hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It amazes me fans are still shocked and out raged when this happens. All our recent semis have been the same im sure.

GET OVER IT.

Moaning about it on social media wont change it. TV Rights are worth billions a year to companies. It isnt going to change.

Feel bad for the Aberdeen fans. Thats a 4-5am start for them.
    4-5am? How far do you think Aberdeen is from Glasgow?

They can leave at 8:30 and be there an hour early.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Don't think there's one leaves early enough.
    There are 3 trains that leave early enough, 0633, 0740 and 0842......all are £60 return already. There are no trains that arrive in time for 1230 KO on a Sunday. I tried to book a bus for the Aberdeen Hibs fans but already fully booked by the Sheep. It'll be the car for me. Even that journey, which usually takes 2.5 hours, on big match days like this & Scotland games, takes up to 4 hours due the football traffic. It took me 6 hours to drive down for the Scotland v Ireland game at Parkhead a few years ago. Takes ages to get through Dundee and the Perth to Stirling bit.
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 07-03-2017 at 08:24 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The game could kick off at 3pm and keep virtually every fan happy, and not break any of the rules.

Just don't televise it.

To be fair to supporters, they really are a 2nd thought these days when arranging tv timetables.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Canny believe some folk still complain and give it the faux-shock at an earlier than normal kick-off.

On what planet was this ever going to be anything other than an early kick-off? Never in a billion years would it be 3pm, for the reason every man and his dug knows that doesn't even need repeated again and again and again.

Honestly, moaning cause it's a whole 60-odd miles away (I appreciate not for everyone, including the Aberdeen supporters but Hampden is simply just where the semi's are played and have been played for the last hundred and odd years, so tough titties) and in a different city and you'll need to be up a wee bit early. Hibs are in the semi final of the Scottish Cup with arguably the best draw we could've asked for, we've even got the preferred Saturday tie and you've still got some posters whining like a bunch of miserable auld grannies at a rainy bus stop cause it's no being played at the impossible time of 3pm
    Folk like you are the reason people can make money by wrapping folk in clingfilm and make them lick out toilet bowls
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 07-03-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    We get a lie in compared to Dons fans, quit the complaining, it isnt a big deal.
    It is a big deal. many fans will see it as a reason not to go and you know that. that in itself devalues the event and if I was an Aberdonian, I would certainly think twice about dragging the bairns doon the road. added to that, the whole experience of the day is spoiled because the fans can be toiling to get a couple of beers with mates before it and it will be bedlam trying to all get through and get in before the start. not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    It is a big deal. many fans will see it as a reason not to go and you know that. that in itself devalues the event and if I was an Aberdonian, I would certainly think twice about dragging the bairns doon the road. added to that, the whole experience of the day is spoiled because the fans can be toiling to get a couple of beers with mates before it and it will be bedlam trying to all get through and get in before the start. not happy.
    The Aberdonians will just need to get up a bit earlier, it's a Scottish Cup semi final, surely worth it. The Sheep fans are quick enough to tell us how utterly fantastic they are as an away support anyway, here's their chance to prove it. I hope you are right though and most of them can't be bothered.
    Last edited by marinello59; 07-03-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The Aberdonians will just need to get up a bit earlier, it's a Scottish Cup semi final, surely worth it. The Sheep fans are quick enough to tell us how utterly fantastic they are as an away support anyway, here's their chance to prove it. I hope you are right though and most of them can't be bothered.
    Not the point at all ..... they are fitba fans like us, no matter what team they support. Their opportunity to have a good day out supporting their team is being pissed on at the whim of the TV companies and their financial stranglehold over the SFA .... we should be supporting any gripe they have over the kick off time, not using it as a stick to beat them with !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Not the point at all ..... they are fitba fans like us, no matter what team they support. Their opportunity to have a good day out supporting their team is being pissed on at the whim of the TV companies and their financial stranglehold over the SFA .... we should be supporting any gripe they have over the kick off time, not using it as a stick to beat them with !!!
    They will still have a good day out, they just need to get up a bit earlier. As will we.

From memory, every Scottish Cup semi final has kicked off around 12.15 since about 2004.

It beggars belief that people are shocked and fuming about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    From memory, every Scottish Cup semi final has kicked off around 12.15 since about 2004.

Both Semi-Finals have been shown every year since 2010 but there have been many years previously in which both have been shown.

The second choice TV semi-final is always awkward as it is on Sky and BBC and has to fit both schedules.

Since 2010, every semi-final has had an early kick off and we have been in most of them. I understand people being annoyed but I don't understand people being surprised it is this kick off time.

As I said before, we have had Sunday 6.05pm for a semi-final and a Friday night too.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    right then, what time you expect to be up at/ you bringin' any bairns? what time will you set off, even if you are not expecting to grab a pint? the day is spoilt before it even starts, for some

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post

Ah right I get it now ..... if somebody takes the piss for long enough it becomes OK ..... silly me.

