hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hampden

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstandman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not really in your timescales but the skol cup semi against the Huns in the old hampden is still one of my favourites. Still watch videos of the Keith wright header and that cross from mickey weir like he just dropped the ball out of his hand right on Keith's head.
    that was a magic moment, and if my memory serves me it was a night game? a couple of auld guys next to us were neutrals (celtic) and they danced wi us!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    that was a magic moment, and if my memory serves me it was a night game? a couple of auld guys next to us were neutrals (celtic) and they danced wi us!
    Worst - too many! Best 2007 - living abroad for 2016.

If my memory cells recall correctly - Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep was in fact the 1985 League Cup Final against Aberdeen and it was pre-game rather than half-time. Apart from never being in that game outside of an 18 year old Gordon Durie flashing a shot on goal what I actually remeber most is a very entertaining 4-2 win at New Kilbowie against Clydebank on the Wednesday night following that final at Hampden.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Even though i pretend

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Read a poster saying this will be our 20th trip to the national stadium since 2000. Remarkable if correct. Was wondering what the best and worst Hampden experiences of my fellow Hibbys were. Let's leave out the obvious 21/5/16.

For me the worst was undoubtedly the league cup final loss to Livingston. Was crushed after that game. Huge Hibs support of 40k I recall. Best would be the 5-1 league cup final. Hibs tore Killie to shreds and still the best rendition of Sunshine on Leith I've heard.
    Even though i pretend it never happened it's got to them 2012

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I bet you there will be some Hibs fans who will have been to more games at Hampden than Easter Road in that time since 2000..
    Spot on

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I bet you there will be some Hibs fans who will have been to more games at Hampden than Easter Road in that time since 2000..
    Probably some never even been to ER

I blamed Jim Mc Intyre, at the time. a sneeky bugger that managed to con us with a penalty decision iirc
    There are plenty of DAFC fans who will probably think that was a bit of 16 year old karma.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Falkirk under Stubbs and Livi in the league cup final felt worse to me than 5-1 ever did.

Don't ask me to explain that because I have no idea either.
    On the day I reckon the 4-0 and 5-1 off hearts were worse to take but you can accept them and move on. By hook or by crook, we were thrashed and that was it. End of.

It's the missed opportunities you regret and fans of every club will agree. I don't have to recall my worst Hampden experiences but I bet Hearts fans are more annoyed and gutted by Airdrie, St. Mirren and last minute goals from Celtic than they are by thrashings off Rangers. Aberdeen fans will tell you that daft semi losses to minnows will hurt more than leatherings where strikers had to go in goals.

I suppose it's all balanced out with the sweet victories.

Left by mutual consent!
    that defeat against Celtic was also sair to bear, but the Hibernian fans' response after the whistle was so good. Griffiths played while injured, and the wee south American gadge (forget his name) was hussled and fouled all game by Broony with nowt done by the ref. Did not help that they had an inform chap called Stokes, tearing down the left side to assist their main striker that was the day I thought we'd be back, and win it

Jorge Claros.

I blamed Jim Mc Intyre, at the time. a sneeky bugger that managed to con us with a penalty decision iirc
    It was Adam Hammell that dived for penalty, McIntyre took penalty

Was it not Thompson that was ref ?

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think it was around 98/99, remember that one too
    2000 i think. stirling put us out 99 with a chris jackson goal.
    definitely worst one for me. andy dow somehow besting russel latapy.
    the dons then lost leighton to injury 5 min into the final against that dead club and got pumped with robbie winters in goal.

The 4-3 game against Falkirk was up there. It was a crazy football match and one that I couldn't believe I was witnessing.

We almost went 4-0 down at half time and I was ready to leave if that fourth goal had gone in. The second half and extra time was just incredible.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The 4-3 game against Falkirk was up there. It was a crazy football match and one that I couldn't believe I was witnessing.

We almost went 4-0 down at half time and I was ready to leave if that fourth goal had gone in. The second half and extra time was just incredible.
    We missed a penalty too.

Worst:
    Losing to Livingston 0-2 in the League Cup final 2004 was horrible. We got to the final the hard way having beaten Celtic at ER in 1/4 final. My train was severely late and I just made the second half to see Hibs go one down but we won 2-1 thanks to a cracking free kick from Thomo. Then we beat Rangers in the semi final on a Thursday night in front of just 28,000 in penalty shoot out..

In the final we had Deeks, O'Connor, Thomo, Broony and Livingston had just gone into administration

My sons were 7 & 8 and the walk back to the supporters bus then the journey back to Edinburgh was the longest ever - I felt so really gutted for my boys.

Best:
    Without doubt winning the Scottish Cup last year. Seeing my sons celebrate was everything!
    Last edited by Johnny Clash; 05-03-2017 at 07:24 AM.