used to pick him up for, i think training. Used to slag Hibs off, then when we were due to play them, he bet me £50 they would beat us, i told him I couldny afford to bet like that. Hibs won 1-0 (Zitelli). on the Monday morning he handed me an envelope and drove away. £50 in it. Plus a picture of the league table, with Rangers highlighted in blue pen, and Hibs below them in green.

Yannik Zambernardi - A nice enough guy, but just came across daft as a brush. His wife/Girlfriend was just....

Grant Brebner - Sound as. Really nice bloke, signed a few Hibs things I took him. Stayed in a huge, stunning house.

Alex McLeish - Only ever used to see him briefly, used to get a "morning postie". His wife was a lovely women.

Chris Hogg - didnt deliver to him, but he used to buy a paper every morning from the same shop at liberton that i used to deliver to. Spoke a few times about Hibs, and got him to sign a few things.
    Last edited by 1875STEVE; 07-03-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    My ex wife was a student in glasgow and worked as a waitress at a hotel frequented by a lot of Rangers players and management, on one occasion a group were having dinner and Souness asked her for an apple, she brought him a granny smith green apple and he asked her 'what the f#@k is this? what are you doing bringing me this?' he spent a while making her feel embarrassed and uncomfortable in front of the players and sent her off to get a red apple, apparantly huns dont eat anything green. Prat
    Sourness probably hadn't recovered from his altercation with Aggie, the St Johnson tea lady!

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    I wasn't actually there but my mate told me about this. Story is that a few years ago my mate (a lifelong Hun but good guy) was in the Sponsor's lounge at Castle Greyskull - his company were sponsoring the game and had chosen the MOTM. So in comes Kevin Thomson the chosen MOTM and my mate - in front of all of his Hun loving colleagues (actually - hate to say it but all pretty decent guys as well TBH) tells KT that his best mate (me) is a mental Hibby. The glorious and immediate response from KT was "good guy then". Colleagues must have thought "what a prat" (KT not me that is - well actually probably a bit of both TBH) but on hearing this I personally felt very warm inside - imagine a Rangers (they were called that back then) player , within the confines of Ibrox, saying good things about a Cabbage supporter - lucky to get out alive if you ask me - that is KT and my mate for knowing me and mentioning that he was actually friends with a Hibby !

Bumped into pat fenlon at hampden 21 may 2016

Had his hibs scarf on - really nice bloke - loved the club

Didn't work out for him but fair play for supporting us at the cup final.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Went to the calendar signing one time. Scott Brown was totally disinterested and asked what time the Chelsea game started. There was also something about someone's kid being sad.

Has anyone else waited for an opportunity only to be disappointed?

A calendar signing you say? Can't see a discussion on that lasting long.

Can anyone else see a discussion on calendars lasting more than a page?

Alan maybury Liam Fontaine for hibs players and Danny Wilson were all regulars during my time working at Tesco in Bathgate! At the start of this current season maybury told me that all the staff at Falkirk were aware before the play off game that Stubbs was away at the end of the season regardless of cup and play off results. Danny Wilson surpringly for an ex hearts and current Hun was actually a really decent guy had plenty banter about the cup final and actually lives at the top of my best mates street. Fontaine was never really up for much conversation

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    If a stranger comes up and speaks to me, it's not everyone I take to at first glance and I could see how someone would think I was a bit offish if I didn't like the look of them. To be fair to players, it must be the same for them.

Coaching Staff
    Never had a bad experience with an ex Hibs player, and guess just like the rest of us they are human and can have good or bad days.

Did over the years have contact with various players from Oz for a variety of reasons, and I was surprised by how nice they were to a common enemy!

Appreciate that others experiences maybe different, but John Robertson of The manky mob, went out of his way at a difficult time for him, to supply a Hearts strip for auction for a fund raiser for us.

He had the number 27 (the number of goals he scored against us) and his name printed on the back and engaged in good natured banter throughout the process.