Getting up at 6/7 am doesn't stop people going to their work, why would it stop them going to see Hibs?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    I suspect 5.15 with the potential for extra time and penalties might cause the sheepies problems getting back. It's better for public transport than the Sunday.
    It wouldnt surprise me if plod kicked that idea out as well - both sets of fans would be absolutely blootered by KO.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Getting up at 6/7 am doesn't stop people going to their work, why would it stop them going to see Hibs?
    It bloody does for me. As someone else said, if you kick them in the balls enough times, it does not hurt anymore, but you wont be getting anyone who's not been kicked in the nads volunteering for said kicking.

In a time where we are probably along with the gimps across town the only two clubs who's crowds are actually up these days, the authorities really need to find a way of attracting new fans along to games, and not making it as hard as possible for those who do go.

Tv is a necessary evil i suppose, but we should be working as hard as possible to attract more folk through the doors, quite how i really dont know?

Testimonial Due
    Agreed.

Scottish football has too few big, glamarous, showpiece occasions without constantly devaluing those that we do have.

Ko will prob knock a good five to ten thousand off the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    There are 3 trains that leave early enough, 0633, 0740 and 0842......all are £60 return already. There are no trains that arrive in time for 1230 KO on a Sunday. I tried to book a bus for the Aberdeen Hibs fans but already fully booked by the Sheep. It'll be the car for me. Even that journey, which usually takes 2.5 hours, on big match days like this & Scotland games, takes up to 4 hours due the football traffic. It took me 6 hours to drive down for the Scotland v Ireland game at Parkhead a few years ago. Takes ages to get through Dundee and the Perth to Stirling bit.
    There are four trains, you missed out the 05.26. If your quick you can still do it for £30 return if you buy singles instead of returns. If there are 4 of you traveling you can actually buy tickets at the moment for £50 return and that's for all 4 of you. Only a few of these left though so be quick.

right then, what time you expect to be up at/ you bringin' any bairns? what time will you set off, even if you are not expecting to grab a pint? the day is spoilt before it even starts, for some
    The perfect kick off time would be at 3pm but I wouldn't say that having it a few hours earlier would spoil the day, it's a semi final at Hampden. It certainly doesn't spoil the day for kids. Getting up early because you are going to Hampden just adds to the excitement when you are a bairn doesn't it?

Imagne had it been Inverness in the semi final, horrendous KO time,as for the comments of well you will have to get up earlier, aye like thats helpful for fans travelling from distance ffs. As Nae Nookie says we should be supporting them.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    There are four trains, you missed out the 05.26. If your quick you can still do it for £30 return if you buy singles instead of returns. If there are 4 of you traveling you can actually buy tickets at the moment for £50 return and that's for all 4 of you. Only a few of these left though so be quick.
    0526....I'll give that a miss thanks. What site do you get the 4 friends ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Agreed.

Scottish football has too few big, glamarous, showpiece occasions without constantly devaluing those that we do have.

Ko will prob knock a good five to ten thousand off the gate.
    5/10k 😂 - They're not travelling from Brighton and leaving on the Friday morning, taking days off work into the bargain, they are travelling from 2 hours up the road. Most of their fans are from the central belt anyways as seen by their respective home and away crowds.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    5/10k �� - They're not travelling from Brighton and leaving on the Friday morning, taking days off work into the bargain, they are travelling from 2 hours up the road. Most of their fans are from the central belt anyways as seen by their respective home and away crowds.
    Agreed. I absolutely hate the term bedwetting but some folks mattresses must reek of piss with the states they're getting themselves in over the sake of a couple hours.

If 5-10000 folk are put off because the game kicks off a massive 2 and 3/4 hours earlier than usual you need to question how arsed they are about supporting their respective team. Would they still be moaning if we got to the final and it was an early kick off?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Agreed. I absolutely hate the term bedwetting but some folks mattresses must reek of piss with the states they're getting themselves in over the sake of a couple hours.

If 5-10000 folk are put off because the game kicks off a massive 2 and 3/4 hours earlier than usual you need to question how arsed they are about supporting their respective team. Would they still be moaning if we got to the final and it was an early kick off?
    Quite. Close to 30,000 made it from both cities at the same time a few years back. I suspect attendance will be a little bigger this year.

For folk like me it wouldn't .... but semi finals above all games attract casual non regular fans, it affects their numbers when they are faced with situations like this, why would they bother to get up at 6am to go to watch a team they only follow as a casual fan when they can watch it on the telly without having to get up early or even leave the house and probably save themselves a couple of hundred quid into the bargain? One of the things that makes working people look forward to the weekend is knowing they WONT have to get out of their bed at 6am.

Answer me this ..... what other branch of the entertainment industry forces its patrons to put themselves out for the privilege of parting with their money? Apart from big festivals where people stay on site anyway what rock band would schedule a gig to start at lunchtime, they wouldn't because they know their fans would react badly to it and they would likely sell less tickets.