Never met him, he didn't have to spend any time etc..but couldn't have done any more for us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The young one View Post
    Alan maybury Liam Fontaine for hibs players and Danny Wilson were all regulars during my time working at Tesco in Bathgate! At the start of this current season maybury told me that all the staff at Falkirk were aware before the play off game that Stubbs was away at the end of the season regardless of cup and play off results. Danny Wilson surpringly for an ex hearts and current Hun was actually a really decent guy had plenty banter about the cup final and actually lives at the top of my best mates street. Fontaine was never really up for much conversation
    If Stubbs had got us promoted he'd still be here.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    A calendar signing you say? Can't see a discussion on that lasting long.

Can anyone else see a discussion on calendars lasting more than a page?
    Only if one of the subjects raised during alleged conversation in the line is whether Deeks could still do a job for us😋

Total opposite here

Had a few pints with Sandy Macnair last night and he was at the same corporate table as Stubbsy and John Doolan at the latest humping of the Yams

Two of the nicest guys you could wish to meet he said

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    The young guy who played for us (well he was in the youth team mainly and only made a few bench apearances) Scott Smith is apparently a right bell end. Used to know a few folk who knew him.
    Yep, agree with this. Scott Smith was a total fud.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    A very overrated keeper in my opinion and as for that football programme he's on at STV....... It's a disgrace to Scottish broadcasting.
    Overrated? He single handedly kept Hibs in the Premier league for a good few seasons - short memories

Prat

Have met a few former players. Most have been ok...

Medals Mackay compered a charity evening for our friends dad who had past away and he was actually ok.

Alan Rough and Joe Harper.... both were speakers at a Sportsmans dinner and I spoke with them both before and after and they were ok.

Lewis S..... was on the train back to kirkcaldy not long after the 2007 LC victory and I was sitting reading the Evening News Special Edition. Lewis sat opposite and like the gent he was spoke with me and signed my paper. Very very humble and seemed a wee bit embarrassed that I recognised him.

As I mentioned most have been ok but st the same charity evening Goram was there and was a total and utter prick. Drunk and very loud and quite disrespectful throughout and was heckling folk when they were talking in memory of our friends dad. Few folk had words but didn't stop him being an arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    The Good:

Latapy
    Dwight Yorke
    Keith, Keith, Keith
    Mickey Weir
    Chris Jackson
    Darren Jackson
    Steven Tweed
    Jim Leighton
    Robbo
    Dennis Wise
    McLeish
    Harry Potter
    Grant Bremner
    Ray Wilkins
    Jimmy Boco
    Gordon Hunter

The Bad:

Yogi Hughes
    Shaun Dennis
    Deeks
    Barry Lavety
    Andy Goram
    Andy Dow
    Last edited by Auckland Hibs; 08-03-2017 at 07:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    This thread is quite funny...hearing fans opinions on players characters... I wonder how people would react if we could get the reverse version...players views on what individual fans are like to meet in person! Now that , is the thread I would like to read!

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Met Alex miller a couple of times through work and he came across as a nice guy with a dry sense of humour. You must have just caught him on a bad day.
    His laddies on the other hand are total arsewipes.

Quote Originally Posted by QMU-1875 View Post
    Anthony Stokes (who had left us for Celtic at this point) and Danny Galbraith were both in Lulu's with another hibs player (can't remember who) on George Street a while back. Me and a mate from uni both went up to them to let them know that we were both hibees and Danny Galbraith pretty much flew for us dying for a scrap. Was bizarre. Stokes looked like he was loving it as well was as if Galbraith was playing up to him. Anyway, Galbraith got chucked out if memory serves correctly and we got on with our night. Was delighted when he left. As for Stokes, all is forgiven ****ger
    Don't doubt your story (and I know the two of them have been out in George at together before) but was surprised reading that. I used to know Danny quite well, though haven't spoke in a few years, and although he wasn't a great player for us by any stretch - I can't imagine him trying to scrap with anyone, ever!

met a few footballers over the years and although it's annoying when you get a bit of attitude off them.. we all have our moments. If I asked someone's opinion on a minute conversation or first impression of a lot of guys I hang about with.. I'm sure a swear word or two would be used :)

Having said that.. David Grof was a clown.. nice enough laddie, but a clown haha