Can you imagine cinemas only showing this months blockbuster as a matinee? They show the films in the evening because they know that people often go to the pictures as part of a wider night out and that's exactly what a trip to Hampden should be, part of a wider experience where you get to enjoy the build up to the game with a couple of hours in the boozer beforehand, like it or not that's a huge part of the day for a lot of fans ..... if you don't agree try getting into a boozer within a two mile radius of Hampden whenever Hibs are playing there.

There is no branch of the entertainment industry that would dare to show the utter disregard for its patrons that football does .... but when you see the number of folk posting on this site who seem happy to accept being treated as an AFTERTHOUGHT its no wonder they get away with it.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    For folk like me it wouldn't .... but semi finals above all games attract casual non regular fans, it affects their numbers when they are faced with situations like this, why would they bother to get up at 6am to go to watch a team they only follow as a casual fan when they can watch it on the telly without having to get up early or even leave the house and probably save themselves a couple of hundred quid into the bargain? One of the things that makes working people look forward to the weekend is knowing they WONT have to get out of their bed at 6am.

Answer me this ..... what other branch of the entertainment industry forces its patrons to put themselves out for the privilege of parting with their money? Apart from big festivals where people stay on site anyway what rock band would schedule a gig to start at lunchtime, they wouldn't because they know their fans would react badly to it and they would likely sell less tickets.

Can you imagine cinemas only showing this months blockbuster as a matinee? They show the films in the evening because they know that people often go to the pictures as part of a wider night out and that's exactly what a trip to Hampden should be, part of a wider experience where you get to enjoy the build up to the game with a couple of hours in the boozer beforehand, like it or not that's a huge part of the day for a lot of fans ..... if you don't agree try getting into a boozer within a two mile radius of Hampden whenever Hibs are playing there.

There is no branch of the entertainment industry that would dare to show the utter disregard for its patrons that football does .... but when you see the number of folk posting on this site who seem happy to accept being treated as an AFTERTHOUGHT its no wonder they get away with it.
    Long way around the houses.
    You are Bobby Willimson and I claim my five pounds.
    Nothing to do with going to the pictures or any other activity for that matter. What has boozing got to do with Cinemas? Do we need to fill publoads with folk waiting to see T2? Will they only show the film once? Do we have Aberdeen v Hibs on a constant evening loop for anyone that wants to go on whichever evening they choose?
    Are the clubs only playing to support the promo on the new album they have out? Are they playing Glasgow on the Saturday and the rest of the country later in the week?
    Wimbledon has millions of afternoon "kick offs".
    Why does any game at Hampden have to evolve into a night out? Will nobody think of the children? (except obviously Monktonharp)
    It's a dinner time kick off. Happens all over the world. In bigger places than this. The more sober our support the better as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    0526....I'll give that a miss thanks. What site do you get the 4 friends ticket?
    Sorry bud I'm just back online and looks like their sold out. For future ref its scotrails official site and you can get the offer traveling to most places in Scotland if your quick enough. We use it all the time.

Suits me down to the ground especially if it deters drunk day trippers who berate the team when we concede two throw ins in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Long way around the houses.
    You are Bobby Willimson and I claim my five pounds.
    Nothing to do with going to the pictures or any other activity for that matter. What has boozing got to do with Cinemas? Do we need to fill publoads with folk waiting to see T2? Will they only show the film once? Do we have Aberdeen v Hibs on a constant evening loop for anyone that wants to go on whichever evening they choose?
    Are the clubs only playing to support the promo on the new album they have out? Are they playing Glasgow on the Saturday and the rest of the country later in the week?
    Wimbledon has millions of afternoon "kick offs".
    Why does any game at Hampden have to evolve into a night out? Will nobody think of the children? (except obviously Monktonharp)
    It's a dinner time kick off. Happens all over the world. In bigger places than this. The more sober our support the better as far as I'm concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Suits me down to the ground especially if it deters drunk day trippers who berate the team when we concede two throw ins in a row.
    We get this every time we get to Hampden ...... I've missed two Hibs matches at the national stadium since my first one in 1979 and in all that time I've never had any problem with drunk day trippers, I've seen a couple of incidents but the way some folk go on you would think 90% of the support can barely make it up the steps without puking and the ones who do make it into the stands are looking for a fight with anybody who casts a glance in their direction, including our players.

Ffs this is not about drunk fans, its about getting a f, n fair deal for the paying public, the fan, we are being shafted time and time again by SFA, tv and police bloody Scotland, give us our 3pm ko back, its not about how many beers yi cram in, its about filling our national stadium, getting the game to folk who might not go but decide to go cos its no on the telly might be a start. 12 oclock is a bloody stupid time for a game. We also have fans that will bevtravelling long distance, its not fair on them either. Not a great way to promote the game with half empty stadiums.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Look at it this way: the league needs tv money, there are stipulations put in place to get that money, we will benefit as a club from said money, it was hardly a surprise that it's a 12:15 KO as it has been that way for years.

No point moaning about it because that's how it will be for the foreseeable - it's a trip to Hampden FFS